Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 15 - September 2020 /// 15-60-75 (The Numbers Band) 'Jimmy Bell's Still In Town' - Win A Prize Box!

Anyone who placed an order thru the band and hasn't heard anything back, please DM me the name attached to the order and I'll hit up Robert to see what's up.

Check your PayPal first to see if there's a tracking #. In most cases, they seem to populate there.

They did sell out of all available vinyl and the pandemic has delayed their replenishment to a December/January time frame. It's also delayed shipping in general. With that said, I know they're not holding folks' money til then and will gladly refund anyone who's not interested in waiting.

Robert is the 73 year old rock star. His wife, Janet, is inventory, receiving, billing, packing, shipping, and customer service.

We blew their minds a bit with the sudden explosion of orders. I can't thank everyone enough for supporting the band directly and really appreciate all of you experiencing delays for being so cool about it.

I haven't heard anything but I'm not particularly bothered - I'm sure they'll come through eventually. I'm still waiting for at least one thing I ordered in April so I can be patient...

Anyone who placed an order thru the band and hasn't heard anything back, please DM me the name attached to the order and I'll hit up Robert to see what's up.

Check your PayPal first to see if there's a tracking #. In most cases, they seem to populate there.

They did sell out of all available vinyl and the pandemic has delayed their replenishment to a December/January time frame. It's also delayed shipping in general. With that said, I know they're not holding folks' money til then and will gladly refund anyone who's not interested in waiting.

Robert is the 73 year old rock star. His wife, Janet, is inventory, receiving, billing, packing, shipping, and customer service.

We blew their minds a bit with the sudden explosion of orders. I can't thank everyone enough for supporting the band directly and really appreciate all of you experiencing delays for being so cool about it.
I haven't gotten tracking or anything, but if they're pressing more in December I'm not too concerned about waiting.

Let Robert know that if they do an event with The Summit in the future I'll be bugging him for an autograph. :)

God, USPS must be the worst post in the world. This isn’t the first time a package has been sent to the destination Counrty on,y to be flown back out again. 🤦 it’s back and forth through Illinois must have been fun also.

one day it will be mine, 🤞

October 7, 2020, 4:06 pm
Departed
DUBLIN, IRELAND
Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on October 7, 2020 at 4:06 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

October 7, 2020, 12:12 pm
Departed
LISBON, PORTUGAL

October 4, 2020, 6:05 pm
Departed
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES

October 3, 2020, 4:24 pm
Arrived
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES

September 26, 2020, 8:13 am
Processed Through Regional Facility
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

September 25, 2020, 11:07 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility

Arrived at Regional Facility

September 23, 2020, 1:30 am
Departed USPS Facility
AURORA, IL 60502

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

September 22, 2020, 1:39 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
AURORA, IL 60502

September 22, 2020, 6:28 am
CLEVELAND OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER

September 22, 2020, 2:00 am

September 22, 2020, 12:45 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
TALLMADGE, OH 44278

September 19, 2020, 11:47 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
TALLMADGE, OH 44278

God, USPS must be the worst post in the world. This isn’t the first time a package has been sent to the destination Counrty on,y to be flown back out again. 🤦 it’s back and forth through Illinois must have been fun also.

Departed
DUBLIN, IRELAND
Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on October 7, 2020 at 4:06 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Departed
LISBON, PORTUGAL

Departed
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES

Arrived
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES

Departed USPS Facility
AURORA, IL 60502

Arrived at USPS Facility
AURORA, IL 60502

TALLMADGE, OH 44278

TALLMADGE, OH 44278
mine had the same tracking as yours and has arrived this morning.
I'm sure you'll have yours shortly!

and yes, I'm another N&G AoTM satisfied customer!
thanks @Yer Ol' Uncle D for your selection!

Anyone who sent me a DM, I've inquired on your behalf and will DM back when I have info.

I haven't gotten tracking or anything, but if they're pressing more in December I'm not too concerned about waiting.

Let Robert know that if they do an event with The Summit in the future I'll be bugging him for an autograph. :)

He won't mind.

As a thanks for stirring up attention for the record, Robert sent me a signed, sealed, OG 1976 copy of Jimmy Bell's Still In Town.

It went straight on the wall...

20201013_024231.jpg

The first time I talked to Robert on the phone, one of the main things he was interested in was how a rural NC country boy got turned on to this record that pretty much didn't crack Ohio.

I told him my story - as a freshman at UNC in 1980, I heard this record coming from a dorm room on my hall. I asked the guy what he was playing. He was from Ohio and told me they were a local band that was really popular back there. He had a cassette, and he made me a copy of it. That was my fix until the album got a repress in 2013. This is one of those records that never lost it's lustre for me. It never left me, I never left it. And here we are 40 years later.

The moral to the story - you never know when you might turn someone on to something that will impact them for the rest of their life and vice versa.

Music, simply, is just the best.

Last edited:
I'm way late to this, and meant to order the record last month but finances were tight for a minute. @Yer Ol' Uncle D is he still taking orders, or not until everything gets stocked up again?
You can either order now and they'll ship it to you when available (December /January time frame is what Robert's being told by the pressing plant) or you could wait till it's in stock and order then. Robert said he'd give me a heads up when they're back in house.

You can either order now and they'll ship it to you when available (December /January time frame is what Robert's being told by the pressing plant) or you could wait till it's in stock and order then. Robert said he'd give me a heads up when they're back in house.
I’ll hold off. Give me a heads up when they’re back in stock!

Update: still waiting... It went back to the US and is now heading back over the water. 🙁🤣

Departed
DUBLIN, IRELAND

Departed
LISBON, PORTUGAL

Departed
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES

Arrived
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES

Departed USPS Facility
AURORA, IL 60502

Arrived at USPS Facility
AURORA, IL 60502

TALLMADGE, OH 44278

TALLMADGE, OH 44278
i literally have been sending a package from North Georgia to Baltimore... its LITERALLY just going from I85 and I95.. one highway (i know its possible to get there since i once drove all the way to washington for my grandpas memorial for serving in the army)

WHY IS MY PACKAGE IN FUCKING TEXAS

i literally have been sending a package from North Georgia to Baltimore... its LITERALLY just going from I85 and I95.. one highway (i know its possible to get there since i once drove all the way to washington for my grandpas memorial for serving in the army)

WHY IS MY PACKAGE IN FUCKING TEXAS

Because Trump has dismantled and paralyzed the US Postal Service to insure he wins or can cry voter fraud if he loses.

It is pretty dramatic how much the USPS has suffered in such a short period of time. I made a point to physically drop off my mail-in ballot at my local registrar's office rather than risk it going through the mail.
We got our ballots and then the rhetoric got worse, so my wife and I actually went and voted last weekend, because I need this fucker to go and will not give him any excuses to not count my ballot.

We got our ballots and then the rhetoric got worse, so my wife and I actually went and voted last weekend, because I need this fucker to go and will not give him any excuses to not count my ballot.

I hear that. And you're in a swing state with a competitive Senate race too, so your voting will help downballot as well.

I hear that. And you're in a swing state with a competitive Senate race too, so your voting will help downballot as well.
Probably the most attention I’ve ever paid to the downballot before. I made an informed decision on the Supervisor for Soil and Water. I’m not sure I knew I had voted for that in the past.

Back