Baseball

Their center field options are bleak. They called up Mickey Moniak who has basically been a bust since he was a #1 overall pick. I'm hoping he can at least just bat over .200.
Yeah, I'm happy he's coming up. At least they can give something else a try. I don't think he can be worse than the other options up right now.

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. hit three homers today, two of them off Max Scherzer, and one of those a grand slam. Damn, he is off to a blazing start this year: 6 HR, 19 RBIs, batting .360, with an OPS of 1.177. Not bad for being 22. Fun stuff to watch!

It will be worth it in the summer when it's 100 degrees outside. It reminds me of a domed Braves stadium. The design is very similar with the proximity of most seats to the field. The vantage points, aside from those dumb seats, were really great. We sat in our actual seats for maybe 2 innings and then just went around touring the stadium. Even the upper level seats weren't that bad compared to the old stadium. They shrunk down the overall size and footprint of the stadium vs. the old one. The old stadium was beautiful but it was way too large. You walk from security to your seats in 30 seconds. It's a lot more intimate feeling than the old one. The interior corridors can get a little bland as you go into the upper levels but that was the same in the old place.

View attachment 97391

I’m gonna enjoy this while it lasts. I still thought the Royals were a year out from playoff contention but they may not be a fluke this year.

View attachment 97394
My White Sox are coming for ya that being said I think KC is gonna be in it all year they have put together a scrappy team as long as their pitching holds up.

Back