Cute Animal Thread

I hope to join this thread in a month but hope I'm not jinxing it. We're going next weekend to look at some rescue golden/lab mix puppies. We bought a brand new fence for the express purpose of getting a dog. Right now the puppies are 7 weeks old and look like a ton of fun. We're only going to get one but it's a tough decision as all 4 are just so incredibly cute. They won't be available till the first week of December after they get their 2nd round of shots. Can't wait to meet them.

I hope to join this thread in a month but hope I'm not jinxing it. We're going next weekend to look at some rescue golden/lab mix puppies. We bought a brand new fence for the express purpose of getting a dog. Right now the puppies are 7 weeks old and look like a ton of fun. We're only going to get one but it's a tough decision as all 4 are just so incredibly cute. They won't be available till the first week of December after they get their 2nd round of shots. Can't wait to meet them.
So exciting! Lab pups are so effing cute. I hope it works out and we can welcome you officially to the club! Your new puppy will take care of the hazing rituals. We just ask that your initiation fee be paid in the form of a pic here. :)

And if it doesn't work out with this litter, there are tons of doggos in shelters, don't give up the search. :)

I foresee fence building in your future

Also... whose a clever girl!
She's a good girl, Indy. She has things to see!
You got her back though?
Yeah, she's back. We have a 6' wood privacy fence. There's a spot where a tree root has warped a few boards over the last couple of years and created a gap. I had it blocked off when Arthur was younger, but thought for sure he was too big for it now, and he's never shown any interest in getting through. With Pippa being bigger than Arthur, it didn't even occur to me. They played outside all day yesterday, no problem.

My wife texted me at the office that she went out this morning and Arthur was alone in the yard. She saw Pippa running through the alley behind the house. She came right back when called, but couldn't get back through the gap in the fence. My wife went through the gate in the front of yard, circled around the block to the alley, and... no Pippa. She had managed to get back through the gap to rejoin Arthur in the meantime.

For a dog that won't even move from room to room in the house unless she's clipped to a leash, this was a surprise. And I assume that having seen two demonstrations now, Arthur will get some ideas for himself too. Looks like I have some maintenance to do after work this evening.

Yeah, she's back. We have a 6' wood privacy fence. There's a spot where a tree root has warped a few boards over the last couple of years and created a gap. I had it blocked off when Arthur was younger, but thought for sure he was too big for it now, and he's never shown any interest in getting through. With Pippa being bigger than Arthur, it didn't even occur to me. They played outside all day yesterday, no problem.

My wife texted me at the office that she went out this morning and Arthur was alone in the yard. She saw Pippa running through the alley behind the house. She came right back when called, but couldn't get back through the gap in the fence. My wife went through the gate in the front of yard, circled around the block to the alley, and... no Pippa. She had managed to get back through the gap to rejoin Arthur in the meantime.

For a dog that won't even move from room to room in the house unless she's clipped to a leash, this was a surprise. And I assume that having seen two demonstrations now, Arthur will get some ideas for himself too. Looks like I have some maintenance to do after work this evening.
She came back, Indy. Like a goodest girl. She was just making sure the alley was safe for her new family.

It the dog wants out it’ll find a way. When I was a kid used to have a fenced off run, with access to her shed, for our terrier when we were out at school/work. The fence was far too high for her to jump straight. She figured it out. She went to the opposite end of the run, used the fence a spring point charged at, and up the side of, the shed and back flipped over the fence like a pole vaulter. It was quite something impressive to watch. My dad had to go around and secure the whole garden then so she couldn’t get out and gave up putting her in the run!

Glad you found her and got her back home safe!

Evidently she *was* picked up as a stray, now that I think about it. Maybe she’s got a streak of wanderlust that we need to keep an eye on.
My new one wears two leashes at all times and I don't let her out in the back alone for just this reason. I did the same with my first stray rescue, they were just way too unpredictable. Great sign that she came back when called though. I don't even know if Luna would do that let alone Nyla the new one...

Back