Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 15 - September 2020 /// 15-60-75 (The Numbers Band) 'Jimmy Bell's Still In Town' - Win A Prize Box!

Late to the party, but a great first new album for the collection in 2022!

I'd only previewed a little bit before jumping in the PIF pool to save a proper listen until receiving my copy - this shit absolutely rips! Not that I doubled that for a second. Nice to go back and reread the thread as well. Great stuff!

Also, the album's title always reminded me of a song off a Mike Doughty album, and it turns out that's because Mike Doughty is covering 15-60-75 on the album I was familiar with! This album is going to get a LOT of play around here.

Thanks again, D!

Late to the party, but a great first new album for the collection in 2022!

I'd only previewed a little bit before jumping in the PIF pool to save a proper listen until receiving my copy - this shit absolutely rips! Not that I doubled that for a second. Nice to go back and reread the thread as well. Great stuff!

Also, the album's title always reminded me of a song off a Mike Doughty album, and it turns out that's because Mike Doughty is covering 15-60-75 on the album I was familiar with! This album is going to get a LOT of play around here.

Thanks again, D!
And 15-60-75 is actually throwing a jazz/psych treatment to the original by blues artist William Carradine who performed under the name Cat-Iron.

A few months ago, Robert Kidney sent me a text that he'd run across something cool - his original copy of Cat-Iron he bought when he was 17 years old. Attached was this pic...

20220104_225405.jpg

And 15-60-75 is actually throwing a jazz/psych treatment to the original by blues artist William Carradine who performed under the name Cat-Iron.

A few months ago, Robert Kidney sent me a text that he'd run across something cool - his original copy of Cat-Iron he bought when he was 17 years old. Attached was this pic...

View attachment 123787

D - I don’t think I ever gave your ROTM a fair listen. I’m listening to it tonight!

Did Aerosmith ever travel to a tiny basement club to see 15-60-75? Of course they did.

Steven Tyler's advice to Bob Kidney - "Your music is too complicated. Everyone should play the same thing at the same time."

A fun read...

The Kent State University Store has a Legends Of Kent t-shirt section and there's a badass 15-60-75 tee available.

You can get black or grey and all proceeds go to the band.

Wear your cutting edge, esoteric taste on your sleeve, er, body. Be the first one in your town, your county, your state, your country, rockin' your hipness to Bob Kidney and company...

20220417_031009.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure how I've missed this, but 15-60-75 has a sweet Patreon chock-full of exclusive live recordings, interviews, film etc...

There's one membership level and the minimum monthly commitment is $2.99.

$2.99! You've got that between your couch cushions.

Devo's Gerry Casale is a member and he has an interesting post about his days in the band.

Here's a link if you wanna...

Killed it tonight!

View attachment 157907View attachment 157908View attachment 157909View attachment 157910View attachment 157911View attachment 157912

@Yer Ol' Uncle D - Told Bob that you said hi. "He's from that Grooves site, right? 🤣

Got my record signed by the Kidney brothers. Terry Hynde was just getting over the flu and politely declined. I'll catch him next time.

I'll let folks know when the radio session is going to air.

Great pics. Bob is such a dapper dresser.

A reminder of the 15-60-75 Patreon.

This thing has a minimum commitment of $2.99 a month and you're getting 2 or 3 live shows from the archives every month. It's a steal!

Get on in there, folks!

Bob and Jack Kidney are performing as "The Kidney Brothers" at tonight's 330 Day, a celebration of Akron artists. 23 artists in total on the bill.

I have tickets, but the little one just came down with a fever so not sure I'll be able to attend anymore.

330-Day-2023-Full-splash-Graphic.jpg

Another plug for the incredibly cheap and ridiculously rewarding 15-60-75 Patreon. A crummy $2.99 (minimum) a month gets you at least two uploads from the archive a month.

This archival material is sweet. Here's a song from a recently shared Robert Kidney solo studio session from 1970 that channels everything delta blues...

Don't miss out folks. Get on board here...

Last edited:
Jesus - that was just beautiful. Bob's voice. Jack's harp. Both sublime.
You could tell at the beginning that a lot in the crowd didn't know what they were about to hear but by a few minutes in you could hear a pin drop and I'll bet there were still 1200 people in the theater at the time.

What I think I liked the most is how well they used the space in the song. Not the physical space, but the space between the notes, the quiet, to highlight the emotions of the song. Really such a testament to Bob's songwriting talents. I had a hunch that this was gonna be special. I'm usually not a concert phone recorder. Glad I did.

Back