Baseball

At least you probably have a story about sitting in traffic for 3 hours to take away from it all.
The only time I've been to FedEx Field was for U2 360. I met a friend who lives in Maryland, and he drove us to the show from my hotel in Greenbelt. The drive there was a piece of cake... getting out of the parking lot was a nightmare. I'm from the NYC metro area and can at times be considered an "aggressive" driver. The U2 show was the first time I'd met this friend IRL so I had to restrain myself and not scream at him to gtfo of the parking lot. I think we sat for well over an hour before even getting out of our parking lane.

The only time I've been to FedEx Field was for U2 360. I met a friend who lives in Maryland, and he drove us to the show from my hotel in Greenbelt. The drive there was a piece of cake... getting out of the parking lot was a nightmare. I'm from the NYC metro area and can at times be considered an "aggressive" driver. The U2 show was the first time I'd met this friend IRL so I had to restrain myself and not scream at him to gtfo of the parking lot. I think we sat for well over an hour before even getting out of our parking lane.
Ha! See my previous post about said U2 show!. It's funny because for the Coldplay show I went to I purposely picked a hotel in Greenbelt because it seemed like an easy drive down to the stadium and purposely picked my parking spot to be able to pull right out of the stadium onto the beltway to get up to Greenbelt. It worked like a charm. We were back at our hotel about 40 minutes after the show ended. If you ever go to a show there again I'll show you on a map where to park lol.

My brother and I like to take baseball trips to ballparks around the country we don't normally get to visit. Last one was to Chicago in 2019. We haven't done one since then but are making plans to go to San Francisco in early August to hit up a Giants game on Thursday and an A's game on Saturday. Friday will be a trip up to Russian River Brewing and stop off at the Muir Woods.

So far we've jointly visited the Cubs, Dodgers, Angels, Nationals, and Phillies. Future trips will be the Padres, Rockies, and Mariners. Houston isn't that far away so we've threatened to do that since it's only a 4 hour car trip. We'd like to hit the Royals before they move out of the old stadium. He may go to Boston this summer with his kids which I've already done. Separately, I've gone to see the Braves, Twins, and Red Sox. We figure there are some we may never get around to because the reason to go there is fairly remote like most of the upper Midwest. New York is on there as that's a fairly easy flight and a great destination.
We used to do a trip with three or four guys and wrap some golf around it. Probably told this before but, a great one was a trip to San Fran. Flew in Wednesday morning. A's day game, Giants night game. Thursday Giants day game, Tears for Fears concert that night. Woke up Friday and played Olympic a couple weeks from the US Open, then flew home.

All that to say, Baseball trips are the best!

HAPPY OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I start a stretch of 5 night shifts tonight, but I'm gonna get up to watch the Cardinals game at 1:30 this afternoon.

I'm not sure MLB.tv will have all the pre-game stuff like the Clydesdales.
Last year I know I watched it on MLB.TV.
That piano song gets old real quick tho 😂

Went to the store to pick up Cracker Jack. They didn't have any out on the floor, so the super nice guy went in back to check for me. I now have Cracker Jack and Cracker Jill!

LFGM!!!

339106578_525281656472462_6887929625993681218_n.jpg

New year, same offensive woes.
Kinda Surprising, that Cubs team isn’t very good but it’s the first day of a very long season.

One more hour until I getta see the White Sox be embarrassed on ESPN. Can’t wait.

Boy, This Phillies - Rangers game is putting up Eagles - Cowboys type numbers.

Last edited:
I think we might be one of the best defensive teams in the league this year... except for Bichette.
Yeah, I watched a bit of the game today, I hadn’t realized how much better you’re outfield defense was gonna be. Though I will say I genuinely thought Brandon Belt retired like 5 years ago.

Going to the Rays game on Sunday, taking the little guy with us for his first game. Sidenote, the Devils Rays alt unis are going to be worn every Friday home game all season I believe
Great alternate. I understand why they shortened up and simplified their name and logo but those iridescent OG logo and unis were awesome and a perfect secondary throwback alternate. It’s like the Sox. The script “Sox” with black, white and grey colors are fantastic but it’s nice to have the old school Red White & Blue with the “Batterman” logo as a nice change of pace.

Enjoy taking the little guy to the game, I have 2 Rays and on Marlin on my Fantasy Baseball pitching rotation along with Jazz this year so I am hoping for good thing from Florida Baseball.

Back