Needles & Grooves AoTM : General thread & archive

So? What is this big announcement? And don't tell us it's an Anthology!
Needles & Grooves literally Changing the game....

That’s your cue @Joe Mac
So I’m tempted, seeing as how well it’s all going to expand my month, when it arrives, and go for an autobiographical Anthology box set...

Disc 1: Album I was subjected to as a child
Disc 2: 10 year old Joe’s favourite album
Disc 3: britpop
Disc 4: Nu Metal
Disc 5: 00s indie
Disc 6: Modern Folk

Rest assured people, I won’t pick those “obvious” albums that you want in your collection. I will instead pick the obscure shit that wasn’t so much overlooked as ignored...

@Mather - get the crayons out, you’re hired as box designer
@Lee Newman you’re on booklet duty.

I’ll be conducting a web chat live from the armchair dept of Ikea Dublin, host tbc...

😜

N&G June: Mark de Clive-Lowe - Heritage Vol. 1
N&G July: Lou Reed - Blue Mask
N&G August: Khemmis - Hunted

VMP June Essentials: Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
VMP July Essentials: Jorge Ben - Africa Brasil
VMP August Essentials: Sleater-Kinney - The Center Won't Hold

I've listened to the N&G picks way more often. Good curation so far!

N&G June: Mark de Clive-Lowe - Heritage Vol. 1
N&G July: Lou Reed - Blue Mask
N&G August: Khemmis - Hunted

VMP June Essentials: Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
VMP July Essentials: Jorge Ben - Africa Brasil
VMP August Essentials: Sleater-Kinney - The Center Won't Hold

I've listened to the N&G picks way more often. Good curation so far!
Don’t own any of the VMP picks, so it feels unfair weighing in on the debate, but the picks here are far more engrossing.

Don’t own any of the VMP picks, so it feels unfair weighing in on the debate, but the picks here are far more engrossing.

More than the picks (which are great of course, especially the June AOTM), I enjoy the idea of someone sharing one of his favorite records with the community (and, with this, a bit of themselves). Other interesting point is that it helps to meet more members depending on the music genre, decade, etc... and that is really good. So again, thank you @Murfocakes, @Goatfish and now @Teeeee :love:

More than the picks (which are great of course, especially the June AOTM), I enjoy the idea of someone sharing one of his favorite records with the community (and, with this, a bit of themselves). Other interesting point is that it helps to meet more members depending on the music genre, decade, etc... and that is really good. So again, thank you @Murfocakes, @Goatfish and now @Teeeee :love:
Absolutely agreed, could not have said it better myself. It definitely makes the pick more personal.

And thank YOU for going first, setting the bar extremely high with your guess thread, an amazing write up and a fantastic first pick (seriously, how effing cool is it that our little "club" had Mark dCL as the first pick).

And thank @Captainfog and @Skalap and anyone else that played a part in the AMA with Mark!

Also, announcement time !

Staff is working with @Alexander for the final design of the Obis and it's gonna drop soon ! We'll do one for each past AotM, and we'll archive them in the first post of this thread. You've all seen the first draft of them, it's gonna be awesome.

Also N&G Staff will also make another announcement regarding the AotM soon, and it's a great idea from our friends there. I'll let them announce it as soon as it's finalised.

Okey, well, it was more TEASING time, I guess. ;)

So any more on this? I’ve only been patient because I forgot...

Okay folks, fresh Obi's. Get them while they are hot! Tell your friends.

ObiVol0.png
ObiVol1.png
ObiVol2.png
ObiVol3.png

I've never had to make anything that was going to be printed out before, so any issues with quality/sizing let me know by @ing me. I made these so they are 12" high and should have enough of a spine to get around a gatefold sleeve comfortably.

I've never had to make anything that was going to be printed out before, so any issues with quality/sizing let me know by @ing me. I made these so they are 12" high and should have enough of a spine to get around a gatefold sleeve comfortably.
Oh my, these are beautiful! I'll get some nice and thick paper to print them on this week

:love::love::love:

You should probably have @ChristoBee add them to the 1st post so there easy to find for members. Nice work :)

the only really flawed part about the OBIs are not with the the OBIs themselves but more the average print paper size, it wont be big enough to fill the whole record spine

Back