It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

You'll have to beat out Boca Juniors from what I've heard.
A lot of actually reliable people are saying there is no ground to the rumor, but the club also declined to comment so who knows! I would love him here, but I don't think he is needed so I'm fine wherever this goes. He's a great player so I'd love to see him play in Black and Gold, but the FO has only messed up once (R.I.P. Horta) so I trust them.

Those late goal celebrations were sort of disgraceful...and I know every goal is important.
Yeah, itā€™s whatever I guess. I mean, for the most part Thailand defended well outside of their GK being 5ā€™4ā€. It could have easily been 20-0. Maybe if the GK was slightly better itā€™s only 4 or 5-0. The rest of the team was not that bad.

Those late goal celebrations were sort of disgraceful...and I know every goal is important.
I disagree. The only major goal celebrations late in the game were for Pugh, who got her first international goal (very big deal tbh) and Carli Lloyd, who really needed that goal, especially after missing two sitters.

I loved watching the team celebrate. It really showed how much of a team they are and that they are in this to win it.

Yeah, itā€™s whatever I guess. I mean, for the most part Thailand defended well outside of their GK being 5ā€™4ā€. It could have easily been 20-0. Maybe if the GK was slightly better itā€™s only 4 or 5-0. The rest of the team was not that bad.
Thailand's no 10 was EVERYWHERE. She was a great player and killed a lot of attacks for the US in the first half. It really was atrocious goal keeping that lead to this result. That and the defense just being exhausted by the end. In my eyes, Thailand should be more proud than Brazil after that loss to Germany.

I disagree. The only major goal celebrations late in the game were for Pugh, who got her first international goal (very big deal tbh) and Carli Lloyd, who really needed that goal, especially after missing two sitters.

I loved watching the team celebrate. It really showed how much of a team they are and that they are in this to win it.
Sure, but what about the other 4 or 5 late goals?...and Alex Morgan sure looked super classy counting up her five goals.

Sure, but what about the other 4 or 5 late goals?...and Alex Morgan sure looked super classy counting up her five goals.
I don't remember the celebration during the 5th, but I know during her 4th she simply put her hand up and waived. This was a historically dominant game, they are breaking records, and Alex Morgan tied the record with 5 goals in a match, it would be pretty hard to keep calm while breaking that many records in one half.

Rumors have Daniel de Rossi coming to LAFC. I would absolutely LOVE that. That guy is a freaking machine, and I was so shocked Roma didn't extend his contract. He'd bring so much experience and depth to the team. A midfield of Atuesta, MAK, and DDR sounds too juicy!

I think he decided himself it was time to leave Roma and take a step down. Well thatā€™s from what I read anyway.

I don't remember the celebration during the 5th, but I know during her 4th she simply put her hand up and waived. This was a historically dominant game, they are breaking records, and Alex Morgan tied the record with 5 goals in a match, it would be pretty hard to keep calm while breaking that many records in one half.
It's fine, I just don't think it's a good look for them in their first game. I can't wait for France to beat them!

I think he decided himself it was time to leave Roma and take a step down. Well thatā€™s from what I read anyway.
I thought I remembered him saying he wanted to stay but they basically said they wouldnā€™t be needing him. Either way, it is weird to imagine Roma without him!

I thought I remembered him saying he wanted to stay but they basically said they wouldnā€™t be needing him. Either way, it is weird to imagine Roma without him!

I heard today that he said he wanted to go to Boca. They need to free up some money. Galaxy is looking to grab Pavon and need to get rid of Roman to do it.

Re: the 13 - 0 score.

I'm conflicted. On one hand, yeah, it seemed like the US was just being mean after a certain amount of goals were scored and they kept going.

On the other hand - this is the biggest stage for these players. Period. They are playing for it all. I'm not sure how you coach your players to stop playing their best. You only have a set amount of subs. There isn't really a "B" or "C" team to put on the field because the rosters are limited in number. So, what do you do? You still have HUGE names out on the field. You don't want them to get out of their groove by having them take their foot off of the gas. They have been practicing and training at a high level for years. I imagine it is hard to not play at the level you are used to. And celebrating after a goal is what you do. It just is. I didn't see anyone getting in Thailand's face after the goals and acting like an ass.

I don't know. I feel bad for Thailand. But I'm not going to say,"I can't wait for France to beat them" because the US did what they were supposed to which is win. That's a tough situation.

Back