Sounds Delicious

I just want my display box that was part of the annual kickstarter subscription. It is a bit silly that they have not sent this out yet.
Matthew commented on the problems with the box in the old place. I hope i remember this correctly. The first artist they hired never delivered the design on time. They then switched designers but had the problem that the production prices of the box increased. He said they are still planning to deliver it, though.

I was making a comment about the complaining, before it got out of hand (as it usually does in this forum) and metastasized into full-blown "carping".

I saw this happen multiple times in the last forum. People start complaining about small things, then more join in, then they grab pitchforks, and the next thing you know, it's gotten so extreme -- VMP employees are leaving and we're getting less updates and then suddenly there's no forum at all. I never spoke up during any of that. I probably should have. But I didn't.

Even now, in this new forum, when threads are taken over with waves of complaining and negativity -- and all I want to do is read about new records or engage in what the actual topic of the thread is -- I haven't said anything.

But this time I did say something, before it snowballed. I really don't want people here to do to Sounds Delicious what they did to VMP. I don't think Sounds Delicious can take it. They're too small. They're my favorite sub and I want them to stay that way. So, I spoke up early and gave my two-cents, hoping others might agree and the complaining wouldn't escalate.

Re-read my comments. Or don't. I honestly don't care. I am not engaging anymore with you. You're willfully ignorant or just straight-up ignorant (doesn't really matter), and I know you'll throw in more weak-ass references -- like that pitiful "it's Thursday afternoon, so it would be pretty hard for me to Monday morning qb anything" -- and I'm not a big enough person not to comment on how tired and lame and pathetic that is.

Also, just for the record -- your reading comprehension is "ridiculous". There, I slipped it in.

Also, starting off with "can you just not" (unless you're 12, which you may be since you referenced that Taylor record -- and if so, I'm truly sorry and I take all of this back) is pretty "ridiculous", too. There, I slipped it in twice. Not hard when you're dealing with someone ridiculous.
Holy shit you need to chill.

The fact that your speaking to someone like this is beyond rude.

It doesn't matter if they are your favorite or not it doesn't mean you can silence people for the gripes they have with a product or lack of one. Take a walk and don't speak to people like that on here.

While I like the idea of pre-arguing with people about their future behavior Minority Report pre-cog style, I think it’s actually stoking and cultivating the toxic arguing that you purport to seek to avoid. If you really do want people to not pile on Sounds Delicious, you can simply listen and believe them when they reply “We’re not piling on Sounds Delicious. We like them.” It’s an immediate one step solution to the chill, calm, reasonable future you desire.

I was making a comment about the complaining, before it got out of hand (as it usually does in this forum) and metastasized into full-blown "carping".

I saw this happen multiple times in the last forum. People start complaining about small things, then more join in, then they grab pitchforks, and the next thing you know, it's gotten so extreme -- VMP employees are leaving and we're getting less updates and then suddenly there's no forum at all. I never spoke up during any of that. I probably should have. But I didn't.

Even now, in this new forum, when threads are taken over with waves of complaining and negativity -- and all I want to do is read about new records or engage in what the actual topic of the thread is -- I haven't said anything.

But this time I did say something, before it snowballed. I really don't want people here to do to Sounds Delicious what they did to VMP. I don't think Sounds Delicious can take it. They're too small. They're my favorite sub and I want them to stay that way. So, I spoke up early and gave my two-cents, hoping others might agree and the complaining wouldn't escalate.

Re-read my comments. Or don't. I honestly don't care. I am not engaging anymore with you. You're willfully ignorant or just straight-up ignorant (doesn't really matter), and I know you'll throw in more weak-ass references -- like that pitiful "it's Thursday afternoon, so it would be pretty hard for me to Monday morning qb anything" -- and I'm not a big enough person not to comment on how tired and lame and pathetic that is.

Also, just for the record -- your reading comprehension is "ridiculous". There, I slipped it in.

Also, starting off with "can you just not" (unless you're 12, which you may be since you referenced that Taylor record -- and if so, I'm truly sorry and I take all of this back) is pretty "ridiculous", too. There, I slipped it in twice. Not hard when you're dealing with someone ridiculous.
Wow.

Take a walk, go listen to your records, do something else, other than being shitty. You have no right to speak to anyone on this board this way, no matter what.

You are the one that has escalated this thread with this behavior. This is not okay.

Fair enough. You may be right.

I rarely comment or get involved ever. I didn't in the last forum when things got out of hand. And I didn't this past week when things got out of hand with another member of this forum, when others piled on and bullied him and brought up things that were no one's business.

I thought I'd try a different track this time since not saying anything and just allowing people on here to vent seems to always end up the same way -- the worst way possible.

But maybe you're right. Maybe it's best to not interfere with the inevitable.

So your answer to that is to get nasty with people in this thread? That’s your track?

Fair enough. You may be right.

I rarely comment or get involved ever. I didn't in the last forum when things got out of hand. And I didn't this past week when things got out of hand with another member of this forum, when others piled on and bullied him and brought up things that were no one's business.

I thought I'd try a different track this time since not saying anything and just allowing people on here to vent seems to always end up the same way -- the worst way possible.

But maybe you're right. Maybe it's best to not interfere with the inevitable.
Maybe try a different different track because this personally attacking/condescending one, won't work here.

I'm signing out. I'm rarely on here anyway. I stopped posting on the last forum for the same reason. It's not a big deal.

I do love Sounds Delicious and I hope you take into consideration all the positives I said about them when thinking about delayed records or boxes. I also hope you don't conflate any of my many negatives with them as a subscription service.

I would like to say to @Teeeee -- I don't know you. I hope you didn't take anything I said personally. Again, you shouldn't because I don't know you. They were just jabs. I'm sure you're a great person. And I honestly didn't mean anything more by what I said than just harmless jousting. This is sincere. I have no other reason to apologize to you other than to make sure I didn't cause any emotional harm to another human. I wouldn't want to have done that to you, even unintentionally. I'm not saying you are hurt by what I said, but if you happen to be, please don't be. It all came from a place of sport and not a place of malice. Seriously.

I'm not apologizing to the Canadian for correcting his spelling though. He should have known better. He's from Canada.
For the record, you didn't actually apologize to the American either.

Matthew commented on the problems with the box in the old place. I hope i remember this correctly. The first artist they hired never delivered the design on time. They then switched designers but had the problem that the production prices of the box increased. He said they are still planning to deliver it, though.
I don't remember him saying that, but I do believe it. I emailed him once to ask about renewing and the box and something. He responded super fast. I know they are working on it (I tried to think of a different phrase and failed) and I do believe them. I just wants it! I wants it bad!

And I think someone is covering the Squeeze for the next album. Or did I completely just whiff on the clues he gave in his last email?

Reactions: Jan
I believe it was a combo of this, but that he also had to pull his designer on the box to work on one of the monthly album jackets. Then things just got behind so the box moved down the priority list.

I'm still waiting for my box too FWIW and I only did the 6 month kickstarter. At this point I would just take 1 month of the coffee sub instead of the box.
Matthew was kind enough to swap me out for 1 month of the coffee sub. At this point I only have 4 of my initial 6 SD releases so a box wouldn't have done me much good.

As mentioned earlier, I've been waiting with anticipation for something that hits me like the Gibbard, Yumi Zouma, and Mutual Benefit albums did in the very beginning. It looks like this release will do just that. 🤘

Back