It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Dodgy penalty ruined the game from the start. Liverpool sat back to play the counter, we tried to keep possession but much to casual and timid in the final third. Reminded me of the Super Bowl this year with how boring it was at times. Spurs started to play a little bit better at the end but still missing their shooting boots.

I dunno if starting Kane was the right choice but he wasn’t even the worst player on the pitch.

I’m more disappointed than upset, and such an anticlimactic win for Liverpool. Would have loved for it to go out with a bang even if we lost. Just a boring game.

Dodgy penalty ruined the game from the start. Liverpool sat back to play the counter, we tried to keep possession but much to casual and timid in the final third. Reminded me of the Super Bowl this year with how boring it was at times. Spurs started to play a little bit better at the end but still missing their shooting boots.

I dunno if starting Kane was the right choice but he wasn’t even the worst player on the pitch.

I’m more disappointed than upset, and such an anticlimactic win for Liverpool. Would have loved for it to go out with a bang even if we lost. Just a boring game.

I was full expecting Spurs to even it up late. Liverpool didn’t look sharp. Alisson saved them in the end.

Dodgy penalty ruined the game from the start. Liverpool sat back to play the counter, we tried to keep possession but much to casual and timid in the final third.
yeah very disappointing. The biggest match in the clubs history and not 30 seconds gone before Sissoko wanders into the penalty area waving his arms around. It almost looked like Mane went "wow, check out this drongo, fine then, I'll take it..." and simply pegged the ball right at Sissoko's daftly outstretched arm. Instant penalty. Then, as you say, Lpool just get to sit back. Spurs meekly chase their own tails in their own half, not enough numbers showing for the ball in midfield so Vert etc hoof the long ball to no one, rinse repeat.

I guess they'll be saying now Kane should never have started. Although if he didnt and they still lost the uproar would be worse. Son had enough shots to win the match but Allison was too good

You can walk as alone as you like in Europa next season!

Boring match but I'll take boring and a victory any day. Dodgy penalty but our backline is no joke. Origi is the magic man. Definitely getting some money on his next contract. Fun day. Got to watch my team win a Cup and got to watch my daughter in her ballet recital right after. Fun times. YNWA

You can walk as alone as you like in Europa next season!

Boring match but I'll take boring and a victory any day. Dodgy penalty but our backline is no joke. Origi is the magic man. Definitely getting some money on his next contract. Fun day. Got to watch my team win a Cup and got to watch my daughter in her ballet recital right after. Fun times. YNWA

I’d rather be in the Conference than support Liverpool 😜

LAFC with the HUGE away win at Portland. Those games are hands down the most consistently exciting matchups.

IT'S OFFICIAL HAZARD IS GONE AND MY LIFE HAS NO MEANING 😭😭😭

Also, fuck Real Madrid for making such a major announcement during the opening game of the Women's World Cup. Pathetic fucking club.

Women's world cup is underway! Who do you think will take this? Of course I'd love the US to. But I do not have faith in Jill Ellis. She won with an already in place roster that could coach itself 4 years ago, screwed with that roster so they didn't win at the Olympics and most recently couldn't bring home the gold in their own cup, She Believes. So, I think Jill is going to get a pink slip after they don't win this cup.

I think it'll be France.

Back