Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

Stunning! Congrats!
Thanks! I’m really enjoying how the system is working out. I was a bit worried about running without the JL’s, but the Ref 3’s as a straight 2.0 system with the Lux doesn’t leave me feeling wanting for anything on most, almost any, music I listen too. At least so far. And the L-509X seems to have come “alive” with these speakers. Very synergistic. Smooth, detailed, and powerful. Great combo.

So I got the replacement Skoll unit from Schiit yesterday and hooked it up this morning, but the left channel is completely dead when I use it. I've swapped the cable, I tried different inputs on my amp, nothing. It works perfectly with all other connections and with my old preamp, but nothing on this. Any guesses as to what I might be doing wrong or anything else I should try? Or does it sound like I got another dud with a different problem from them this time?

So I got the replacement Skoll unit from Schiit yesterday and hooked it up this morning, but the left channel is completely dead when I use it. I've swapped the cable, I tried different inputs on my amp, nothing. It works perfectly with all other connections and with my old preamp, but nothing on this. Any guesses as to what I might be doing wrong or anything else I should try? Or does it sound like I got another dud with a different problem from them this time?

Sounds like another dud I’m afraid!

Sounds like another dud I’m afraid!
That's what I thought too. What a pain in the ass. I'm over them at this point. The last one at least sounded fantastic despite the LEDs being loose in the unit. But I'm not going through this again. Asked for a label and a refund. Schiit looks like shit now.

That's what I thought too. What a pain in the ass. I'm over them at this point. The last one at least sounded fantastic despite the LEDs being loose in the unit. But I'm not going through this again. Asked for a label and a refund. Schiit looks like shit now.
That sucks. Are you planning to try another brand?

At this rate I’d try a totally different manufacturer. I’ve heard lots of mixed things about Schitt. I know it’s just a name too but when you’re naming your products stuff like the Schitt Urd, then it’s a little hard for me to believe that the products and CS are being taken seriously too hah

At this rate I’d try a totally different manufacturer. I’ve heard lots of mixed things about Schitt. I know it’s just a name too but when you’re naming your products stuff like the Schitt Urd, then it’s a little hard for me to believe that the products and CS are being taken seriously too hah
I've had good experiences with them before, but this has turned me off for sure.

Driver differences aside, the new steep slope crossovers make a big difference. The IVs are smoother and more coherent top-to-bottom than the IIs they replaced, although they are very much of a similar character. I’ll put more time on them tomorrow, but my initial impression is that Roy Delgado nailed the voicing.

Back