Needles & Grooves AoTM : General thread & archive

I kinda doubt it. There's already a ton of pressings of the album out there and it's been years since it came out. The thing is, is I found a site where it was available for purchase, FOR $34. THIS IS A SINGLE LP ALBUM HERE PEOPLE.

There's also quite a bit still available on UK websites, but shipping is brutal for my US peeps and brings the overall price for a single LP to $29. I'm not trying to drain people here

I don’t think $29 with postage is beyond the pale tbh. I think that there was an arbitrary guide of in or around €30/£30/$30 set.

Also, it could take 3 years for you to get picked, so much can happen in that time.

I suppose what I’m trying to say is don’t discount it. Of course have other options in play too but there is no need to rule it out until such a time as you’ve been picked and know it isn’t widely available at a fair price.

Last edited:
I don’t think $29 is beyond the pale tbh. I think that there was an arbitrary guide of in or around €30/£30/$30 set.
I saw the guide, but I don't know, that's still a LOT to me for 1LP. I thought the 30$ thing was for 2XLP albums

Also, I do have other artists and albums I'd like to do, I just feel like this would be my favorite option out of the ones in my list

Last edited:
I kinda doubt it. There's already a ton of pressings of the album out there and it's been years since it came out. The thing is, is I found a site where it was available for purchase, FOR $34. THIS IS A SINGLE LP ALBUM HERE PEOPLE.

There's also quite a bit still available on UK websites, but shipping is brutal for my US peeps and brings the overall price for a single LP to $29. I'm not trying to drain people here

Sadly $29 is pretty reasonable in the current situation. I mean people were paying about this much at VMP.

I saw the guide, but I don't know, that's still a LOT to me for 1LP. I thought the 30$ thing was for 2XLP albums

$29 is €26. That’s kinda normal here for a newish release, even a single lp one...

It’s only just on the steep side for a back catalogue unless it’s a nice pressing or special in some way.

This is why we have little sympathy when we hear you lot moaning about prices 😉

$29 is €26. That’s kinda normal here for a newish release, even a single lp one...

It’s only just on the steep side for a back catalogue unless it’s a nice pressing or special in some way.

This is why we have little sympathy when we hear you lot moaning about prices 😉
Well, luckily the website I'm looking at describes that the product page I viewed is a randomly picked variant of the album.

EDIT: I think this might potentially include the standard black pressing of the album which is no bueno

i already got my artist for ROTM all set up (the records are easily obtainable)... the real problem is im stuck between keeping with the trend of the more obscure albums by an artist that tbh i might like more... or the more easier and approachable album that people are more likely to own

i already got my artist for ROTM all set up (the records are easily obtainable)... the real problem is im stuck between keeping with the trend of the more obscure albums by an artist that tbh i might like more... or the more easier and approachable album that people are more likely to own

Pick the album you want to share and that you think is worthy of sharing! You’re taking us on your journey.

All this talk about the record being too expensive is making me second-think my pick. It is not insanely expensive, but it sure isn't cheap. I just hope enough people give the record I picked the oportunity and decide to spend a little more than average on a record they (probably) had never heard about :(

All this talk about the record being too expensive is making me second-think my pick. It is not insanely expensive, but it sure isn't cheap. I just hope enough people give the record I picked the oportunity and decide to spend a little more than average on a record they (probably) had never heard about :(
Well, how much is your record selling for on average?

I'm not telling you the exact amount, because I know y'all, and know you'll use it to guess the record lol.
But I'll tell you I purchased it for $17 a couple of weeks ago and has seen rised to the $27-$30 ballbark

That’s fine, providing it’s not absurdly priced for us old worlders, it’s under the guide.

Last edited:
Back