It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Maybe it’s Mou, but Sissoko, Aurier, Dier and Sanchez, Lamela, and Lucas were all terrible today. There’s only so much the manager can do with those players.

Lol I see you're in the "it's them not him" phase of Mourinho being at your club. Just wait until he throws them all under the bus publically and blames Levy for not signing any players he wanted.

It’s the knob head one. I absolutely despise him.

Yep.

Lol I see you're in the "it's them not him" phase of Mourinho being at your club. Just wait until he throws them all under the bus publically and blames Levy for not signing any players he wanted.

Yep.
Whatever eventually ~happens~ needs to happen sooner than later because I don’t know if I can deal with any antics for the full “3 Year Mourinho Cycle”.

either Mou goes at the end of the season, or we bin half the squad and get players in that Mou wants.

Whatever eventually ~happens~ needs to happen sooner than later because I don’t know if I can deal with any antics for the full “3 Year Mourinho Cycle”.

either Mou goes at the end of the season, or we bin half the squad and get players in that Mou wants.

You want Mourinho out, getting those mercenaries off the wage bill is easier said than done!

I thought sacking Poch was dumb at the time, now it’s looking dumber by the minute.

Yeah what they say about Mourinho is accurate, he's a short term manager, he manages for himself, you have to give him what he wants and if he changes his mind about it you have to be ok. He puts himself first before anyone else and will drag your club through the mud in order to protect his own reputation. He may bring some short term success, or signs of an improvement in season 2 but will leave you in worse off than you were by season 3.

We were told "this time will be different" when he joined United but it's just the same and I think his strategies and management style are outdated so it's even worse.

Anyway it's great entertainment for everyone else. Hoping we sign Kane by the end of this.

Bore-inho...
zero shots on target against soon-to-be relegated, 18th place Bournemouth who have been shipping goals away for fun. I just don't even know. It's Mourinho, it's the players. Some really, really, really, poor performances. There's no confidence, no one wants to try anything and when they finally do it's too late or lose possession. Ndombele finally makes an appearance and had some small moments of brilliance but it's not enough. Kane looks knackered, Son looks lost. Sissoko is back to his pre-2018/19 self, Lamela is garbage in possession, he gets into golden spaces but doesn't pass. We give it to Aurier to cross and pray but his crosses are so shit. Jose's substitutions don't make any sense, Tanguy comes on, but take off Lo Celso and Bergwijn? I don't know anymore. Our defense and midfield are lower mid table PL quality right now. No way we're a top 6 side if we go into next season with the same players in our backline and midfield. No way.

Got a new pin for my Liverpool scarf. I add one anytime I get to see Liverpool in person along with a match scarf. Also have added one for each championship I’ve seen them win. Hope I can add more of each in the coming years. 7E538366-DA4F-4438-A499-47882992A5B1.jpeg

We’ve got a live one with young Mason Greenwood! Playing like this at 18! Hope he fulfils his potential and I am going to really enjoy watching him develop!

United and Chelsea are looking really good going into next season.

Both united and chelsea are a few players short of a challenge, unless city and Liverpool drop off quite a bit which they won’t. The summer‘s market and what can be done with COVID and a shorter space of time will really determine quite a bit!

AFCON being moved to 2021 really helped Liverpool as replacements/covers for Salah and Mane aren't needed at a time when FSG doesn't want to spend on transfers. That and Covid were why they went from being the favorites to signing Timo Werner to watching him hold up the Chelsea jersey. I think United could make a good run next year as Fernandez only gets better. City is going to need to buy some defenders because that's really where they've dropped off this season. It will be interesting to see if the UEFA ban holds and if that will affect bringing in talent. If the ban holds, that could allow Chelsea and United a considerable leg up if they want to spend. Chelsea will be more of a project but the returns look pretty good so far. I think United are sitting nicely in a position to slip into the top 3 next season.

Last edited:
AFCON being moved to 2021 really helped Liverpool as replacements/covers for Salah and Mane aren't needed at a time when FSG doesn't want to spend on transfers. That and Covid were why they went from being the favorites to signing Timo Werner to watching him hold up the Chelsea jersey. I think United could make a good run next year as Fernandez only gets better. City is going to need to buy some defenders because that's really where they've dropped off this season. It will be interesting to see if the UEFA ban holds and if that will affect bringing in talent. If the ban holds, that could allow Chelsea and United a considerable leg up if they want to spend. Chelsea will be more of a project but the returns look pretty good so far. I think United are sitting nicely in a position to slip into the top 3 next season.

Chelsea need a left back and 2 centre halves. We need a centre half, a third creative midfielder and a right winger. Without those neither side is bridging the gap, might play better football but can’t win the league and if you’re in it, it has to be to win it! City have missed company, as much as anything because it’s meant Fernandinho hasn’t been able to play in midfield, he’s had to drop back. Despite this they’ve still been head and shoulders above everyone bar Liverpool.

Chelsea need a left back and 2 centre halves. We need a centre half, a third creative midfielder and a right winger. Without those neither side is bridging the gap, might play better football but can’t win the league and if you’re in it, it has to be to win it! City have missed company, as much as anything because it’s meant Fernandinho hasn’t been able to play in midfield, he’s had to drop back. Despite this they’ve still been head and shoulders above everyone bar Liverpool.
You’re right, but I think Liverpool may hurt (literally) if one of their essential players picks up a long term injury. Kinda like how Laporte did this past season for City. Their starting XI is unbeatable but their depth is fairly weak. I saw Klopp mentioning that they weren’t going to buy a lot, if not any players this transfer window so I’m very interested to see what happens with their squad into next season. They’ve been very lucky that only Allison was out for stretches of the season and their defense is so solid that it hasn’t hurt them other than the CL.

The Liverpool plan seems to be to keep some of the young guys that we normally loan out next season which I'm all for. I know Klopp is high on Rhian Brewster who will be used more. He's also high on Harvey Elliott. They just had Neco Williams start against Brighton though he started to struggle as the match went on. Keita is stepping up which could solve a lot of midfield issues. Minamino will keep getting spells. There's still rumors about Thiago from Bayern though it seems a weird purchase given his age. The upside is we don't seem to have any defections upcoming minus possibly Gini Wijnaldum. The losses all seem depth related but it's mostly guys who can't stay healthy or haven't done much this season like Lallana and Shaqiri. I have faith that Michael Edwards will find some good budget purchases that can fill in. The extra substitutions in the remaining matches are really beneficial for checking our depth.

The Liverpool plan seems to be to keep some of the young guys that we normally loan out next season which I'm all for. I know Klopp is high on Rhian Brewster who will be used more. He's also high on Harvey Elliott. They just had Neco Williams start against Brighton though he started to struggle as the match went on. Keita is stepping up which could solve a lot of midfield issues. Minamino will keep getting spells. There's still rumors about Thiago from Bayern though it seems a weird purchase given his age. The upside is we don't seem to have any defections upcoming minus possibly Gini Wijnaldum. The losses all seem depth related but it's mostly guys who can't stay healthy or haven't done much this season like Lallana and Shaqiri. I have faith that Michael Edwards will find some good budget purchases that can fill in. The extra substitutions in the remaining matches are really beneficial for checking our depth.
Thiago is a weird one for sure, but yeah he’s 29? Doesn’t matter, he’s world class. Bayern are crazy to let him go tbh. He’d walk into ANY midfield in the world right now besides Bayern because Goretzka/Müller/Kimmich are just unreal right now.

Back