Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 15 - September 2020 /// 15-60-75 (The Numbers Band) 'Jimmy Bell's Still In Town' - Win A Prize Box!

Got a call from Bob Kidney today. He will have the repress of Jimmy Bell's Still In Town in hand this week.

He told me existing orders will ship out after Christmas. For all you folks that placed orders after stock ran out but let them ride, thanks again for your patience and your commitment to purchase directly from the artist. Buying from the band was an important angle for me in this thing and I can't thank all of you enough for supporting that.

I know there were a few people waiting for a restock to order. You've all got the green light. I need to backtrack and see who was in a holding pattern. I remember @sarcasticfairyprincess was waiting. Will check on others and make sure you know it's available again.

So - folks that did get it the first round - y'all dig?

Got a call from Bob Kidney today. He will have the repress of Jimmy Bell's Still In Town in hand this week.

He told me existing orders will ship out after Christmas. For all you folks that placed orders after stock ran out but let them ride, thanks again for your patience and your commitment to purchase directly from the artist. Buying from the band was an important angle for me in this thing and I can't thank all of you enough for supporting that.

I know there were a few people waiting for a restock to order. You've all got the green light. I need to backtrack and see who was in a holding pattern. I remember @sarcasticfairyprincess was waiting. Will check on others and make sure you know it's available again.

Yes sir felt like an important missing record in my psychedelic rock education. The horns are nuts.

Do you know about how many copies N&G people ended up buying directly from him? While it might still be a good while before my name is picked, having a rough idea about how many albums we end up buying from any given ROTM thread could narrow my decision on how small a release I would consider for my month.

Do you know about how many copies N&G people ended up buying directly from him? While it might still be a good while before my name is picked, having a rough idea about how many albums we end up buying from any given ROTM thread could narrow my decision on how small a release I would consider for my month.
It'll vary by choice.

Best I can tell, my pick moved 40 or so units. Of course, I'm a weirdo and tend to pick stuff that's more out there, so that needs to be factored in. My choice was basically a direct to artist pick and wiped them out of product based on the timing. A more mainstream pick that actually has a label backing them will probably move more.

If anyone missed it, you really missed it. It was fun. Catch up...

Was this one on purple + silver vinyl? Trying to differentiate this listing vs. what I have (black/blue) 15-60-75 - Jimmy Bell's Still In Town

Looks like @Djxfactor511 submitted it and may be able to confirm.
My purple looked black until you held up to a light. The silver was definitely silver.

The other listing (not the one I created) appears to be for both of the other pressings and should actually be split out since there were different colors)

16107552503786506494708649565244.jpg16107552666111779144299846887316.jpg

My purple looked black until you held up to a light. The silver was definitely silver.

The other listing (not the one I created) appears to be for both of the other pressings and should actually be split out since there were different colors)

View attachment 83996View attachment 83997
Sweet, thanks for confirming. I agree that those need to be split out. Will have to put that on my to-do list.

Back