Fresh Grabs

The one day I'm out of office and the postman delivers straight to my wife....
View attachment 5259

Lol uh oh...did you get in Trouble? Trust me I know...the day my VMP bluenote anthology box got delivered my fiancé was sitting on the porch with me and I was like “oh damn here we go”. She was like how many records is that? Why’s the box so big? How much did that cost.. Blah blah blah. Just wait till she sees my Marantz box get delivered. Uggh I’m stressed out now

Lol uh oh...did you get in Trouble? Trust me I know...the day my VMP bluenote anthology box got delivered my fiancé was sitting on the porch with me and I was like “oh damn here we go”. She was like how many records is that? Why’s the box so big? How much did that cost.. Blah blah blah. Just wait till she sees my Marantz box get delivered. Uggh I’m stressed out now
Hahaha, not too much trouble, just the usual "how many records do you need?"

I feel like there could be a whole thread solely about spouses dealing with their loved ones’ vinyl addictions. Is there not one of these yet? My wife suggested yesterday, “how ‘bout we limit this to five records a month?” and I’m trying to figure how that would ever work. Maybe if music just stopped being made? Or my ears fell off?

Just super humbled nd excited about this surprise in the mail.

In my recent t-shirt business start-up I've been doing a lot of networking with old school underground rappers. One of my favorite covers ever made was for a Chicago Horror-Core cassette called M.C. Def Ski - Rap Tyrant. His only release. I reached out to him to see if he'd be cool with me designing and selling some shirts for him, and he said yes, but what he's done that no other artist has, was he went out of his way to send me 2 sealed copies of the tape along with 2 autographed inserts. Totally unsolicited, and he owes me nothing, but the fact that he felt the need to send me those meant the world.

This is by no means an easy tape to find at all, and now I have 3 copies! Also if anyone wants to grab a shirt they are available at www.teespring.com/stores/cassette-couture

Image-1.jpg

Back