Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 24 - June 2021 // Calliope Musicals - Color/Sweat

Texas sage (a shrub, not actual sage) is the barometer bush- it blooms brilliantly and quickly everytime we get a thunderstorm in the summer. the smell is kinda sweet and herbaceous, and that combined with the rain smell is high on my list.

s-l1600_a765d4e0-bace-4e21-bffc-3bb4302226e4_1200x1200.jpg

this week's nails are dark olive green with gold flakes. this is all ya get cause it's near impossible to capture the dimension with indoor lighting, and I'm too lazy to make another gif right now.
FullSizeRender.jpg

^ that's a vintage late 2000s meme taken out of hibernation for y'all to enjoy. I am truly lost tho.
Come on over and sit next to me and @girlnevergoesout . I made popcorn.

MEEP!!!
talk to me about your favorite summer smell or I'm gonna end up posting more nail polish updates.
The chlorine smell of the pool, the air right before it rains, and the smell of a charcoal grill....
Right now, I'm enjoying the fragrance of our gardenia bush.
Also, I am living vicariously through you, so I enjoy the nail polish update.

apparently some hand-holding for a few is necessary, you can just pretend that clue spells out:

the artist cannot have passed away or stopped performing prior to 2009.
the artist must have performed in the United States at least once before, and at a music festival.
the artist must be able to be cross-referenced with at least one of the festivals listed.

each clue will slightly narrow the field, I don't really plan to have you guess it within the first week unless you are magical. if that's shitty, then désolé. gonna put myself back in timeout.
giphy.gif

I love Americans using French words (except baguette and croissants) 😘

It's ALLAH LAS : LAHS on Mexican Summer

Why?

First because most of the festivals are in Summer (hence a record label called Mexican Summer).

Second because most of these festival are in California or close to (remember I am in France so for me New-York, or even the Maine, is close to California) and guess where the band is from? You got it, California.

Third, Allah-Las sounds like a French band if you pronounce the name with a French accent, it is known that @bfly loves France and French people (like me) and French people (like me) love her.

Fourth, because if it not to be Bloc Party, let it be Allah Las.

That's it.

Texas sage (a shrub, not actual sage) is the barometer bush- it blooms brilliantly and quickly everytime we get a thunderstorm in the summer. the smell is kinda sweet and herbaceous, and that combined with the rain smell is high on my list.

s-l1600_a765d4e0-bace-4e21-bffc-3bb4302226e4_1200x1200.jpg

this week's nails are dark olive green with gold flakes. this is all ya get cause it's near impossible to capture the dimension with indoor lighting, and I'm too lazy to make another gif right now.
View attachment 99699
FIRE

Also, for the tax, favorite summer smell is An unexpected rain mixed with jasmine blooms.

Back