Incoming! The New Equipment Thread

Clearly I was looking for someplace to throw a teaser out there. Parasound A21+ sold, and a new (to me) amp is on the way. I’ll wait until it’s received to slap some pics up. I will say that sometimes what’s old is new again…. And if I’m not done with amplifier purchases I’ll be surprised.

Clearly I was looking for someplace to throw a teaser out there. Parasound A21+ sold, and a new (to me) amp is on the way. I’ll wait until it’s received to slap some pics up. I will say that sometimes what’s old is new again…. And if I’m not done with amplifier purchases I’ll be surprised.

Are you keeping the PL preamp and just replacing the power amp or is it a whole new amplification system?

Luxman M-900u or M10x perhaps?

New Amp has shipped.

@SnowmaNick was on the right track but shot high.

Got a nice deal on a Luxman M-700u. Listened to one a while back at my dealer, but new prices were just too high. I’ve also heard the M-900u.. which is just unreal, and a story for another day. Got a great deal and really believe this will be my last amplifier purchase.

I’m also holding onto the Harbeths for a while to see what the Luxman can make them do.

I do have a question. I noticed reading the manual that the speaker connections only accept spades or bare wires. Does using a banana to Spade adapter have a negative effect on sound quality? Recently bought new Morrow speaker cables and they are banana. Would prefer not to replace them.

I’m looking forward to getting it set up. Sucks not having a system to listen to and I’ve really missed my meters since @Kris bought my L550.

I assume it will be here Wednesday or Thursday.

New Amp has shipped.

@SnowmaNick was on the right track but shot high.

Got a nice deal on a Luxman M-700u. Listened to one a while back at my dealer, but new prices were just too high. I’ve also heard the M-900u.. which is just unreal, and a story for another day. Got a great deal and really believe this will be my last amplifier purchase.

I’m also holding onto the Harbeths for a while to see what the Luxman can make them do.

I do have a question. I noticed reading the manual that the speaker connections only accept spades or bare wires. Does using a banana to Spade adapter have a negative effect on sound quality? Recently bought new Morrow speaker cables and they are banana. Would prefer not to replace them.

I’m looking forward to getting it set up. Sucks not having a system to listen to and I’ve really missed my meters since @Kris bought my L550.

I assume it will be here Wednesday or Thursday.
Another Luxman? I’m curious now! Why did you replace the L550? Or do I not want to know why it’s better :)

Another Luxman? I’m curious now! Why did you replace the L550? Or do I not want to know why it’s better :)
This one’s not an integrated. It’s just a power amp. I wanted to go the separate route and get some tubes in the chain again… once I got the preamp, I felt like I was wasting half the L550. Hence the A21+.

The A21 wasn’t nearly as clean sounding as the L550 amp section, and this popped up at a great price used so jumped on it. The M-700u is 120w Class A/B.

I knew I might have a bit of trouble finding another setup that I liked as much as that L550 feeding my old Forte III’s.

I’m chasing something, just hope I catch it. 😂

Last edited:
The M-700u has arrived. It’s a looker IMO. Just beautiful.

It’s really cold here today so not even plugging it in until it has a few hours to adjust to the house temperature.

It only takes a spade or bare wire speaker connection so need to work on that. I ordered a banana to spade adapter but we’ll have to see it if works. Today I’m just gonna use some old fashioned clear 12g speaker wire with bare ends.

More to come. IMG_6149.jpegIMG_6148.jpeg

It’s really cold here today so not even plugging it in until it has a few hours to adjust to the house temperature.

It only takes a spade or bare wire speaker connection so need to work on that. I ordered a banana to spade adapter but we’ll have to see it if works. Today I’m just gonna use some old fashioned clear 12g speaker wire with bare ends.

More to come. View attachment 189825View attachment 189826
If you are beholden to your cables, why not just install spades on the speaker end?

More to come. View attachment 189825View attachment 189826
She’s a beauty.

Does a Funk Firm Achromat count as new equipment? I think with this last addition, the Sol is fully weaponized. At least until I lose my mind and machine a new platter or something.

View attachment 189915
View attachment 189916
Heck ya it does! Your setup is looking awesome. That table is really sweet. I liked the FF achromat on both the PLX1000 and the 1210GR. Enjoy!

Since I picked up the EVO300 used and therefore not sure what kinda life the stock tubes have, I splurged for a quad of the Brimar 4003’s that Upscale has.. not going to roll them right away as I want to have a baseline with the other changes first. But hoping they’re all Kev says they are. Time will tell. IMG_6167.jpeg

Heck ya it does! Your setup is looking awesome. That table is really sweet. I liked the FF achromat on both the PLX1000 and the 1210GR. Enjoy!
I was able to get a good price on it from TurntableLab. I dunno if it’s just psychosomatic, but it sure feels like it sounds better than the deer leather mat that was on there.

Back