Cute Animal Thread

2304F3D2-F651-4750-8CE5-9835686903C3.jpeg

This is my favorite dog. She used to be super aloof and not listen to me. I met her when she was 2 (she’s ~seven now, came w a relationship but she’s mine now). She tried to hump me and assert dominance when we first met. Would look at me like “you’re not my father!” But she bonds through play and I’d get on the ground with her and wrestle (I let her use my fist as a tug toy by latching her k-9s over my fisted fingers) and take her running (she starts whining when she sees me getting on my running gear and knows our 6 mile route perfectly). She used to be disinterested in pets and affection. Now she falls asleep on me and knows the pleasures of a good ear massage. This is a picture of how she turns over waiting for me when I’m at my record shelves. I never know how long she is there before I notice. I just turn around and she’s belly up w a wagging tail. I don’t even have to bend over cause she’s not picky. I just run her belly with my foot. Dogs are great.

View attachment 22545

This is my favorite dog. She used to be super aloof and not listen to me. I met her when she was 2 (she’s ~seven now, came w a relationship but she’s mine now). She tried to hump me and assert dominance when we first met. Would look at me like “you’re not my father!” But she bonds through play and I’d get on the ground with her and wrestle (I let her use my fist as a tug toy by latching her k-9s over my fisted fingers) and take her running (she starts whining when she sees me getting on my running gear and knows our 6 mile route perfectly). She used to be disinterested in pets and affection. Now she falls asleep on me and knows the pleasures of a good ear massage. This is a picture of how she turns over waiting for me when I’m at my record shelves. I never know how long she is there before I notice. I just turn around and she’s belly up w a wagging tail. I don’t even have to bend over cause she’s not picky. I just run her belly with my foot. Dogs are great.
Awwwww. She's so cute. What's her name???

Dogs are the best. I love when you see that they've accepted you as their pack. For some dogs, it is immediate (Bob.), for others, it takes some time (Rooster).

Awwwww. She's so cute. What's her name???

Dogs are the best. I love when you see that they've accepted you as their pack. For some dogs, it is immediate (Bob.), for others, it takes some time (Rooster).
Pepper (when she’s gettin a command or in trouble)

Peppy when playing

Wanted to pop in and share an update of my little pupperz! Last time I shared an update she was aroubd 3 months old. Huxley is now 6 months and 46 pounds of pure unadulterated love/derp and has been the secret key to unlocking the lifestyle I moved to California for. With out a doubt, she’s the best decision I’ve made next to proposing to my lady this year :). As stated above, dogs are great. Anybody in the thread have experience with Huskies?F6D1E309-D189-486A-BBC6-7F69F8F73ADD.jpeg5963C9AC-F389-4240-9001-0EE65E8A1A24.jpeg97845266-628C-44A3-B3A6-9396A47FD52B.jpeg

Meeting the 4 rescue puppies tomorrow. Will be hard to pick just one but we've got our #1 draft pick planned. Just have to see if she's a fit for us. My two daughters couldn't stop talking about how excited they were to meet them.

So funny enough, we met the puppies yesterday and the #1 draft pick is not the one we're going with. The one we're going with was actually one we hadn't really considered but she just won us over. She's just was a much better fit than the one we thought we were going with that just never seemed to warm up to us. Plus, the one we picked is just a little fluff ball full of cuteness. She laid her head on my daughter's lap while my daughter was trying to play with some of the others and just melted our hearts. We had lunch after meeting the puppies and after ruling out one of the other ones, it was down to two as another had already been adopted by another family. We were all pretty unanimous on our selection and for similar reasons. So we texted the foster mom and she said she was happy we chose the one we did. She's got another round of shots coming up on December 2nd and unless we fail the home visit before then, we'll be able to bring her home after that day. I would post her picture but I'm almost superstitious to do so until she's in our home for good. But she's a pretty baby. I can't wait till she's running around in our backyard. The kids were over the moon after we came to our decision. We're finally going to be a dog family.

So funny enough, we met the puppies yesterday and the #1 draft pick is not the one we're going with. The one we're going with was actually one we hadn't really considered but she just won us over. She's just was a much better fit than the one we thought we were going with that just never seemed to warm up to us. Plus, the one we picked is just a little fluff ball full of cuteness. She laid her head on my daughter's lap while my daughter was trying to play with some of the others and just melted our hearts. We had lunch after meeting the puppies and after ruling out one of the other ones, it was down to two as another had already been adopted by another family. We were all pretty unanimous on our selection and for similar reasons. So we texted the foster mom and she said she was happy we chose the one we did. She's got another round of shots coming up on December 2nd and unless we fail the home visit before then, we'll be able to bring her home after that day. I would post her picture but I'm almost superstitious to do so until she's in our home for good. But she's a pretty baby. I can't wait till she's running around in our backyard. The kids were over the moon after we came to our decision. We're finally going to be a dog family.
Congratulations to you and your family, that’s such an exciting event for a family to experience, especially one with kids! So stoked for them, don’t think there’s anything cooler for a kid than getting a dog. Excited to see what she looks like once she finds her way to the back yard? Is it a young pup, what kind of breed/mix?

Wanted to pop in and share an update of my little pupperz! Last time I shared an update she was aroubd 3 months old. Huxley is now 6 months and 46 pounds of pure unadulterated love/derp and has been the secret key to unlocking the lifestyle I moved to California for. With out a doubt, she’s the best decision I’ve made next to proposing to my lady this year :). As stated above, dogs are great. Anybody in the thread have experience with Huskies?View attachment 22888View attachment 22887View attachment 22886

My experience with Huskies is that they are vocal, hysterical, need lots of exercise and need training. But with training and exercise are really great dogs. Did I mention the vocal part? I love how much they talk. And talk back even.

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! Dog families are the best families.

Congratulations to you and your family, that’s such an exciting event for a family to experience, especially one with kids! So stoked for them, don’t think there’s anything cooler for a kid than getting a dog. Excited to see what she looks like once she finds her way to the back yard? Is it a young pup, what kind of breed/mix?

Best we can tell she's a mix of Golden Retriever, Lab, and German Shepherd. She's got the golden color and a cross of german and lab in the face. She has the sweetest sad little face.

Back