Pre-Order Thread

Probably something like that it’s just if you look over a list of Artist on Sire I think you would be hard pressed to find any hip-hop artist. I am not saying that Madvillian couldn’t be the exception it just is a bit strange that s all.
Very strange. When I saw the label on the vinyl I immediately thought of 70s-80s artists. Perhaps this is the label equivalent of this:

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.png

Ta-ku - Songs To Break Up To (EP - Fat Beats Exclusive - Deep Purple Vinyl)

Ta-ku - Songs To Break Up To (EP - Fat Beats Exclusive - Deep Purple Vinyl)
Awwwwwww wish I never missed out on this one! 😩🤷‍♂️🙉

Did Bully become just a solo project now? I know that it's mainly Alicia's project but idk it makes me sad to see bands who were once equal member bands become more/less solo projects with alternating members. See: The Shins, Car Seat Headrest, The Dirty Projectors, Tame Impala, DIIV, of Montreal, Swans, Titus Andronicus, etc.

It's sad that a lot of bands are just a one person project now. I miss bands.

Okay, but was Bully ever a true "band" with equal collaboration, or was it always her project? The extended bio/story at the bottom of the Bandcamp page alludes to the amount of control she had over the first 2 albums and how much she gave up for this one.

While they haven't ever sounded like much of what's coming out of Nashville, the use of session & touring musicians is right in line with that tradition.

From what I understand there has been a ton of turmoil in the Nashville scene in the past 5 years. Not sure if it stemmed from Infinity Cat shrinking to basically a non-entity as many bands in their roster dissolved or moved to Dine Alone Records. Jeff The Brotherhood went super experimental (and even more awesome, IMO) but alienated a massive portion of their party-hard beer-blast audience before going nearly silent. Diarrhea Planet called it quits. Daddy Issues fired one of the Jennas and is now essentially a two-piece and hibernating. Music Band only just released their long-overdue album, Celebration, and no one noticed (it's good, btw). Alicia Bognanno had some personal issues which more or less broke up Bully and forced it into a more-or-less solo bedroom project. H.A.R.D. failed to take off. Faux Ferocious looked like they were making a bid for bigger audiences with a pre-corona EU tour and a move to Burger Records but things have gone very quiet for them as well.

Rock music in Nashville is definitely going through a transitional period. Who knows what's going to happen next.

Kevin Rowland : My Beauty: Pink Vinyl

@Mather @AnthonyI

Son of a dick, I knew this was gunna come back at some point. Nice thanks. I'll keep an eye out up here... We ain't got no Targets in Canada...

Son of a dick, I knew this was gunna come back at some point. Nice thanks. I'll keep an eye out up here... We ain't got no Targets in Canada...
It will be a wide distribution my guess...if not, you will be getting another surprise box in the mail at some point ;)

It will be a wide distribution my guess...if not, you will be getting another surprise box in the mail at some point ;)
Haha and you will be getting a parcel full of money if you do that again. But thanks for the thought. 🍻

Yes I agree, gotta be a standard black wide release. How does it actually sound? The RSD version? Decent or very digital?

@Mather @AnthonyI

Thanks for the shout out, I actually tracked one down on RSD-ish, lol. But, good to see it's actually going to be available. I am curios to see the details.

Back