Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 15 - September 2020 /// 15-60-75 (The Numbers Band) 'Jimmy Bell's Still In Town' - Win A Prize Box!

Mines just rocked up too. It's cost them about $13 dollars more to ship than they charged me. I'm tempted to try to make them take the difference
Did they just charge you $25? They did to me and I sent them an extra $10.

Sadly, my own record seems to have gone from Ohio to Chicago and now back to Ohio in the past month. The post seems to have stopped working for me since Xmas.

Did they just charge you $25? They did to me and I sent them an extra $10.

Sadly, my own record seems to have gone from Ohio to Chicago and now back to Ohio in the past month. The post seems to have stopped working for me since Xmas.
They charged me $10 but the shipping cost on the label was $23. I normally don't feel guilty about this sort of thing but for some reason do this time

Sweet, thanks for confirming. I agree that those need to be split out. Will have to put that on my to-do list.

Talked to Bob today. Here are the two main differences in this pressing from the last, both at his request -

• The two essays were moved from a glued insert in the gatefold to being printed on the inner sleeves "Where they belong", as Bob said.
  • Drake Gleason was added to the dedication in the lower center of the back cover. He passed away since the last pressing in 2013 and Bob wanted to show his respect.

The print run on this pressing is 500. There also seems to be some variance in vinyl color but Bob wasn't aware of any systematic plan involving colors. I saw where some folks had a dark purple (almost black to the naked eye) LP 1 and a silver LP 2. The copy I received has a translucent bright blue LP 1 and a pale blue LP2 with dark blue and grey swirls.

Collect 'em all. Even though I'm not quite sure what "all" is.

Last edited:
Talked to Bob today. Here are the two main differences in this pressing from the last, both at his request -

• The two essays were moved from a glued insert in the gatefold to being printed on the inner sleeves "Where they belong", as Bob said.
  • Drake Gleason was added to the dedication in the lower center of the back cover. He passed away since the last pressing in 2013 and Bob wanted to show his respect.

The print run on this pressing is 500. There also seems to be some variance in vinyl color but Bob wasn't aware of any systematic plan involving colors. I saw where some folks had a dark purple (almost black to the naked eye) LP 1 and a silver LP 2. The copy I received has a translucent bright blue LP 1 and a pale blue LP2 with dark blue and grey swirls.

Collect 'em all. Even though I'm not quite sure what "all" is.
again, thanks for this pick and the intersesting info, It´s been very pleasant dealing with them. It took ages to get this repressesd and sent out, but all very understandably in the current situation.. and all very transparent. So i´m really glasd i have this record in my collection now

Seeing the legends tonight at a little club in Akron. The way the club is built, we have zero view of the stage, but there IS a tv showing the stage. 🤣🤣

Robert Kidney's having a hard time walking these days by the looks of it. Has a cane and sat during soundcheck. Many props to him for Still going strong - they've had a number of dates recently but haven't had the open night to see them. Can't wait!

Seeing the legends tonight at a little club in Akron. The way the club is built, we have zero view of the stage, but there IS a tv showing the stage. 🤣🤣

Robert Kidney's having a hard time walking these days by the looks of it. Has a cane and sat during soundcheck. Many props to him for Still going strong - they've had a number of dates recently but haven't had the open night to see them. Can't wait!

Right on!

So much envy. Tell Bob Brian from NC sent you.

How was the show?
First set was more traditional blues, slow and paced to the dinner crowd - the venue was basically a supper club at that hour. Second set was faster blues and more experimental pieces incorporating sax and clarinet. Third set was a little mix of both, with the room having mostly cleared by that point. We were busy for most of the third being polite as an older couple next to us wanted to talk about their dogs for a half hour 🤣. 2nd set was definitely the highlight. There were flashes of the raw energy from the record throughout the night and I was waiting for that next gear. Honestly looking forward to seeing them again at a different venue because I think they catered to the place and never achieved full liftoff. It was also apparently a cd release party but I didn't see any for sale anywhere.. But all in all very much enjoyed and 8-12 is a helluva show for them!

First set was more traditional blues, slow and paced to the dinner crowd - the venue was basically a supper club at that hour. Second set was faster blues and more experimental pieces incorporating sax and clarinet. Third set was a little mix of both, with the room having mostly cleared by that point. We were busy for most of the third being polite as an older couple next to us wanted to talk about their dogs for a half hour 🤣. 2nd set was definitely the highlight. There were flashes of the raw energy from the record throughout the night and I was waiting for that next gear. Honestly looking forward to seeing them again at a different venue because I think they catered to the place and never achieved full liftoff. It was also apparently a cd release party but I didn't see any for sale anywhere.. But all in all very much enjoyed and 8-12 is a helluva show for them!

Definitely sounds like they geared down a bit for the venue.

The CD they released last year, Endure, is really good. For this record Bob said they went into the studio, set up and played. No monitors, no overdubs. It sounds lively and spontaneous.

Here's the first song off Endure. A syncopated blues for the first three minutes that erupts into a squall of feedback and noise for a couple minutes and then reels it back in. There's something intensely satisfying about hearing a 73 year old man wail about going to jail...

Last edited:
Definitely sounds like they geared down a bit for the venue.

The CD they released last year, Endure, is really good. For this record Bob said they went into the studio, set up and played. No monitors, no overdubs. It sounds lively and spontaneous.

Here's the first song off Endure. A syncopated blues for the first three minutes that erupts into a squall of feedback and noise for a couple minutes and then reels it back in. There's something intensely satisfying about hearing a 73 year old man wail about going to jail...

They played that one! - highlighted by my wife's wide-eyed glances to me as he yelled "I'm goin the FUCK to jail!"

One of the glimpses of that energy for sure!

Back