Pre-Order Thread

CONTROL-X2LPRender1_1280x1280.jpg

1591969406966.png

1591969942516.png

Haven't seen it posted on here, but this album is really good.

Pantayo - Pantayo

Bandcamp link

a1061573652_16.jpg

Pantayo explores what’s possible for contemporary kulintang music with the atonal blend of kulintang ensemble instruments with vocals and electronic production. The album features eight diverse songs speaking to Pantayo’s musical influences as queer diasporic Filipinas. Produced by Yamantaka // Sonic Titan’s alaska B, Pantayo was written and recorded from 2016-2019 in Toronto.

Other purchase links:
Television Explosion Records
Norman Records
Amazon

View attachment 51587

Bullmoose link.

I'm sure this will be everywhere but has some more details on two of the versions here.

@scotthilk --think you were looking for this one?
Bullmoose has it up now:

Don't think I've seen this in here yet. Moon Duo's Escape is being reissued:

View attachment 51615

Indie Exclusive.

Get it on Bandcamp, too

She should be huge. Hope this is the record it happens
Did Bully become just a solo project now? I know that it's mainly Alicia's project but idk it makes me sad to see bands who were once equal member bands become more/less solo projects with alternating members. See: The Shins, Car Seat Headrest, The Dirty Projectors, Tame Impala, DIIV, of Montreal, Swans, Titus Andronicus, etc.

It's sad that a lot of bands are just a one person project now. I miss bands.

All proceeds from this sale will be donated to Know Your Rights Camp's COVID-19 Relief Fund.

If you can wait until the 19th, all of band camps cut will be donated to the NAACP legal defense fund....thats what my plan is, hopefully it won't be sold out by then.

Did Bully become just a solo project now? I know that it's mainly Alicia's project but idk it makes me sad to see bands who were once equal member bands become more/less solo projects with alternating members. See: The Shins, Car Seat Headrest, The Dirty Projectors, Tame Impala, DIIV, of Montreal, Swans, Titus Andronicus, etc.

It's sad that a lot of bands are just a one person project now. I miss bands.

Okay, but was Bully ever a true "band" with equal collaboration, or was it always her project? The extended bio/story at the bottom of the Bandcamp page alludes to the amount of control she had over the first 2 albums and how much she gave up for this one.

While they haven't ever sounded like much of what's coming out of Nashville, the use of session & touring musicians is right in line with that tradition.

Last edited:
Back