It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Woah woah woah! Calling a spurs fan an arsenal fan would be less insulting than calling me a woolyback....

Also, I know a Leeds fan who would hang you for saying that about me haha!
I very loosely follow Championship and other EFL so I know next to nothing about rivalries and whatnot. Basically only stuff I see on r/soccer. Apparently Leeds have been stuck in the Championship for like 15 years

I very loosely follow Championship and other EFL so I know next to nothing about rivalries and whatnot. Basically only stuff I see on r/soccer. Apparently Leeds have been stuck in the Championship for like 15 years

Some of that below (is it League one now; I’m old and will call it the third division for life). FWIW Leeds are a way bigger club that probably 15/16 prem clubs, one more league title than your team haha!

and this is their second year in existence right?
This is year 3. We did well the first year, won the MLS cup the second year, now we're here with a new coach and a handful of new players trying to make lighting strike again. I'm not mad with what I've seen so far. FDB has made our defense a lot more of a force, but our attack has suffered. Hoping it's just an adjustment, but I'm not disappointed with our season so far.

Arsenal fan here *sigh*. Might waltz into the champions league regardless of what happens the 29th anyways once City gets banned from Europe.

I mean say what you will about state washing and oil doping but banning city alone is a fucking disgrace, there’s so many clubs across Europe that are at it. It smacks more of jealousy over their current team...

And I say that as a United fan!

I mean say what you will about state washing and oil doping but banning city alone is a fucking disgrace, there’s so many clubs across Europe that are at it. It smacks more of jealousy over their current team...

And I say that as a United fan!

Oh I agree. UEFA is fucked up. Can't say I feel to bad for them though considering their ownership....

Crazy that it's an all English Champions League and Europa League finals and the best English team isn't even a part of it

Oh I agree. UEFA is fucked up. Can't say I feel to bad for them though considering their ownership....

Crazy that it's an all English Champions League and Europa League finals and the best English team isn't even a part of it

I feel very sorry for the fans. They’ve got a great team and they’re being punished because their owners can afford to invest money. I lived in Manchester and they supported their team through some pretty barren times too.

Also they’ve invested the money in exactly the right way investing in the local area, in world leading facilities and the best behind the scenes staff, their organisation is light years ahead of the rest of English football.

I don’t like where the money comes from but then 99 times out of 100 I don’t like where money comes from...

And I am saying all of this as a fan of the club they hate the most!

I feel very sorry for the fans. They’ve got a great team and they’re being punished because their owners can afford to invest money. I lived in Manchester and they supported their team through some pretty barren times too.

Also they’ve invested the money in exactly the right way investing in the local area, in world leading facilities and the best behind the scenes staff, their organisation is light years ahead of the rest of English football.

I don’t like where the money comes from but then 99 times out of 100 I don’t like where money comes from...

And I am saying all of this as a fan of the club they hate the most!

True true. Stan Kroenke is no gem himself especially in regard to investing in local communities and the organization.

I’m so mad that the hierarchy of our club decided a shitty PR stunt was worth affecting our Europa League final. No first team players should have been on that shitty excuse for a pitch just to play the worst team in MLS. Now we are without RLC AND Cho for half of next season. Ridiculous.

I’m so mad that the hierarchy of our club decided a shitty PR stunt was worth affecting our Europa League final. No first team players should have been on that shitty excuse for a pitch just to play the worst team in MLS. Now we are without RLC AND Cho for half of next season. Ridiculous.

You have a club hierarchy? Haven’t they been MIA since red Rom got denied his visa?

Back