Cute Animal Thread

I joked too soon. Poor guy isn't feeling well at all. Gonna have to investigate how social distancing works at the vet tomorrow morning.

My experience with our vet last month: When I took my dog to the vet we checked in with the two nurses that were outside, and waited in the car. If the Dr need to speak to me, which he did, I was offered PPE and walked directly into the room. No waiting room. If the Dr did not need to speak with me then they were going to take the dog straight back while I waited in the car. Our vet posted on their website their new process in respects to C-19 and still taking care of their patients and clients, as well as their staff. See if your vet posted anything on their site, or just case ask them when you call in. Good luck! Hope he feels better soon!

He’s a pointer that looks like a hound! A very old and rare Italian breed that’s not recognized in the USA (do yourself a favor and look them up on Instagram) and I LLLOOOOOVVVEE him! He’s the silliest dog I’ve ever owned and we had two bassets before! He’s constantly using his front paws like a set of boxing mits (he’s good with them too! He’s tagged me a couple times and made my work ask if everything was OK at home 🤣). He’ll also use his mouth to ever so gently lead you by the hand to the treat cabinet. This might make him sound ill behaved but it’s all instigated, I can leave treats on the bench and leave the house and they’ll still be there. He is either 100% play or 100% cuddle and he will let you know what he’s in the mood for but there’s no middle ground with him. I think every dog lover has one soul dog in their lives and this guy is definitely mine. 🥰

So cute! I believe in soul dog too! He sounds like my Pepper. She's a pointer mix and likes to box too. She always has such a happy, sweet, and playful attitude. So smart and mischievous! She's about 8 yrs old now, but still acts like a puppy. :) I already had her when my husband and I started dating back in the day, and he wasn't sure about her then, but now they're best buds too. :love: 20200417_004843.jpg

So cute! I believe in soul dog too! He sounds like my Pepper. She's a pointer mix and likes to box too. She always has such a happy, sweet, and playful attitude. So smart and mischievous! She's about 8 yrs old now, but still acts like a puppy. :) I already had her when my husband and I started dating back in the day, and he wasn't sure about her then, but now they're best buds too. :love: View attachment 41695

Sweet girl! Pointers were my wife’s idea, at first I wasn’t on board at all because of the stigma around the energy levels but I must just have amazing luck with mine because they’re only insane when they know they’re allowed to be off leash. The longer life expectancy is a huge plus, there’s so many large breeds that I have on a dream list but 6-8 years is too soon for that sort of heartbreak.

My experience with our vet last month: When I took my dog to the vet we checked in with the two nurses that were outside, and waited in the car. If the Dr need to speak to me, which he did, I was offered PPE and walked directly into the room. No waiting room. If the Dr did not need to speak with me then they were going to take the dog straight back while I waited in the car. Our vet posted on their website their new process in respects to C-19 and still taking care of their patients and clients, as well as their staff. See if your vet posted anything on their site, or just case ask them when you call in. Good luck! Hope he feels better soon!
I’m sitting in the parking lot now. They’re not letting anyone in, just calling from inside to discuss.

Poor buddy has been racing outside constantly for the last 24 hours, and stopped eating and drinking at some point yesterday. Between that and the red flags of vomiting and bloody stool, I’m concerned for him. He’s only a year and a half old and up to date on his vaccinations, so hopefully it’s just a particularly nasty bug and we’ll get him hydrated and sorted out soon.

Gotta say, out of everyone in my household, I didn’t expect this ball of furry energy to be the one who would take ill during a quarantine.

I’m sitting in the parking lot now. They’re not letting anyone in, just calling from inside to discuss.

Poor buddy has been racing outside constantly for the last 24 hours, and stopped eating and drinking at some point yesterday. Between that and the red flags of vomiting and bloody stool, I’m concerned for him. He’s only a year and a half old and up to date on his vaccinations, so hopefully it’s just a particularly nasty bug and we’ll get him hydrated and sorted out soon.

Gotta say, out of everyone in my household, I didn’t expect this ball of furry energy to be the one who would take ill during a quarantine.
Good lord. The vet told me Arthur has what he likes to call “a case of the bad farts.”

1587136372563.gif

He should be fine.

Good lord. The vet told me Arthur has what he likes to call “a case of the bad farts.”

View attachment 41738

He should be fine.

Great news! My kids have a story book called “Walter the Farting Dog” .... In it the family is about to get rid of him because of his horrible flatulence but then when some shady robbers break into their house he lets loose a toxic fart cloud so horrendous that it sends the robbers running.... hopefully your little man doesn’t need to prove his heroism to save a place at the table :)

Great news! My kids have a story book called “Walter the Farting Dog” .... In it the family is about to get rid of him because of his horrible flatulence but then when some shady robbers break into their house he lets loose a toxic fart cloud so horrendous that it sends the robbers running.... hopefully your little man doesn’t need to prove his heroism to save a place at the table :)
BUYING

Edit: omg it's a SERIES

Walter the Farting Dog
Walter the Farting Dog Goes on a Cruise
Walter the Farting Dog: Banned from the Beach
Walter the Farting Dog: Trouble at the Yard Sale
Rough Weather Ahead for Walter the Farting Dog

Spectacular.

it's always a rollercoaster with you, sir.
giphy.gif

Sweet girl! Pointers were my wife’s idea, at first I wasn’t on board at all because of the stigma around the energy levels but I must just have amazing luck with mine because they’re only insane when they know they’re allowed to be off leash. The longer life expectancy is a huge plus, there’s so many large breeds that I have on a dream list but 6-8 years is too soon for that sort of heartbreak.

I hear ya on the dream list. I have Great Danes on mine, but they don't live very long. My cousins had one when we were growing up, and he was such a sweet dog.

As for Pepper, I got her off Craigslist and was originally told she was a Border Collie Lab mix. Which to me made sense since she looks like it. 🤷‍♀️ The previous owners said they got her from a breeder, because they had that mix before and really liked it. I later looked it up, and it's a thing apparently - they're called Boradors. Either way, we did a DNA test on her and she's got zero Border Collie is mainly Pointer and mixed with Chesapeake Bay Retriever, and sprinkles of Husky, and some other breeds I don't remember. She's still 100% amazing! 🥰

Maury.jpg

View attachment 41738

He should be fine.

:LOL: Between the prognosis and Stanley's gif! :ROFLMAO::LOL:

stopped eating and drinking at some point yesterday. Between that and the red flags of vomiting and bloody stool, I’m concerned for him. He’s only a year and a half old and up to date on his vaccinations, so hopefully it’s just a particularly nasty bug and we’ll get him hydrated and sorted out soon.

The not eating/drinking and bloody stool is very concerning, especially if it's been going on for a few days. I used to be a vet tech before I enlisted. Hopefully they sent you home with some medicine to help him, or some at home remedies to help. Since he's only 1.5 yrs old versus a really young puppy or senior pup then it's not AS alarming, but still glad you took him in just in case. Hope he makes a full recovery!

Back