Fresh Grabs

A quick trip to Copenhagen yielded one I've been looking for a decent copy of for a while - The Quintet at Massey Hall. I also picked up my first REM bootleg - Really Exciting News, seems to include a lot of early demos, which is my favourite period of them almost.

20190606_180653.jpg

Plus the mail brought three very different bits of jazz. Azmari - Ekera is a great and funky Belgian group ; Herbie Hancock is my first BN 80 but probably needs to go back for a bent corner ; and I finally succumbed on Comet is Coming after resisting so long. I'm imagining this sounds great cranked up on my system.

Isnt letting them sit like that way to risky ? get anxiety just looking at it lol
I usually dry all mine with those micro fiber cloths, but I think this way avoids the added static issue. It’s actually quite a popular technique.
Tap one and they all fall and there all permanently marked tho lol

1 by 1 all the way for me lol
I dry with micro fiber clothes and then leave them in this rack for about 10 minutes to air dry just to make sure all the water is gone before re-sleeving. They are held on the bottom and side and are fairly secure. I have cleaned over 600 records this way and never had an incident.

After waiting around 3 weeks for SRC Vinyl to ship my two copies, only to find out they never had them to begin with, I finally have an RSD mono copy in hand. What a journey. Can’t wait to spin this psychedelic goodness.
JoV2k23.jpg

I usually dry all mine with those micro fiber cloths, but I think this way avoids the added static issue. It’s actually quite a popular technique.

You have to do both though! If you don’t dry them with the cloth before you air dry them the spin clean fluid remains in the Grooves and your record sounds like a detuned Radio...

Count Basie And The Kansas 7 - S/T (Impulse! AS-15 - First Stereo Pressing).
Miles Davis Quintet - Freedom Jazz Dance (The Bootleg Series Vol. 5 - 3LP Set)

I have been eyeing up several OG pressings on the Impulse! series and decided to go in on the cheapest of the bunch first to get a feel for it. The front cover of the Basie has seen better days but the back, inner gatefold spread, and record itself are in fantastic condition. The Miles Davis was picked up for a decent price after discussions over on the Jazz Thread (always the case!).

So without stepping into a shop I have a lot after today’s postal avalanche!

Because @Skalap is worth it

B4A75505-2F31-4243-92CF-DE56749F595A.jpeg

A super amazing PIF from the always generous @Murfocakes

F3DF3A81-3DF0-405B-B04B-20359D97661B.jpeg

Soul slabs vol 1

0C417771-1D2C-41D4-8838-6979D3379C57.jpeg

My May box from @LovesVinyl same one as
@panino got.

03EE995E-55F5-47E2-BD9F-4AF0478151DA.jpeg

My purchase of the only one I’d missed from @LovesVinyl the bonus February box for early subscribers. This is my first disappointment with them, a grey label that I wouldn’t have bought had I known what it was, they used the image of the official release on their website. I’ve emailed to see if they’ll make it right, is a big acid test for me with them...

2F5EEFBD-40FD-49F8-9A78-6A91927B34E6.jpeg

I’m a mad man, I dry with the cloths then shake my records, very gently I might add, in the air to further dry them.

I cover my dining table with microfibre clothes and after I’ve dried them with the spin clean cloths I lay the records flat on the microfibre ones for 15 mins to air dry...

Back