It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

But share our Treble with no one !

No true, kudos on being the first team to win the domestic treble, huge achievement! Some good teams made it as far as losing one of the finals but you’re the only ones that crossed that line.

I still prefer ours from 1999 though 😜

No true, kudos on being the first team to win the domestic treble, huge achievement! Some good teams made it as far as losing one of the finals but you’re the only ones that crossed that line.

I still prefer ours from 1999 though 😜

Surely you would swap that champions League Trophy for the league cup ?

Final standings from the VMP Premier League 2018/19. Congratulations to Jonathan Schrauwen and his team Mepunga McMixtape.

@wokeupnew i beat you on alphabetical order lmao!

Glad LAFC pulled out the draw yesterday but was hoping they’d win. It’s the kind of match that a great team should win since they had nothing to prove.
We were playing so poorly, I don't know if we even deserved that point lol. Subbing Josh Perez on for Beita instead of introducing Dio right away was a huge mistake by Bob and I think that game would have resulted in 3 points if we had a striker for most of the game.

We were playing so poorly, I don't know if we even deserved that point lol. Subbing Josh Perez on for Beita instead of introducing Dio right away was a huge mistake by Bob and I think that game would have resulted in 3 points if we had a striker for most of the game.

I’d like to see a lot more time for Dio in general. I get that he’s great as a spark plug sub, but he deserves more chances.

Agreed on not really deserving that point. Glad we secured it though.

Did someone say Messi?

Attachments

• 1558952207610.png
    1558952207610.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 1
I’d like to see Derby County go up because Spurs are supposedly in for Grealish should Villa stay down again. Also Derby have loads of Chelsea loanees so they’d probably be more shit next season should they make it. Villa look a lot better so they’ll probably win this.

I’d like to see Derby County go up because Spurs are supposedly in for Grealish should Villa stay down again. Also Derby have loads of Chelsea loanees so they’d probably be more shit next season should they make it. Villa look a lot better so they’ll probably win this.

I have an irrational dislike for Villa and Derby are a nice, well run club so I’d like to see them go up! Plus in the ex Chelsea player stakes Lampard > Terry every day of the week! Captain, Leader, Bell End...

I have an irrational dislike for Villa and Derby are a nice, well run club so I’d like to see them go up! Plus in the ex Chelsea player stakes Lampard > Terry every day of the week! Captain, Leader, Bell End...
That’s true, I don’t really hate Lampard. Great player. Terry on the other hand

Carli Lloyd riding the bench is the best thing that could happen to the USWNT. There, I said it. She is wildly inconsistent and has been a thorn in my side for years.

Carli Lloyd riding the bench is the best thing that could happen to the USWNT. There, I said it. She is wildly inconsistent and has been a thorn in my side for years.
I’ve watched a handful of friendlies and the She Believes Cup over the past year or so, but hasn’t she been exclusively on the bench over the past few years? I don’t recall a game where she started, especially since she’s older now.

I’ve watched a handful of friendlies and the She Believes Cup over the past year or so, but hasn’t she been exclusively on the bench over the past few years? I don’t recall a game where she started, especially since she’s older now.

She's been a starter off and on. But I think from the She Believes Cup on, when Jill was really nailing down the roster, she became a "power sub". And Carli recently gave an interview in which it was very clear she was not pleased with her back up role. So, I think it is more cemented/official now that she is a sub. Thank goodness!!!!! She is pretty one-dimensional. And as the rest of the world is stepping up to the USWNT's level and figuring out how to best us, Carli is more of a liability.

Give me Tobin and her insane ball handling skills in the middle! Give me Crystal and her speed. Give me Horan and her leg and physicality. Keep Carli.

(Also, thank you for chatting with me about the women! I'm super excited for the World Cup!!!)

She's been a starter off and on. But I think from the She Believes Cup on, when Jill was really nailing down the roster, she became a "power sub". And Carli recently gave an interview in which it was very clear she was not pleased with her back up role. So, I think it is more cemented/official now that she is a sub. Thank goodness!!!!! She is pretty one-dimensional. And as the rest of the world is stepping up to the USWNT's level and figuring out how to best us, Carli is more of a liability.

Give me Tobin and her insane ball handling skills in the middle! Give me Crystal and her speed. Give me Horan and her leg and physicality. Keep Carli.

(Also, thank you for chatting with me about the women! I'm super excited for the World Cup!!!)
Me too! It’s like in 2 weeks right? When does it start?

Back