Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

Do these work well for a DAC RCA input signal (R/L)?
The Node is really low gain running into the Perseus pre now.
No. They want to see 3-40 ohms on the input. Your output impedance on your Node will be far higher.

Also the transformers want to see .2-.6 mV voltage input. Your Node puts out volts, not millivolts.

Audio GE Teddy Classics have arrived. Mint condition- bomb proof packing by the seller. Absolutely love them. Girlfriend says she knew speakers sounded different from each other, but not like this. This room is pretty bad, but they sound amazing. They also are flat to 33 Hz- no sub needed.

I’ll likely be getting the rack refinished to match.

Step up transformers also arrived. They’ll have to wait for another day. eBay seller had free shipping from Japan. I didn’t expect free overnight. Score!

View attachment 195397
How do these beauty’s stack up against the Lintons?

How do these beauty’s stack up against the Lintons?
Early days obviously but imagine Lintons with deeper bass extension, and increased clarity and definition overall. Detailed but not analytical. These sound killer.

Audio GE will sell factory direct to areas with no distribution. If buying direct, you have a choice of finishes. The only finish ever shipped to the US was ebony. I was quoted €1850 shipped to the US with a 5 week wait. I nearly did that until I found these on US Audio Mart. Paid $1300 shipped.

What tubes are slotted for the pre?
12AU7 x 3
The Color Preamp is designed to put in some second order tube warmth/color/distortion/harmonics into a solid state amplifier
I am going to run my DAC and my phono stage through it
And then see how it do….best-ish of both worlds ?
We shall hear
Skunkie did mention applying it to Magnepans which is fortuitous considering I just went there

No. They want to see 3-40 ohms on the input. Your output impedance on your Node will be far higher.

Also the transformers want to see .2-.6 mV voltage input. Your Node puts out volts, not millivolts.
Doh!
Figured out my problem.

The Node volume is adjustable in the app with RCAs.
Was never adjustable with USB because it deferred to the integrated Denon DAC.

Happy Friday all!

The longer bolts arrived from IsoAcoustics today, so I fiddled with positioning and got the outriggers installed.

IMG_1694.jpeg

IMG_1696.jpeg

I also got an AudioQuest Niagara 1200, as I’m no longer running the subs with the 2-channel 1 power strip is enough.

IMG_1697.jpeg

This weekend I’m going to install my Rega Aphetta 3 as my Hana SL needs to get retipped. And then I’m going to veg out listening to records all weekend.

The longer bolts arrived from IsoAcoustics today, so I fiddled with positioning and got the outriggers installed.

View attachment 195427

View attachment 195428

I also got an AudioQuest Niagara 1200, as I’m no longer running the subs with the 2-channel 1 power strip is enough.

View attachment 195429

This weekend I’m going to install my Rega Aphetta 3 as my Hana SL needs to get retipped. And then I’m going to veg out listening to records all weekend.
I feel like the integrated trapped behind the privacy glass is dying to be set free.

It's crying loud VU's from getting shamed...

The marantz is here, but it gets to sit until next week as the brackets to build the shelf are not here yet and I’m in the midst of potty training - so there wouldn’t be time for that project anyhow.
View attachment 195448
Potty training!?!!! and you give me a hard time for for rarely shitting my pants.

I have been potty trained for at least the past decade now.

I feel like the integrated trapped behind the privacy glass is dying to be set free.

It's crying loud VU's from getting shamed...
I agree. I’m replacing the Salamander later this year. I’m looking at ordering one of these in either walnut or the reclaimed wood, with a couple mods to dimensions. It’s from What We Make.

IMG_1704.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree. I’m replacing the Salamander later this year. I’m looking at ordering one of these in either walnut or the reclaimed wood, with a couple mods to dimensions. It’s from What We Make.

View attachment 195458
That's a great looking piece. I'm hoping to get to a console build project this year. I want to build with some type of curly maple. Those drawers are very handy and a nice touch.

The marantz is here, but it gets to sit until next week as the brackets to build the shelf are not here yet and I’m in the midst of potty training - so there wouldn’t be time for that project anyhow.
View attachment 195448
I did pull it out to look at it though. My wife says I have to cuddle all my preciouses:
IMG_6039.jpeg

Back