Definitive Audiophile pressings

They have this part on lockdown, no questions asked.

I am mixed on it. I don't like paying that much for shipping, but it beats VMP where they build shipping into the cost and then do a poor job of it and I get records with seam splits, smashed corners, and ring wear from over packing the box. And then have to send 4 emails to get store credit. smh.

I haven't ordered from them for a few years, but I seem to remember that you could get an email with postage cost from them before finalising order, probably not a lot of help, but have a look as you go .

Expensive AF. I ordered 8 albums from Acoustic Sounds in July and it was $80 USD to Canada.

Sent FedEx, so I had to pay duty in advance rather than CoD.

On a positive note, the box was extremely well packed, and their CS were super helpful.

I think i'm gonna send them an email first. I did find this in the customer service section:

"We advise placing your order online and in the "Special Shipping Instructions" asking to have the shipping amounts emailed PRIOR to charging your card. This is the easiest and most effective way to learn the shipping amount."

Still sounds like they want you to place an order and then make you feel bad for canceling because the shipping cost is too high.

I think i'm gonna send them an email first. I did find this in the customer service section:

"We advise placing your order online and in the "Special Shipping Instructions" asking to have the shipping amounts emailed PRIOR to charging your card. This is the easiest and most effective way to learn the shipping amount."

Still sounds like they want you to place an order and then make you feel bad for canceling because the shipping cost is too high.

Yeah, they email the shipping cost before they charge you.

Fwiw, I usually wait until they are having a 15% or 20% off sale to order from them to take the sting off the shipping cost. They don't usually sell out of their AP titles unless they've been around for a while.

Yeah, they email the shipping cost before they charge you.

Fwiw, I usually wait until they are having a 15% or 20% off sale to order from them to take the sting off the shipping cost. They don't usually sell out of their AP titles unless they've been around for a while.

I thought about that but the product page on the ones i'm interested in so far says (Not Eligible for Additional Discount). Is that a normal thing until they release a code?

I thought about that but the product page on the ones i'm interested in so far says (Not Eligible for Additional Discount). Is that a normal thing until they release a code?

I just looked and I got the discount on Ahmad Jamal and others that now say "Not eligible for further discount." so I think when they include their own AP titles when they do the bigger sales, but please don't hold me to that.

Which albums are you looking at?

I just looked and I got the discount on Ahmad Jamal and others that now say "Not eligible for further discount." so I think when they include their own AP titles when they do the bigger sales, but please don't hold me to that.

Which albums are you looking at?

Duke Ellington - Masterpieces By Ellington (45RPM)
Dean Martin - Dream With Dean (45RPM)
Cat Stevens - Tea For The Tillerman (45RPM)

Also wanted Helen Mirrell and The Sound Of Jazz but they're both backordered.

Duke Ellington - Masterpieces By Ellington (45RPM)
Dean Martin - Dream With Dean (45RPM)
Cat Stevens - Tea For The Tillerman (45RPM)

Also wanted Helen Mirrell and The Sound Of Jazz but they're both backordered.
I've been tempted by that Ellington as well. Fremer always hypes it as a fantastic album (which, of course it is!)

The real question - is @HiFi Guy getting it?
Omg literally! @HiFi Guy is like the almighty sound quality guru for me! 🙏

For me, HiFi Guy approving of a particular vinyl pressing is like me seeing a reissue getting the Kevin Gray mastered + pressed at QRP treatment!

HiFi Guy is honestly like Kevin Gray for me! Like you can really trust both those guys when it comes to sound quality! If HiFi recommends a particular turntable, amp, speaker or pressing, you can’t go wrong...just like you can’t go wrong with a Kevin Gray mastered pressing! 💯

Love @HiFi Guy so much! I’d give him a heart attack with how much obsessed and starstruck I’d be with his setup and vinyl collection and him! 🤣🤣🤣♥️🤩

Expensive AF. I ordered 8 albums from Acoustic Sounds in July and it was $80 USD to Canada.

Sent FedEx, so I had to pay duty in advance rather than CoD.

On a positive note, the box was extremely well packed, and their CS were super helpful.
Yes, I can attest to this as well! Shipping was cheap for me USD$80 for 10 albums shipping to Australia (no taxes or anything for me as it needs to cost over $1000 for me to pay duty/tax etc).

The way my orders were packaged everytime I’ve ordered from Acoustic Sounds has been flawless! By far the best packaging I’ve ever received and shipping has been quick and the tracking number and updates have been top as well!

I love Acoustic Sounds so much! I’m so excited for their Black Friday sale! Baby Monster is so ready for it! 😁😁😁😁😁

I've been tempted by that Ellington as well. Fremer always hypes it as a fantastic album (which, of course it is!)
I’ve got that Duke Ellington 45RPM pressing of Masterpieces and it sounds phenomenal! I absolutely loved it! Remember being blown away by the soundstage and dynamics when I played that pressing! Can’t recommend it enough!

I'm guessing the next AS sale will be around Veterans Day or Thanksgiving?
I’m hoping they have a 15% off sale Black Friday, or even better 20% off!

Regardless though, I’m getting the Acoustic Sounds reissues from Amazon! Got both the John Coltrane Acoustic Sounds reissues for such a great price on Amazon AU! Ballads for only AUD$29.98 😍😱 and A Love Supreme for only AUD$35.00! Louis Armstrong Meets Oscar Peterson was also only AUD$35.00 for me! Such great value!

I’ll be getting the rest of the Tone Poet pressings I want from the Blue Note website however! On Amazon, they always cost more than AUD$40. Still a great price, but if Blue Note have a 30% storewide sale, is much rather do one big order with them!

Yes, I can attest to this as well! Shipping was cheap for me USD$80 for 10 albums shipping to Australia (no taxes or anything for me as it needs to cost over $1000 for me to pay duty/tax etc).

The way my orders were packaged everytime I’ve ordered from Acoustic Sounds has been flawless! By far the best packaging I’ve ever received and shipping has been quick and the tracking number and updates have been top as well!

I love Acoustic Sounds so much! I’m so excited for their Black Friday sale! Baby Monster is so ready for it! 😁😁😁😁😁

If you subtract $988 you get what we're allowed to import without paying tax/fee/duty. And that's 25% tax on content value plus shipping cost as well as a $25 handling fee. That fee is annoying every time but when the postal services send you a bill for $1.75 + $25 because the item was juuuust a few pennys over the limit at the time due to currency conversion, you are about ready to loose your shit. You pound the keys on the keyboard and click the mouse extra hard while paying that bill 😄

Masterpieces by Ellington is a time machine. You are straight back to the early 50's, hearing the era so vividly that you are practically there.
Ive been trying to find a video where Michael Fremer talks about it. He basically says what you said, and stated that the original pressing is mind-blowingly good. I believe I am right in thinking he picked it up cheap not expecting much but was blown away by it. Im getting more and more tempted by it.

Back