Baseball

So, i know its not as fun of a narrative, but...

Bruce Maxwell tweeted that TLR is the only person, the only one, from MLB who called him after he kneeled. He said they talked for over an hour and that its a great hire for the white Sox.
That's a good thing that he did and if he told the truth during his intro presser that his stance on kneeling has evolved that's also good. But he's doubled down on some years old bad takes on the subject as recently as this year and has well documented cases of saying and doing some racist things.

Only somewhat related. The Rooney Rule has some pretty obvious flaws (see this very good article from a couple days ago ), but the way baseball regularly makes a mockery of their own minority considerations rules. Hiring the guy who hasn't coached in 10 years without even interviewing anyone else is not a good look.

That's a good thing that he did and if he told the truth during his intro presser that his stance on kneeling has evolved that's also good. But he's doubled down on some years old bad takes on the subject as recently as this year and has well documented cases of saying and doing some racist things.

Only somewhat related. The Rooney Rule has some pretty obvious flaws (see this very good article from a couple days ago ), but the way baseball regularly makes a mockery of their own minority considerations rules. Hiring the guy who hasn't coached in 10 years without even interviewing anyone else is not a good look.

I dont think anyone actually has open applications for a position this high anymore. I can't think of a single one in recent memory where it seemed opened ended on who the team would end up with.

Honestly: the last one i remember was when the Mariners signed Wakamatsu and that's something like 4 or 5 managers ago for them.

I dont think anyone actually has open applications for a position this high anymore. I can't think of a single one in recent memory where it seemed opened ended on who the team would end up with.

Honestly: the last one i remember was when the Mariners signed Wakamatsu and that's something like 4 or 5 managers ago for them.
lol but can you imagine going into the White Sox org website under careers and seeing a position for Head Club Coach... lolol

They just released a t-shirt with the Cherokee language on it. Proceeds benefitting New Kituwah Academy. I'm guessing not any time soon.
It’ll happen eventually. The dominos are falling from the most to least offensive. I would imagine the Indian head will start disappearing from the Blackhawks sweaters here shortly (fun fact: The Blackhawks name is actually derived from the 86th Infantry “Black Hawk” Division during World War I). I am sure the time will come for the Blackhawks, Chiefs, and Braves at some point but those are less offensive (if the meatball fans can avoid the “Tomahawk Chop” the names will probably last a bit longer) at least overtly.

Back