Sounds Delicious

Sorry. Bad joke. I think we dont have any hints what the next one might be
Not a bad joke at all. I would love that to happen! And when they were asking for suggestions way in the beginning of their kickstarter, I think my suggestion was SK covering Lemonade. So CRJ covering Dig Me Out would be amazing!

Slowly i start to worry

For real. I'm done with my initial Kickstarter 13 months. I just need the box now. But ….. has anything new even been announced? I haven't re-upped because I haven't seen any mention of an album after these first 13.

For real. I'm done with my initial Kickstarter 13 months. I just need the box now. But ….. has anything new even been announced? I haven't re-upped because I haven't seen any mention of an album after these first 13.

I am still waiting on the 13th because i renewed for 6 months and told them they can Keep sending them in tripletts. But i was not expecting such a long waiting time.

Edit: I send them an E-Mail asking about the progress. I´ll keep you updated if i hear something

Last edited:
The wait time doesn't bother me too much.
I have been underwhelmed by the last 5-6 records though. They started so strong with the first half dozen and they haven't quite reached that level again, IMO. I hope the delay means we'll get a flurry of new, exciting bands/artists announced with a quicker turnaround for the next few releases.

The wait time doesn't bother me too much.
I have been underwhelmed by the last 5-6 records though. They started so strong with the first half dozen and they haven't quite reached that level again, IMO. I hope the delay means we'll get a flurry of new, exciting bands/artists announced with a quicker turnaround for the next few releases.

i liked the Gems and Pains of being pure of heart recors a lot and havent spent too much toime with cults and pure bathing culture. the pacific Ocean blue cover did not really grap me.

This is the response I got about an update:

"Not yet but we'll be announcing the next release (which is already in production) soon-ish!"

I'd be surprised if we got more than 2 releases before the end of the year

Reactions: Jan
Looks like the next album is going to be Weezer’s “Blue Album”.

I saw that email. This would make up for any personal gripes I have with the last few releases.

Looks like the next album is going to be Weezer’s “Blue Album”.
I saw that email. This would make up for any personal gripes I have with the last few releases.
Which e-mail? Dionly get a personal reply from matthew about my inquiry . He said sd14 is in production and will be ready within the next 30 days. Sd15 & sd16 both had delays in the recording but will be issued nearly in parallel but he could give no timeframe for that.

Which e-mail? Dionly get a personal reply from matthew about my inquiry . He said sd14 is in production and will be ready within the next 30 days. Sd15 & sd16 both had delays in the recording but will be issued nearly in parallel but he could give no timeframe for that.
Sent at 11:30am PST today:

Hey friends,

I'm sending you this email because you're a subscriber to our SOUNDS DELICIOUS series. We just wanted to give you a little update on the status of our releases.

Status of SD013

These have all shipped. If you haven't received your copy of No Vacation's cover of The Cranberries debut album yet - let me know!

Status of SD014

Delayed? Say it ain't so! If we ever get completely on schedule I swear I'll declare a holiday. A life without vinyl delays? Only in dreams. Thankfully this is in production and will hopefully be in the garage and ready to ship by the end of the month or thereabouts. Is this awkward paragraph an attempt to squeeze in a bunch of hints as to the album being covered? Yup.

Status of Inventory of Past Releases

We are officially sold out of the following albums: Frankie Rose, Yumi Zouma, and The Pains of Being Pure at Heart. We expect to sell out of the albums by Cults, Pure Bathing Culture, Chewing, and No Vacation before too long. If you're interested in any of these albums (or any of our other past releases) and would like to use any of your existing balance towards them let me know as soon as possible. We'll ship you the rarest variant available.

Status of SD015 and SD016

Unfortunately, our artists hit recording delays on both of these so they're just going to add to our string of delays. The good news is that they'll both be ready at roughly the same time and probably shortly before SD017. They aren't in full production yet though so we can't give you an exact date or even an accurate estimate on them. We'll send an update once we can though.

The Delays

We've said it before and we'll say it again. You are the best. Thank you so so much for being understanding about the delays!

There are so many reasons they occur including production delays at the plant, recording delays by the artists, necessary revisions in the artwork, unacceptable audio quality on the test pressings, etc. The delays are super stressful for us but we're not willing to push anything through before it's ready and at the quality we expect.

We've tried to get ahead of it by getting more artists in the pipeline. The problem is that we are a small business and we can only afford to pay so many advances at a time. We do have a number of artists in the queue and we work every day to try to address the issue. For now, trust that the series is continuing and we have a lot of great surprises in the works.

With that said, I totally understand if you’re worried about the delays. If you want to chat about it or figure out options for how we can handle the balance we owe you - send me an email and we’ll sort it out.

As a reminder, we owe you 1 LP for every payment we receive from you no matter what’s going on with production delays. It may take time but we’ll get you sorted out eventually. If you have a balance and are interested in applying part of it towards past SOUNDS DELICIOUS releases; our Coffee & Vinyl Pairings; or Pairings Box clubs we can definitely do that.

Anyways, thanks again and always feel free to reach out to me directly with questions or concerns.

Best,
Matthew

Sent at 11:30am PST today:

Hey friends,

I'm sending you this email because you're a subscriber to our SOUNDS DELICIOUS series. We just wanted to give you a little update on the status of our releases.

Status of SD013

These have all shipped. If you haven't received your copy of No Vacation's cover of The Cranberries debut album yet - let me know!

Status of SD014

Delayed? Say it ain't so! If we ever get completely on schedule I swear I'll declare a holiday. A life without vinyl delays? Only in dreams. Thankfully this is in production and will hopefully be in the garage and ready to ship by the end of the month or thereabouts. Is this awkward paragraph an attempt to squeeze in a bunch of hints as to the album being covered? Yup.

Status of Inventory of Past Releases

We are officially sold out of the following albums: Frankie Rose, Yumi Zouma, and The Pains of Being Pure at Heart. We expect to sell out of the albums by Cults, Pure Bathing Culture, Chewing, and No Vacation before too long. If you're interested in any of these albums (or any of our other past releases) and would like to use any of your existing balance towards them let me know as soon as possible. We'll ship you the rarest variant available.

Status of SD015 and SD016

Unfortunately, our artists hit recording delays on both of these so they're just going to add to our string of delays. The good news is that they'll both be ready at roughly the same time and probably shortly before SD017. They aren't in full production yet though so we can't give you an exact date or even an accurate estimate on them. We'll send an update once we can though.

The Delays

We've said it before and we'll say it again. You are the best. Thank you so so much for being understanding about the delays!

There are so many reasons they occur including production delays at the plant, recording delays by the artists, necessary revisions in the artwork, unacceptable audio quality on the test pressings, etc. The delays are super stressful for us but we're not willing to push anything through before it's ready and at the quality we expect.

We've tried to get ahead of it by getting more artists in the pipeline. The problem is that we are a small business and we can only afford to pay so many advances at a time. We do have a number of artists in the queue and we work every day to try to address the issue. For now, trust that the series is continuing and we have a lot of great surprises in the works.

With that said, I totally understand if you’re worried about the delays. If you want to chat about it or figure out options for how we can handle the balance we owe you - send me an email and we’ll sort it out.

As a reminder, we owe you 1 LP for every payment we receive from you no matter what’s going on with production delays. It may take time but we’ll get you sorted out eventually. If you have a balance and are interested in applying part of it towards past SOUNDS DELICIOUS releases; our Coffee & Vinyl Pairings; or Pairings Box clubs we can definitely do that.

Anyways, thanks again and always feel free to reach out to me directly with questions or concerns.

Best,
Matthew
Thanks for forwarding that. Probably will get it eventually.
They are a small business and i trust them bexause so far they delivered on what they promised. I'll be waiting

I certainly trust their curation, and have enjoyed every release so far to at least some degree. But they were a small company before opening a second, more complicated to produce, subscription program. I think it's fair to hold them to some standard of expecting a more refined schedule for releases. Two years in seems like a good place to expect that to be happening.

Not sure I'd be too happy about this. He's taking recurring payments and asking if you'd like to apply a credit build-up to other subs?

I'm still waiting for my box too FWIW and I only did the 6 month kickstarter. At this point I would just take 1 month of the coffee sub instead of the box.

Yeah. They should give people who don’t like waiting an easy out or refund, IMO. People who don’t mind waiting can stick around and deal with the delays. I’ve had some experience with how slow bands and musicians are to follow through and what it’s like running a small side hustle in the creative/art world and Matthew has been nothing but attentive and responsive anytime I’ve needed anything, which, again IMO, is the part that’s fully in their control. That said, it has been very slow and I don’t begrudge anyone who wants out. You should be able to get out and get your money back.

It's two people running this whole operation from their home. They are curating everything, hiring the artists, signing off on the artwork, dealing with the bands and contracts, dealing with music rights, dealing with the pressing plants, contacting media to get the word out, doing quality control, and shipping them all out all by themselves, just the two of them. If you've never started your own business, let alone ran your own business, you may not know how difficult all of that is. And as far as I'm concerned, they're hitting it out of the park.

I know some people in this forum like to pile on. And a lot of the time, it may be justified. But it's definitely not here. I don't want Sounds Delicious to sacrifice anything -- especially not quality -- just to make some arbitrary deadline because some people on this forum decided they need another target to vent on.

Sounds Delicious is my favorite sub by far. And I want them to stay that way.

Just in case this was at all in reference to my post two above, I think you might be taking my words a bit harsher than I intended them? Matt has also been very kind and helpful to me as well. When I did suspend my monthly sub, he was more than accommodating in moving me to the kickstarter level for the still owed releases (7 of those still to go).

However, I do think it's a bit unfair to imply that any critique is invalid or just "piling on" when the company is a year behind on their monthly releases.

I think at a minimum they should suspend sales of the monthly subscription. It's pretty misleading for any new customer who is unware of the delays, and they will be several payments in before they get a handle of how this sub operates. Like I said above, they were aware of their size when they started taking money for this sub, and still sold it as a monthly release. Even if we all keep buying every release (which I plan to. they are still great quality) it is going to build up a lot of bad blood with the larger customer base, and make others wary of joining to begin with.

I think they would be better off moving to a more Mondo type store. Putting up a release whenever one is ready, and maybe selling different level colorways.

Bottom line, yes, great people running a company that has released a lot of albums that I enjoy. But also yes, they have made some mistakes in running it.

You know, now that I think about it, I got 13 albums from them, not a single one was damaged, warped, had split seams, etc. And I am entirely across the country from them. So, take note! Shipping CAN be handled competently.

I just want my display box that was part of the annual kickstarter subscription. It is a bit silly that they have not sent this out yet.

Last edited:
My point is -- we don't have to Monday-morning-quarterback every single vinyl subscription service out there.

Maybe Sounds Delicious can be the one carve-out we make when it comes to the collective carping. Go ahead and rain down all of your Fortune 500 wisdom on the other record clubs, but maybe leave Sounds Delicious alone. They are doing it right.

So you haven't gotten your box yet. You will, just like you got your thirteen records without incident.

So their hope to hit that monthly quota was more aspirational than actual in the beginning. That's how new businesses work. They'll eventually find their footing.

We don't have to criticize every single service that exists, especially the mom and pop shops who are doing their damnedest and actually killing it when it comes to creating a great product and seeing it's delivered in the best condition possible.

For me, what's really silly is the sense of entitlement and lack of empathy that became all too regular in the last forum and now in this new one, too. It muddies the waters. By the time something worthy of outrage occurs everyone has already spent their energies and credibility ranting over delays, delays that happen because of quality control. You'd rather receive your record on time than in the best condition possible? If so, my suggestion would be to start collecting coasters instead of vinyl.
Um. I wasn't criticizing. I, in fact, praised them.

I am not sure where I am showing a lack of empathy or a sense of entitlement. I paid for something. I should get that something. Wondering when i might get that something is not entitlement. It's actually how commerce works. Money in exchange for goods. It is acceptable for people to wonder where the goods are when the money has been paid. No one is carping, raining down or any of the other escalated language you are accusing people of doing.

It's also Thursday afternoon, so it would be pretty hard for me to Monday morning qb anything.

If you can't tell, my use of the word silly was just that... silly. And not serious. In the words of Taylor, "you need to calm down."

Um. Ridiculous. Acting like you don't know about the incessant carping. We literally lost our last forum because of it.
Can you just not?

No one was carping on SOUNDS DELICIOUS! You know, the thread we're in? If your definition of carping is people wondering where monthly albums are, well you're gonna need to list to that Taylor song on a loop for life.

You are literally arguing with me about a company that I praised. But call me ridiculous one more time.

Back