Baseball

So....The Cardinals are sucking REALLY bad this year. I have no idea what is going on with them. It's either their pitching (usually it's their pitching), or they don't hit, or their usually good defense breaks down....or it's all of the above.

I do have to say that after watching the last couple years very closely, like not missing a game either watching or listening, I'm not surprised. Their hitting has really been bad for years - and a new hitting coach this year isn't helping anything.

They got Goldschmidt and Arenado, which was great...but then spent $$ on Matz, Mikolas and other shit contracts just to let players like Randy Arozarena, Adolis Garcia, Sandy Alcantara, Lance Lynn go or used them to make shitty trades. The Sandy Alcantara trade was the worst - the Cardinals got 2 years with wife beater Marcell Ozuna.

All we got with that is this video

ugh. The Cardinals are the worst this year. Everything about them is just bad.

I haven't watched or listened to a game in a while, and I'll kinda follow along on the MLB app, but woof....it's really bad baseball.

And you know....I actually like having the free time for other things....like sleep, music, video games, movies, time with the family (they both hate baseball)

I haven't watched or listened to a game in a while, and I'll kinda follow along on the MLB app, but woof....it's really bad baseball.

And you know....I actually like having the free time for other things....like sleep, music, video games, movies, time with the family (they both hate baseball)
The White Sox have been garbage so far this year too but as a lifelong Sox fan I suspect that I am more used to rooting for a trash baseball team than you are.

My aunt in St. Louis said she's stopped paying attention. It's really annoying. They have all the right pieces on offense. But defense wins championships

Going to check off another ballpark at the end of the month. I'm helping my buddy move back to Texas from Long Island. We're going to go to the Yankees/Padres game on his final night in NYC. Never been so I'm looking forward to it. Not looking forward to the two day car ride but I can also check off some cities on the way like Nashville and Memphis. Plan to check out the Stax Museum.

That was a great Cardinals game against the Dodgers.

Could have done without Freeman grand slam to make it close, but the Cards got some runs back.

Love seeing Contreras succeed after whatever that shit was with him not catching for a bit.

352366848_226818453488711_586474554377826350_n.jpg

Most excited I've been for a Reds debut since Aroldis Chapman.

Going to check off another ballpark at the end of the month. I'm helping my buddy move back to Texas from Long Island. We're going to go to the Yankees/Padres game on his final night in NYC. Never been so I'm looking forward to it. Not looking forward to the two day car ride but I can also check off some cities on the way like Nashville and Memphis. Plan to check out the Stax Museum.
Never got on to talk about this. Had a fantastic time and the Yankees lost so it was a bonus. My buddy uses a rollator so we just sat up in the assisted patron area at the top of our section. Great seats. Yankees fans were really into it which was great. Game flew by. We took off right before the 9th inning so we could make the drive over to Jersey City where our hotel was. Sadly, didn't get to Stax until after it was closed but I'll go back there someday.762244FB-54D4-48FF-9971-64A6E38E06F2.jpeg

Last edited:
Back