Needles & Grooves AoTM : General thread & archive

Are there not going to be any more OBI's?
I've been building up my collection of the N&G AoTM's and would like to line them all up together with OBI's... would be kinda sad if there were only four :(

I think it was felt they weren’t getting enough traction to keep making them but I’d love to see them for all the releases too...

Guys, I dun goofed. I thought the PSD file was on my laptop, btu as I've just sat down and discovered, it is in fact on my PC which is turned off and I won't have access to now for two weeks. I will get to it, I promise. Just not until I'm back off leave.

tenor.gif

Guys, I dun goofed. I thought the PSD file was on my laptop, btu as I've just sat down and discovered, it is in fact on my PC which is turned off and I won't have access to now for two weeks. I will get to it, I promise. Just not until I'm back off leave.

tenor.gif

Don't worry, thanks for your skills and work !

My coctail would probably be a little more.. ghostly

That's not a clue but more a theme thing...

Also when we have a year's worth of ROTMs do you think we'll be doing the rankings and survivor?

My coctail would probably be a little more.. ghostly

That's not a clue but more a theme thing...

Also when we have a year's worth of ROTMs do you think we'll be doing the rankings and survivor?
I've thought about the ranking/survivor thing with our AOTMs. And it does seem like a natural thing we would do. My only hesitation is that it could really get someone down if they chose an album and it was voted the 12th best of the year. You know? But I'm open to ideas about it.

I've thought about the ranking/survivor thing with our AOTMs. And it does seem like a natural thing we would do. My only hesitation is that it could really get someone down if they chose an album and it was voted the 12th best of the year. You know? But I'm open to ideas about it.
Yeah that would make sense, you'd have to ask if everyone if fine with be it

But also the statement that this is ALL personal opinion and there were no bad ROTMs

I’m gunna say I really don’t like the idea. I like the fact that we’re quite democratic and appreciative and encouraging and this seems to go against that completely. Just my opinion.

I personally would be fine with it as someone who has chosen an AOTM but I think the idea overall is just asking for someone's feelings to be hurt. All of the picks have had a lot of passion put into them and it would kinda suck if you end up being the person to put all of that passion into your pick only for it to be ranked last. I'm not wholeheartedly opposed but unless everyone who has chosen an AOTM consents to having their albums be rated in such a way and understands it's all in good fun, then I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

I’m gunna say I really don’t like the idea. I like the fact that we’re quite democratic and appreciative and encouraging and this seems to go against that completely. Just my opinion.
I only dip in and out of here, but I agree: it's one thing to rate 12 months of one company's curation. It's another to rate the one selection that 12 of your peers got to make against each other. I know that if I were one of the selectors I'd have already had enough anxiety about choosing a record in the first place; I'd rather dig a hole in the earth with my bare hands and burrow into it than experience being compared to everyone else for 'fun.'

I only dip in and out of here, but I agree: it's one thing to rate 12 months of one company's curation. It's another to rate the one selection that 12 of your peers got to make against each other. I know that if I were one of the selectors I'd have already had enough anxiety about choosing a record in the first place; I'd rather dig a hole in the earth with my bare hands and burrow into it than experience being compared to everyone else for 'fun.'
yeah i understand that

sorry if i seemed a bit offensive with that

I will be sure to try and make a drink recipe for my pick next month...just for you now....it will probably just be a beer or bourbon though;)
tbh i love the idea of custom cocktails for albums even though its pointless because i'll never drink them.. its just funny for someone to think about the music so stupidly deep they figure out what tastes match it

Back