Needles & Grooves AoTM : General thread & archive

Office Max, Office Depot???? If all else fails let me know and I'll take care of it for you and send it ;)
i have an office depot nearby

so just tell them to put these (on like a 4 gig flash drive or something) in a 12 inch paper height, not even have to cut them

i have an office depot nearby

so just tell them to put these (on like a 4 gig flash drive or something) in a 12 inch paper height, not even have to cut them
Download them from the forum and save them to a flash drive, take the flash drive to Office Depot and let them know the images are 12" in height, you can probably choose the paper you want them on too. They might be able to squeeze more than one on an 11x17 sheet, legal is too short. But I'm sure they'll be able to hook you up..........ask the cost ahead of time ;)

Download them from the forum and save them to a flash drive, take the flash drive to Office Depot and let them know the images are 12" in height, you can probably choose the paper you want them on too. They might be able to squeeze more than one on an 11x17 sheet, legal is too short. But I'm sure they'll be able to hook you up..........ask the cost ahead of time ;)
ok, can do.. the one thing that sucks though it that it will cost me probably the same amount of money to do one obi once a month

Okay folks, fresh Obi's. Get them while they are hot! Tell your friends.

I've never had to make anything that was going to be printed out before, so any issues with quality/sizing let me know by @ing me. I made these so they are 12" high and should have enough of a spine to get around a gatefold sleeve comfortably.
Holy crap these are amazing!!!! AND! Anyone that prints off vol 3 will now have Bob. in their homes!

Okay folks, fresh Obi's. Get them while they are hot! Tell your friends.

I've never had to make anything that was going to be printed out before, so any issues with quality/sizing let me know by @ing me. I made these so they are 12" high and should have enough of a spine to get around a gatefold sleeve comfortably.
This is amazing! This would’ve put a massive smile on everyone’s face! 😃

Also, is anyone else pissing themselves at @Goatfish Obi, because it has a picture of his avatar (a goat) and just his name underneath (Goatfish). LMAOOO at that picture of the goat 😂😂😂

This is amazing! This would’ve put a massive smile on everyone’s face! 😃

Also, is anyone else pissing themselves at @Goatfish Obi, because it has a picture of his avatar (a goat) and just his name underneath (Goatfish). LMAOOO at that picture of the goat 😂😂😂
I just love them! SO MUCH.

The goat is delightful.

I just love them! SO MUCH.

The goat is delightful.

Speaking of goats, this little dude 🐐and his baby goat buddy was at my next door neighbors’ house today for a kids birthday party!

qA98950.jpg

I generally take the availability rule as: "You are about to ask 30 to 50 people to buy a record. Make sure there are enough copies available for folks to buy it and for it not to be an expensive pain in the ass for most of them to do it." I think the runners want to make sure this is like a book club for anybody to participate if they want to and not a scavenger hunt. Whether or not ebay satisfies that, I have no idea. So....I'm not very helpful and will now shut up and wait for the Great Mods to weigh in :D

I generally take the availability rule as: "You are about to ask 30 to 50 people to buy a record. Make sure there are enough copies available for folks to buy it and for it not to be an expensive pain in the ass for most of them to do it." I think the runners want to make sure this is like a book club for anybody to participate if they want to and not a scavenger hunt. Whether or not ebay satisfies that, I have no idea. So....I'm not very helpful and will now shut up and wait for the Great Mods to weigh in :D
I'm almost about to throw in the towel and just pick a different album at this point. It doesn't seem like it will be super readily available, and will feel more like a scavenger hunt as you mention.

I'm almost about to throw in the towel and just pick a different album at this point. It doesn't seem like it will be super readily available, and will feel more like a scavenger hunt as you mention.
If you throw in the towel on it (because I'm almost certain eBay isn't an option really since it often should be able to be obtained new and reasonably priced)... Tell us what it is, it would be fun

If you throw in the towel on it (because I'm almost certain eBay isn't an option really since it often should be able to be obtained new and reasonably priced)... Tell us what it is, it would be fun
my problem is if I tell you, it might still spoil the surprise because I just might do a different album by the same artist

yeah, I might just do this. My main issue boils down to: I like the other album that's more readily available that I'm thinking of doing, I just personally think the album that isn't readily available is a more enjoyable one.

Don’t stress for now, keep it as an option. You never know it could be repressed by the time you’re picked!

I’d add an extra caveat that you’re asking 30-50 people worldwide to buy a record. Picking something that’s readily available cheaply over there but costs a bomb here, or visa versa, is not cool!

Don’t stress for now, keep it as an option. You never know it could be repressed by the time you’re picked!
I kinda doubt it. There's already a ton of pressings of the album out there and it's been years since it came out. The thing is, is I found a site where it was available for purchase, FOR $34. THIS IS A SINGLE LP ALBUM HERE PEOPLE.

There's also quite a bit still available on UK websites, but shipping is brutal for my US peeps and brings the overall price for a single LP to $29. I'm not trying to drain people here

Back