Needles & Grooves AoTM : General thread & archive

tbh i love the idea of custom cocktails for albums even though its pointless because i'll never drink them.. its just funny for someone to think about the music so stupidly deep they figure out what tastes match it
The only appropriate drink to accompany Clarence Clarity's music is drinking one of those video game themed energy drinks and shoving a whole thing of Pop Rocks in your mouth all at the same time

The only appropriate drink to accompany Clarence Clarity's music is drinking one of those video game themed energy drinks and shoving a whole thing of Pop Rocks in your mouth all at the same time
i can think of a drink that can be a hint for ONE of the ROTMs i am thinking of but im very overthinking it (i have 2 choices... basically both are 2 of the different big personas i have here)

Last edited:
I don't mind the idea of ranking albums, even if mine ends up being #12, but I do agree it sorta goes against the very spirit of this club. However, I think a sort of discussion or recap on the first year of this club would be really dope. We could all say which was our favorite, the one that surprised us the most and so on.

I don't mind the idea of ranking albums, even if mine ends up being #12, but I do agree it sorta goes against the very spirit of this club. However, I think a sort of discussion or recap on the first year of this club would be really dope. We could all say which was our favorite, the one that surprised us the most and so on.
that sounds very nice.. almost like a year book "most likely to" thing

or an awards thing

I also vote no on the ranking, but yes to a yearly recap/refresh/review thread if people want to consolidate thoughts about everything to one home.

Yeah I totally agree, a review should be positive with us talking about what we love about the picks and what surprised us in a good way. The issue with the ranking, for me, is that it casts a negative connotation on the ones towards the bottom, even if thats not intended.

Yeah I totally agree, a review should be positive with us talking about what we love about the picks and what surprised us in a good way. The issue with the ranking, for me, is that it casts a negative connotation on the ones towards the bottom, even if thats not intended.
yup. and I think people can say how and why a pick might be something they don't return to as much, but a thoughtful explanation put forward in response to the one shared rings truer to this community than a standard points system.

ARDRjR9.gif

Back