Pre-Order Thread

Okay, but was Bully ever a true "band" with equal collaboration, or was it always her project? The extended bio/story at the bottom of the Bandcamp page alludes to the amount of control she had over the first 2 albums and how much she gave up for this one. That the drummer

While they haven't ever sounded like much of what's coming out of Nashville, the use of session & touring musicians is right in line with that tradition.
you are right, I always thought Bully was more of a full band. I didn't read the entire essay on the bandcamp page

Okay, but was Bully ever a true "band" with equal collaboration, or was it always her project? The extended bio/story at the bottom of the Bandcamp page alludes to the amount of control she had over the first 2 albums and how much she gave up for this one. That the drummer

While they haven't ever sounded like much of what's coming out of Nashville, the use of session & touring musicians is right in line with that tradition.
I should have caught them when they toured with Jawbreaker last year or so. They came to Tulsa. I was probably in the hospital with my daughter.

Something to get you heart racing.

1591993545458.png

I should have caught them when they toured with Jawbreaker last year or so. They came to Tulsa. I was probably in the hospital with my daughter.

The only time I've seen Bully live was them opening for Descendents in 2016... the night after the election... it was something. I hesitate to call it cathartic given the real hurt and dread from the bands and audience, but both were powerful and very necessary.

THIS

Madvillain - Madvillainy (2020 Deluxe Sire Edition)

THIS

Is Sire Madvillain’s label in the UK? It’s weird that it would not be through Stones Throw.

Is Sire Madvillain’s label in the UK? It’s weird that it would not be through Stones Throw.
I don't have the slightest clue, just stumbled upon that listing and can't find any info about "Deluxe Sire Edition".

The description reads:
Label Stones Throw
Genre Hip Hop
Artist Madvillain
Released 03/07/20
Catalogue Number STH2065-6

I don't have the slightest clue, just stumbled upon that listing and can't find any info about "Deluxe Sire Edition".

The description reads:
Label Stones Throw
Genre Hip Hop
Artist Madvillain
Released 03/07/20
Catalogue Number STH2065-6
It looks like a cool set. I am half tempted. Just curious how Sire fits into it. They aren’t really known as a hip-hop label, just kinda strange is all.

It looks like a cool set. I am half tempted. Just curious how Sire fits into it. They aren’t really known as a hip-hop label, just kinda strange is all.
I'll reach out to Rough Trade and will let y'all know if they can shed some light on it.
But I guess that it's another colored pressing - just as they did with Donuts recently...

Signed colored repress of My Gospel
84CCA1CC-2BD8-4568-A3AD-BAF2AC41D063.jpeg

Signed colored repress of My Gospel
View attachment 51715

I have this first pressing but it isn’t signed. Looks like they found a box somewhere.

THIS

Man I am actually really upset they changed the color of the square in the top right corner. It was such a great part of an iconic cover

Wonder if it's like a Music On Vinyl situation where the rights to the music differ based on country.
Probably something like that it’s just if you look over a list of Artist on Sire I think you would be hard pressed to find any hip-hop artist. I am not saying that Madvillian couldn’t be the exception it just is a bit strange that s all.

Back