Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

The Magnepans landed
I am afraid to open the packaging
Totally underwhelmed by the boxing
Easily the least amount of protection I have ever seen on any component

Try to view this as a glass half full situation - Bezos would've slapped a shipping label on an unboxed speaker, pointed it toward the truck and smacked it on the ass.

I am rooting for them to be undamaged
I will take a couple pictures
I just lack confidence in what I am seeing
Outside of a puncture hole all the way through the box, they'll be fine. They have foam surrounding the panels protecting the most important part, the frame. You'll be fine :)

If I hadn't boycotted them due to non product related reasons, I'd probably have another pair at this point.
20220303_072256.jpg

Outside of a puncture hole all the way through the box, they'll be fine. They have foam surrounding the panels protecting the most important part, the frame. You'll be fine :)

If I hadn't boycotted them due to non product related reasons, I'd probably have another pair at this point.
View attachment 195766
Do you keep the mezes in the box?

What did they do?
I am sometimes loyal to a fault, but one of my biggest pet peeves is customer service. That said, I really liked the Maggie's and it was tough to let them go. So when the new version was released I reached out to them and was told that if I wanted the LRS+'s I needed to order them from one of their vendors. No problem, they give me the info and I spend a month trying to contact this vendor hearing nothing back.

At that point I reached out to Magnepan to let them know that their vendor was non responsive, might be something they want to look into. The response was very dismissive, they told me that they were "A very reliable vendor". Then mentioned that they did close their physical location, but that didn't effect their ability to service customers.

Fine.

Another month of trying to contact this vendor, still crickets. Reached out to Magnapan again, and at this point, and to this day, they've never responded to me. So fine, have it your way. It's unfortunate, but that's not the way to gain customer comfort and loyalty to your brand.

I mean that was a product issue and then a cs issue. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah i suppose I’d consider a cs issue surrounding mending a product to be a product issue.

I was thinking perhaps they’d done something shitty or had investments in somewhere like Russia or Israel with currently tensions. For example I prefer Russian tubes but haven’t bought any new ones since 2022.

I am sometimes loyal to a fault, but one of my biggest pet peeves is customer service. That said, I really liked the Maggie's and it was tough to let them go. So when the new version was released I reached out to them and was told that if I wanted the LRS+'s I needed to order them from one of their vendors. No problem, they give me the info and I spend a month trying to contact this vendor hearing nothing back.

At that point I reached out to Magnepan to let them know that their vendor was non responsive, might be something they want to look into. The response was very dismissive, they told me that they were "A very reliable vendor". Then mentioned that they did close their physical location, but that didn't effect their ability to service customers.

Fine.

Another month of trying to contact this vendor, still crickets. Reached out to Magnapan again, and at this point, and to this day, they've never responded to me. So fine, have it your way. It's unfortunate, but that's not the way to gain customer comfort and loyalty to your brand.

Ah that’s totally fair enough!

Last edited:
Back