Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 24 - June 2021 // Calliope Musicals - Color/Sweat

yay for album....but wait...we shouldn't buy it yet?
I will be back with a confirmation in a few hours! I think it might be safe to go for our US peeps but I'm coordinating with Calliope to make sure I can cover international shipping and keep it in the range. I want everyone who can participate this month to grab it directly from the band :)

I will be back with a confirmation in a few hours! I think it might be safe to go for our US peeps but I'm coordinating with Calliope to make sure I can cover international shipping and keep it in the range. I want everyone who can participate this month to grab it directly from the band :)
ooh..there's a bundle

I dont know why I always thought your username was a reference to blowflygirl until just now when I realized it might actually be part of your real name
lolhi I'm B Fly.

unless you are @Corycm- then you can call me biffly.

okay, next clue!
giphy.gif

okay! so they were able to get the checkout process updated for our group. we’re gonna cover the cost difference for our international friends-

let me know if shipping doesn’t look reduced. @Indymisanthrope- I will send you the record if you want to message me your address! if there is anyone else that is interested in the record but finds the cost tricky at this moment, please shoot me a message. no questions asked- I want to share some of my heart with y’all and this band is a big part of it!

I’m dealing with nephew drama right now, so I’ll be back in one of my seconds soon

okay! so they were able to get the checkout process updated for our group. we’re gonna cover the cost difference for our international friends-

let me know if shipping doesn’t look reduced. @Indymisanthrope- I will send you the record if you want to message me your address! if there is anyone else that is interested in the record but finds the cost tricky at this moment, please shoot me a message. no questions asked- I want to share some of my heart with y’all and this band is a big part of it!

I’m dealing with nephew drama right now, so I’ll be back in one of my seconds soon
ordered! :D

Ordered!

The bundle looks like a splendid deal. Intl shipping is 5$ . I hope those guys don't loose money on that. Let us know, cause my local Mailorder also has colour/sweat for a decent price . I prefer to get it directly from the band but only if the band profits from that

the band is taken care of 🖤 $5 shipping for everyone.

Not a big deal, but mine didn't get reduced when I ordered. No worries about the money, but letting you know in case there is something with the system (or most likely, something I did wrong).

Not a big deal, but mine didn't get reduced when I ordered. No worries about the money, but letting you know in case there is something with the system (or most likely, something I did wrong).
oh no! hmm is anyone else seeing standard shipping- especially others outside of the US? she might have to futz with the site settings some more if so.

Sooo

Don't buy off bandcamp?
you can buy it from there or anywhere if that is more comfortable for you to use!

if it comes from the bands site, they get a greater %( and they are known for sometimes sneaking in a little of their magic into packages.) do what is best for you though, dukey ☺️

oh no! hmm is anyone else seeing standard shipping- especially others outside of the US? she might have to futz with the site settings some more if so.

you can buy it from there or anywhere if that is more comfortable for you to use!

if it comes from the bands site, they get a greater %( and they are known for sometimes sneaking in a little of their magic into packages.) do what is best for you though, dukey ☺️

It was showing as $5 shipping to me through Apple Pay when I checked. Going to order at the end of the month.

A “little of their magic in the package” isn’t going to have me importing @boojy friendly substances is it 😂

Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 24 - June 2021 // Calliope Musicals - Color/Sweat

with the way the world has been spinning akilter, I originally wanted to choose something that reflected the incongruent and weird disorientation I’ve been experiencing- but then I’d change my mind and decide I wanted something cheerful to counteract, something that felt like home.

I realized I knew an album that would replete both desires. Calliope's 2019 album is both a sonic triiiip and the soundtrack to my life right before everything recalibrated.

-

Calliope Musicals are weird, sexy, loud, soft- they are drifting pop, party rock, and psychedelic sonic cacophony. they come from Texas by way of the moon, and I’m fortunate to call them my friends! this album feels like sweaty art house basement shows and afternoon swims in the Milky Way, and that dichotomy makes it the perfect choice for both our current shitshow and also for the world I wish that was, one where we are all living as our authentic selves and loving all our neighbors just the same.

Carrie, the vibrational force at the front of the stage, inspires me daily with her art, fierce love, and incredible work in the community, (check out what she has been up to with Jazz Mills, Caroline Rose, and Jade Skye since the start of the pandemic.) Calliope are joy expressed- eccentric and forever sincere. they live as they perform! bona fide.

-

I hope one day you can catch them live. I've been fortunate to grow up in front of a stage, and still have never seen a show like theirs before.

I think sharing of music is sharing of heart, and, as I have said, these people are dear to mine.
hope y'all find a little of your own shine in Color/Sweat.

BUY: Calliope Musicals shop
A TASTE OF THE LIVE SHOW: joyous explosion
WATCH THEIR NEWEST SHIT: a music video!?
BECOME A LUNCH MONITOR WITH ME IF YA CAN: Free Lunch ATX
WHEN I MET THEM: unplugged backstage

words from people that talk about this stuff for a living-

"...someone passed out signs reading ENJOY as the whole room joined in the Calliope Musicals mantra: "I dreamed this dream would never end." Magical. I now have a protective cone of beautiful vibes around me and will float through the rest of this fest." - Ann Powers

"the Austin band presents a rich and swirling example of modern space-rock done right." - Bob Boilen

"They’re like a bunch of kids who got really good at their instruments instead of growing up." - James Parker

Last edited:
Back