Needles & Grooves AoTM : General thread & archive

Alright peeps a little looksy at the OBI, I didn't have enough time to poke around, but at "actual size/100%" the strip is a little short. Maybe someone has had a chance to try one out to confirm, I'll double check the settings tomorrow and see if I missed something.

View attachment 15348 View attachment 15349

That’s looking really good

View attachment 15396

So... the November picker is gonna be @ThePakoBuelna !

(Update of post 1 coming before the end of the week with link to obis and a little further clean up)

Oh boy! Hopefully I won't let you down!

it's Cafe TacVuba!
If it were easier or cheaper to get the albums on vinyl, I would definitely recommend something from them.

Although, I will. Go listen to Reves(it's almost completely instrumental) or Re if you would like a little bit of everything.

Hell yeah, two Mexicans in a row! I'm looking forward to running your guess thread @ThePakoBuelna

Si señor!

I'll try to make a good selection! Looking forward to this, I already got two or three possible selections.

I'm looking forward to this! I've already read every post that agutierrezb has written and skimmed through lists like this!

Oh boy, my pick isn't on that list, but I strongly recommend the band chosen to represent my home state: Porter. Go listen to their sophomore "Atemahawk", which is their best album

My copy of the October ROTM arrived today. Sadly the jacket has a bent corner, but the vinyl itself is in perfect condition. I'll contact the seller and see what are my options, but I couldn't wait to listen to one of my favorite records of all time on vinyl
Pals, after the first spin I'm in tears in my living room. This album is so beautiful, and it sounds gorgeous on vinyl.
I hope you give it a try and enjoy it at least at some degree.

All this talk about the record being too expensive is making me second-think my pick. It is not insanely expensive, but it sure isn't cheap. I just hope enough people give the record I picked the oportunity and decide to spend a little more than average on a record they (probably) had never heard about :(

No, don't rethink your pick! My pick was available for really cheap, compared to most stuff out there now. So, the money people saved on my month can be put towards any extra for yours!!!!

Ok pals, the October Guess Thread is up and running:

Let the games begin!

First post updated with links to the obis, link to the current guess thread, etc.

@agutierrezb can you please update your thread title with the same kind of formatting as the previous ones ? Makes it easier to spot them in the list of threads. :)

Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// TBA

First post updated with links to the obis, link to the current guess thread, etc.

@agutierrezb can you please update your thread title with the same kind of formatting as the previous ones ? Makes it easier to spot them in the list of threads. :)

Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// TBA
Done!

Cool idea, I'm finally going to start hopping into these. Love whoever's been posting them on the instagram.
I'm glad you're joining us in our collective path of musical discovery!

Here's the guess thread for next month, where the forum is making their best to make sense of my nonsense and decipher my pick:

Pass by and say hi! Who knows, you may be the one to crack this.

Back