Cute Animal Thread

Guys, I hate to say it, but I think the fam is leaning away from adopting Toby. We're gonna take a few days to think about it, but it may just not be the best fit.
despite our enthusiasm, I don't think any of us will hold it against you 😊 everyone needs a happy home that makes sense for them- y'all and Toby. maybe Arthur will get a different partner-in-crime down the line and it sounds like Toby gets loved on in his current care!

I made a visit to the local Humane Society today. Poor pups are SO stressed out. So much noise, so many people...they all looked miserable. I went to see a really beautiful German Shepherd, but I learned once I was there that he has stage 4 kidney disease and is going to need serious & frequent treatment for the rest of his life, and I’m not in a position to take that on right now. Poor guy.

I have one more inquiry out about a dog from Petfinder; if he’s not the one, we’re going to hit pause on the search for the rest of the fall & winter, I think.

I made a visit to the local Humane Society today. Poor pups are SO stressed out. So much noise, so many people...they all looked miserable. I went to see a really beautiful German Shepherd, but I learned once I was there that he has stage 4 kidney disease and is going to need serious & frequent treatment for the rest of his life, and I’m not in a position to take that on right now. Poor guy.

I have one more inquiry out about a dog from Petfinder; if he’s not the one, we’re going to hit pause on the search for the rest of the fall & winter, I think.
Rooster has stage 4 kidney disease. You really can't tell. It will get the best of him in the next few years which sucks cause he's only @5. But the extra care hasn't been too strenuous. If you're curious or are even considering giving that dude a home, I'm happy to chat with you about it.

And yes, shelters are really stressful for animals. If now isn't the right time to add a full time pet, maybe foster? And actually, if you did like the German shepherd and fostered him, the shelter would be responsible for all his health costs. But fostering or even taking a dog for a weekend sleepover is really beneficial for them.

If you're curious or are even considering giving that dude a home, I'm happy to chat with you about it.
Yeah, I may pick your brain about it, thank you. This guy has apparently been hospitalized a few times recently and is losing weight in the shelter, but they’re not sure if it’s illness-related or just the effect the shelter is having on him, or both. He’s also 5, and their info sheet makes it read like he’s terminal and whoever takes him is basically taking on a dog hospice situation, but I wonder if that’s just to ward off unserious adopters.

I hope that the lack of "pets in costumes" posts in here is simply because it isn't time to go trick or treating yet. Please tell me there will be pets in costumes posts! Polly, don't let me down!

Meeting Pippa tomorrow.

She was rescued from a kill shelter in Louisiana where she had 9 puppies. Only 3 of them survived, and were all adopted out. Once here, one of her fellow rescue dogs died giving birth to another puppy, which Pippa adopted, and that puppy has now been placed in a new home too.

The lady said Pippa is one of the most special, gentlest dogs she’s ever rescued and we should come bring our dog to meet her ASAP. She almost started crying just telling me about her. We’re going tomorrow after work. Maybe this is the one?

D9DB5642-A59E-4D2C-9163-FA221625E4C5.jpeg

Meeting Pippa tomorrow.

She was rescued from a kill shelter in Louisiana where she had 9 puppies. Only 3 of them survived, and were all adopted out. Once here, one of her fellow rescue dogs died giving birth to another puppy, which Pippa adopted, and that puppy has now been placed in a new home too.

The lady said Pippa is one of the most special, gentlest dogs she’s ever rescued and we should come bring our dog to meet her ASAP. She almost started crying just telling me about her. We’re going tomorrow after work. Maybe this is the one?

View attachment 21641
IF YOU DON'T ADOPT HER, I WILL

Meeting Pippa tomorrow.

View attachment 21641
Omg. She's perfect. What a good good girl

Dogs are the best.

Good luck!!!!

Back