Baseball

Good on the Blue Jays. Between this and how they handled the situation with Roberto Osuna a few years back, they shown that they will not tolerate shitty behaviour with anyone. Doesn't matter if you are a hall of famer or the next potential franchise closer.
Roberto Alamar has always been a shithead. Probably woulda been a unanimous first ballot HOFer had he not been such a knob. Good for the Jays.

Wow. Miggy out there batting .105
As a team the Tigers are batting .199 with only one guy over .225
Through 30 games they are 8-22 and have scored 86 runs and they have over 300 strikeouts in those 30 games. I've never seen this team at this level of suck...2003 was close.

We're around year 5 of this rebuild and they are heading towards some of the most dubious records, not only in franchise history, but MLB history. I am stunned Al Avila still has a job, I am pretty sure owner Chris Illitch is asleep or living out of the country...his father wouldn't be happy with this ridiculous mess.

Detroit sports are stuck in the mud...

Wow. Miggy out there batting .105
As a team the Tigers are batting .199 with only one guy over .225
Through 30 games they are 8-22 and have scored 86 runs and they have over 300 strikeouts in those 30 games. I've never seen this team at this level of suck...2003 was close.

We're around year 5 of this rebuild and they are heading towards some of the most dubious records, not only in franchise history, but MLB history. I am stunned Al Avila still has a job, I am pretty sure owner Chris Illitch is asleep or living out of the country...his father wouldn't be happy with this ridiculous mess.

Detroit sports are stuck in the mud...
what a fall from grace for Cabrera. If there was someone who I thought could beat the HR record again it was him. He was 33 sitting at 450 home runs... damn World Baseball Classic.

what a fall from grace for Cabrera. If there was someone who I thought could beat the HR record again it was him. He was 33 sitting at 450 home runs... damn World Baseball Classic.
Definite fall from grace. No real power left but he's not hitting for average either and he's been an embarrassment on the bases as well.

Yeah, looking at the run differential in the standings it was only a matter of time. The Sox are dealing with some injuries now though Robert, and Jimenez are both out now for likely the majority of the season.
View attachment 98199
Dang I didn’t realize KCs was so bad. And double yikes Detroit.

We just called up our best pitching prospect and Adalberto Mondesi is yet to return so I’m still hopeful they’ll be in it all year. Just need more consistency defensively and for bats to get hot at the same time.

Last edited:
And double yikes Detroit.
Right? It's so bad.
This all from bad drafting and bad trades.
For managers we've had Gardenhire and now Hinch, both major upgrades from Brad Ausmus, but have sunk even deeper into baseball abyss. This is ALL on Avila IMO.

And wow, seeing what Castellanos and JD Martinez are doing stings even more.

Right? It's so bad.
This all from bad drafting and bad trades.
For managers we've had Gardenhire and now Hinch, both major upgrades from Brad Ausmus, but have sunk even deeper into baseball abyss. This is ALL on Avila IMO.

And wow, seeing what Castellanos and JD Martinez are doing stings even more.
I will say as a fan of a franchise that spent the past 15 years trying to figure things out. The rebuild process can be painful but ultimately rewarding. I would say the Tigers are in the process of bottoming out. The good news is, if done right; the end results are usually immensely rewarding. As @Endtro I am sure can attest, it always takes longer than you think it should and sometimes you have to do some mini resets along the way but if and when it all comes together it’s a fun ride.

I will say as a fan of a franchise that spent the past 15 years trying to figure things out. The rebuild process can be painful but ultimately rewarding. I would say the Tigers are in the process of bottoming out. The good news is, if done right; the end results are usually immensely rewarding. As @Endtro I am sure can attest, it always takes longer than you think it should and sometimes you have to do some mini resets along the way but if and when it all comes together it’s a fun ride.
I mean, a 15 year rebuild doesn't sound like an actual rebuild, it sounds like waves of ineptitude. I realize baseball is a much longer process usually, more similar to hockey, but when you lose a stable of pitchers, some maybe hall of fame worthy, and give up two young bats and five years later your farm system still stinks and your only prize is a no-brainer first overall pick (Casey Mize) it means the guy in charge of the rebuild has lost his way.

This town is definitely supportive when the Tigers are good, and summer baseball can be so fun around here. I was around for the 84 title and the nice runs they had (but fell short) earlier this millennium...but patience is wearing thin. You can probably imagine what sports talk radio is like. Good thing they have reduced capacity because I have a hunch if fully open it would be similar gate numbers.

Also, I'm just salty today, so I am bagging on the Tigers. The Lions always get a pass from me after they fire the coach. Pretty much from the draft until the season starts.

I mean, a 15 year rebuild doesn't sound like an actual rebuild, it sounds like waves of ineptitude. I realize baseball is a much longer process usually, more similar to hockey, but when you lose a stable of pitchers, some maybe hall of fame worthy, and give up two young bats and five years later your farm system still stinks and your only prize is a no-brainer first overall pick (Casey Mize) it means the guy in charge of the rebuild has lost his way.

This town is definitely supportive when the Tigers are good, and summer baseball can be so fun around here. I was around for the 84 title and the nice runs they had (but fell short) earlier this millennium...but patience is wearing thin. You can probably imagine what sports talk radio is like. Good thing they have reduced capacity because I have a hunch if fully open it would be similar gate numbers.

Also, I'm just salty today, so I am bagging on the Tigers. The Lions always get a pass from me after they fire the coach. Pretty much from the draft until the season starts.
The 15 years I referenced were from the last time the White Sox won a World Series. After winning, had they actually tore it down and stared over it wouldn’t have taken 15 to get back into contention. The problem was they were stuck in kind of middling purgatory for about 10 of those 15 (the Sox chasing mediocrity also led to them trading Tatis, Jr. amongst other prospects for an almost washed up Jake Peavy, but I digress). The Sox started the rebuild in earnest when they trade Chris Sale to the Boston. Since bottoming out a couple seasons later it has been immense fun to watch these young prospects slowing rise up the ranks. That being said I still think we are couple seasons behind where I thought they would be when this all started. The Tigers will be good good again you just have dig through a bunch of shit first to get there.

The 15 years I referenced were from the last time the White Sox won a World Series. After winning, had they actually tore it down and stared over it wouldn’t have taken 15 to get back into contention. The problem was they were stuck in kind of middling purgatory for about 10 of those 15 (the Sox chasing mediocrity also led to them trading Tatis, Jr. amongst other prospects for an almost washed up Jake Peavy, but I digress). The Sox started the rebuild in earnest when they trade Chris Sale to the Boston. Since bottoming out a couple seasons later it has been immense fun to watch these young prospects slowing rise up the ranks. That being said I still think we are couple seasons behind where I thought they would be when this all started. The Tigers will be good good again you just have dig through a bunch of shit first to get there.
Ah, that makes sense on the 15 years. And middling in any sport is definitely purgatory, especially middling for several years.

Ah, that makes sense on the 15 years. And middling in any sport is definitely purgatory, especially middling for several years.
Yeah, that’s why I think the Tigers are on their way, they know what they need to do and are doing it.

check out the MLB farm system rankings right now…
21C90430-237E-4F2C-B8B5-C5D29C0F5492.jpeg

Yeah, that’s why I think the Tigers are on their way, they know what they need to do and are doing it.

check out the MLB farm system rankings right now…
View attachment 98247
All those guys have been talked about for awhile, and I am glad to see the system is ranked so high. Local talk is that there are NO bats anywhere close to MLB ready...which explains the dismal BA and insane run differential. Maybe (probably) I'm impatient, but thinking about this the last couple days just got me fired up. I hate the city I love being an embarrassment in all four sports.

Back