Pre-Order Thread

Haha and you will be getting a parcel full of money if you do that again. But thanks for the thought. 🍻

Yes I agree, gotta be a standard black wide release. How does it actually sound? The RSD version? Decent or very digital?
Agree with what @AnthonyI said...sounds good, nothing audiophile but def glad it’s in my collection

@Mather @AnthonyI

For what's it's worth, the Target buy-2-get-1-free sale starts tomorrow. I've got a few LPs I've been eyeing in-store that I will probably pick up but it usually works online as well.

Did Bully become just a solo project now? I know that it's mainly Alicia's project but idk it makes me sad to see bands who were once equal member bands become more/less solo projects with alternating members. See: The Shins, Car Seat Headrest, The Dirty Projectors, Tame Impala, DIIV, of Montreal, Swans, Titus Andronicus, etc.

It's sad that a lot of bands are just a one person project now. I miss bands.
Bigtime for The Shins. Growing up in Seattle they used to occasionally open up for Modest Mouse before they even released a record as Isaac was their mentor. I really dug the other guys in the band and Marty's stage banter was sorely missed as I've seen them in previous year. I always took it as the band took off James dumped the OG lineup which was a huge bummer.

Last edited:
Bigtime for The Shins. Growing up in Seattle they used to occasionally open up for Modest Mouse before they even released a record as Isaac was their mentor. I really dug the other guys in the band and Marty's stage banter was sorely missed as I've seen them in previous year. I always took it as the band took off James dumped the OG lineup which was a huge bummer.

IIRC, there was an issue with one of the guys in the band involving alleged sexual assault. I think James pretty much just jettisoned the whole group in order to avoid anything tainting the Shins project.

IIRC, there was an issue with one of the guys in the band involving alleged sexual assault. I think James pretty much just jettisoned the whole group in order to avoid anything tainting the Shins project.
Nah, from what I've read and some people in the know personally he slowly started firing them impersonally because he thought they weren't "good enough" to keep up. Marty Crandell their keyboardist had a well documented dual arrest with his semi celeb GF on a road trip, that might have been his final straw. For me they took a huge nosedive in quality releases post Chutes Too Narrow when he cut his New Mexico crew loose.

Nah, from what I've read and some people in the know personally he slowly started firing them impersonally because he thought they weren't "good enough" to keep up. Marty Crandell their keyboardist had a well documented dual arrest with his semi celeb GF on a road trip, that might have been his final straw. For me they took a huge nosedive in quality releases post Chutes Too Narrow when he cut his New Mexico crew loose.

Fair enough. My memory is from 2007-ish and fuzzy. I lived in Seattle at the time, though, and I remember there being some sort of scuttlebutt.

I believe Dave Hernandez still plays on the albums. He is just no longer in the touring band. I dont know about the rest if the people.

THIS

Madvillain - Madvillainy (2020 Deluxe Sire Edition)
Available here as well:

And their description gives a bit more insight about the release:
Limited "Sire Edition" edition vinyl of MF Doom & Madlib's 2004 classic, created exclusively for Stones Throw, Concerto Recordstore (Amsterdam), and Rough Trade (London, NYC).

So all you US fellows should be able to buy a copy directly from Stones Throw or Rough Trade NYC. ;)

Additionally, Platomania is getting 400 copies and we still don't know if Rough Trade UK is getting 1000 copies or if it's 1000 copies in total...
But I highly doubt that Platomania is getting 40% of the copies - so there'll probably be a lot more than 1k presses.

The Crow: City of Angels is also an amazing soundtrack that could use a vinyl pressing. I bought the cd back in the day just for the Toadies song that was on that.
i got the soundtrack for x-mas '96 love that soundtrack i would go as far as to say i like more of the songs from it than the og flim soundtrack tho i know that's a unpopular opinion, the og film soundtrack is also a classic.

Back