Sounds Delicious

I emailed a couple of weeks back asking for an update and got the below. Still no excuse for the general silence we're getting from them...

Hey Heath,

We'll have an update soon but I'll give you a little preview in the meantime. The next album in the series is at the plant and should be in production as we speak. I was hoping to have them ready to ship before the end of May but the plant is apparently experiencing an unusual 2-3 week delay in printing the jackets (normally the delays are in the pressing the vinyl itself). Anyways, we're planning on releasing the first single and announcing once they give us a firmer date for when we can expect it to finish. I don't want to spoil too much but this one is a cover of Air's Moon Safari. More soon!

Matthew
So are they just hoping we'll forget about the box? Cause I could care less about future releases, I have not ordered future ones. And I will not order anything from them in the future until they fulfill my order and send me the damn box.

I have said box a lot.

Box.

What's in the booooxxxxx?

So are they just hoping we'll forget about the box? Cause I could care less about future releases, I have not ordered future ones. And I will not order anything from them in the future until they fulfill my order and send me the damn box.

I have said box a lot.

Box.

What's in the booooxxxxx?
To be fair, I didn't ask about the box because it slipped my mind at the time, but my guess is that yeah they're hoping we'll forget about it. Which I don't plan to do.

To be fair, I didn't ask about the box because it slipped my mind at the time, but my guess is that yeah they're hoping we'll forget about it. Which I don't plan to do.
I already know what the response will be: "unfortunately we've had to pull our artists from the box project to focus on the upcoming release cycle. More to come!"

I already know what the response will be: "unfortunately we've had to pull our artists from the box project to focus on the upcoming release cycle. More to come!"
I actually posted a comment 2 months ago in the Kickstarter thingy asking about the box. No response.

Random musing...I'm bummed at how the second hand market for these has dipped over time. In the beginning, a few years ago, I sold a few of the early LPs I didn't quite dig for like $80-100 each. Now I think there isn't even a market to buy the most recent ones at any price. I wonder if fans of either the recent original or cover bands know these exist and how many subscribers they have gained since the original Kickstarter.

The year is 2077, trees don’t even exist anymore, I still haven’t received my box.
The quickness with which this sub went from awesome to complete trash is impressive. But don't worry, I'm sure we'll get an email in a few months apologizing for the delays, swearing there's stuff in the works, promising more info soon, and then they'll go silent for another year. The word "box" will show up exactly nowhere in said email.

The quickness with which this sub went from awesome to complete trash is impressive. But don't worry, I'm sure we'll get an email in a few months apologizing for the delays, swearing there's stuff in the works, promising more info soon, and then they'll go silent for another year. The word "box" will show up exactly nowhere in said email.
I'll always remember that first awesome batch of artists that committed to this. Pre-popularity-explosion Mitski was originally on there!

We’ve been very busy getting great product ready for you!

<camera slowly pans to Hawaiian vacation photos on their Instagram >

Honestly, breaks my heart. They released some great records - I seriously love all 13 of the original releases - but I hate the lack of communication and wonky release schedule.

I don't even remember anymore. Is this the first record of the year?

They mention six-month subscriptions in that link, but...there's no way they have active subscribers, right? Everyone is working on back logged credits, or just buys them as they come out, right?

Well, I guess they decided to put out another record.

Did they email about this, or did you just stumble onto the announcement elsewhere? I don't have anything in my inbox.

I don't even remember anymore. Is this the first record of the year?

They mention six-month subscriptions in that link, but...there's no way they have active subscribers, right? Everyone is working on back logged credits, or just buys them as they come out, right?
I'm assuming I'm an active subscriber as I paid upfront for the second season after the initial baker's dozen I ordered and received... but at this point this shit feels like a loss, and whatever I get from this point forward is more than I now expect. I certainly will not give them any more of my money after this experience.

Back