Fresh Grabs

Full pictures of yesterday's grabs at Heartbeat Vinyl in Paris with a beautiful haul of Japanese jazz reissues. No need to say that I am very happy to have these Cat and Drum Method in hands :

市原宏祐* と 3L ‎– Now Sound '75 脱・日本民謡
Takeshi Inomata & Sound Limited, Jiro Inagaki & Soul Media, Akira Ishikawa & Count Buffaloes, Toshiyuki Miyama & The New Herd ‎– Sensational Jazz '70 Vol.0
Electro Keyboard Orchestra ‎– Electro Keyboard Orchestra
Hiroshi Suzuki ‎– Cat
Takeshi Inomata ‎– Drum Method

If you ever come to Paris, you must visit this record shop. Owner is super friendly and knowledgeable, he imports tons of records from Japan and have amazing records in stores.

Last edited:
Second haul this time from Superfly Records. Amazing records as usual and I ended buying 6 records from my want list including 4 beautiful spiritual jazz records reissued by Pure Pleasure :

Dadisi Komolafe ‎– Hassan's Walk
Adele Sebastian ‎– Desert Fairy Princess
Κυριάκος Σφέτσας ‎– Greek Fusion Orchestra Vol.2
Rocé ‎– Gunz N' Rocé
Charles Tolliver And His All Stars ‎– Charles Tolliver And His All Stars
Music Inc. ‎– Music Inc.

I already talked about them and Superfly Records is probably the best record shop in Town. Paulo and Manu, the owners have an amazing stock refreshed every week. I've seen a few of the people ordering from their web shop (@Poly-Rythmo , @Selaws @Mr Moore > they'll add Brazilian records next week-end, just sayin'). They also run their own label and reissued great records like Di Melo, Minoru Muraoka, Ebo Taylor or, more recently, Clifford Jordan.

Last edited:
Unfortunately every album I’ve preordered on amazon in the last three months turned up yesterday along with the Bob Dylan 14 cd rolling thunder live set ..and the wife answers the door to three massive amazon boxes ...my assertion that I hadn’t ordered much recently was pretty much destroyed..so I’m not brave enough to take pics yet

20190610_200613.jpg

A package from TTL arrived today. The delivery was delayed by a few weeks because TTL did not have the Raw Honey indie exclusive in stock and had to wait to receive more copies. (That's what they said.)

Totally slept on the Breeders record when it came out last year, but better late than never for this was always a band I rated higher than others did. I hope this album is the same since critical opinions appear to have been lukewarm on this one too.

Back from les Balades Sonores:

- Various ‎– Even A Tree Can Shed Tears: Japanese Folk & Rock 1969-1973 (Balades Sonores exclusive on white vinyl, limited to 200 copies)
- The Real ShooBeeDoo ‎– Reminiscing (Balades Sonores exclusive on white vinyl, limited to 100 copies)
- Greg Foat ‎– The Mage (super jazz record made in UK, again)

P_20190610_152145.jpg

Back