Definitive Audiophile pressings

so when will we talk about this clarity elephant in the room

Haha! I posted about this in the pre-order thread last night. Tempting, but when did I ever starting thinking it could be okay to spend $125 on a record? o_O I'm hoping to be able to put it out of my mind long enough that it sells out.

Yes, like... sure I want this. But it's just getting stupid. In fact it's BEEN stupid for a few years now. It's not okay to be spending $150+ on a new record, because it comes in a two dollar box and sounds a little bit better than the $25 Optimal pressed version of the same record.

OKAY FINE YES OPTIMAL SUCKS BUT STILL NO

For anyone outside the US who have ordered from Acoustic Sounds, how does it work? Do you have to commit to the order before they tell you the shipping cost? Is the shipping cost reasonable or nuts like MMJ?

Since I'm going to selll the VMP version of Let it Bleed what's a great sounding copy in the $50 or under range, preferably less than $30

I haven't ordered from them for a few years, but I seem to remember that you could get an email with postage cost from them before finalising order, probably not a lot of help, but have a look as you go .
For anyone outside the US who have ordered from Acoustic Sounds, how does it work? Do you have to commit to the order before they tell you the shipping cost? Is the shipping cost reasonable or nuts like MMJ?

Since I'm going to selll the VMP version of Let it Bleed what's a great sounding copy in the $50 or under range, preferably less than $30

Yep, here is the US version, not sure where you're from.

And the clear.

The 2013 "clearly classics" version is also great and I believe sourced from the same Bob Ludwig mastering. Some people had pressing issues (GZ) but mine plays great.

This tempts me. I really like the Steven Wilson remix though so I think I"m good.
No Buy rest of the year is helping me pass on this one...........I have the Wilson mix on my list, but this looks to be pretty solid as well. We'll have to wait on it, BE STRONG, lol

No Buy rest of the year is helping me pass on this one...........I have the Wilson mix on my list, but this looks to be pretty solid as well. We'll have to wait on it, BE STRONG, lol
I literally grew up on this album...I just want to HEAR this pressing. Not sure I need to own it. I still have my dad's original press which is basically worn out and I've had a number of upgrades. The Wilson remix is killer. Blows away the original. I can't imagine what this AP pressing would sound like.

I literally grew up on this album...I just want to HEAR this pressing. Not sure I need to own it. I still have my dad's original press which is basically worn out and I've had a number of upgrades. The Wilson remix is killer. Blows away the original. I can't imagine what this AP pressing would sound like.
This one's in my DNA also. I've had a lot of copies and agree the Wilson mix is fantastic. The UHQR is tempting, but I have to just keep telling myself I cannot and will not rationalize $125 for the possibility I can crank it a little louder and hear it a little better ;) (Plus, if I did, I'd have to upgrade my air guitar, and that's yet another expense I'd rather avoid :p.)

Expensive AF. I ordered 8 albums from Acoustic Sounds in July and it was $80 USD to Canada.

Sent FedEx, so I had to pay duty in advance rather than CoD.

On a positive note, the box was extremely well packed, and their CS were super helpful.

Back