Baseball

I actually had a promo pop up on Facebook for $1 a month for 6 months so I decided to give it a go. First article that popped up was "Cactus League asks MLB to delay start of the season". We're not off to great start here.
It’s funny, I saw more and more of the sports people I follow on social media head over to The Athletic from ESPN, SI, Fox, etc... but after signing up, I was amazed at just how much talent is now under their umbrella. I get their daily newsletter too which is wonderful.

Regarding that article, I just read it and, yeah I agree with the Cactus League. They should push the Start of Spring Training a month or two and allow more time for the Vaccine fro roll out. Most of the models I have seen regarding projected Covid numbers show the US getting things under control around July and while I don’t think they will wait that long, I think delaying (or completely cancelling most of) Spring Training would probably be beneficial for players and fans alike.

It’s funny, I saw more and more of the sports people I follow on social media head over to The Athletic from ESPN, SI, Fox, etc... but after signing up, I was amazed at just how much talent is now under their umbrella. I get their daily newsletter too which is wonderful.

Regarding that article, I just read it and, yeah I agree with the Cactus League. They should push the Start of Spring Training a month or two and allow more time for the Vaccine fro roll out. Most of the models I have seen regarding projected Covid numbers show the US getting things under control around July and while I don’t think they will wait that long, I think delaying (or completely cancelling most of) Spring Training would probably be beneficial for players and fans alike.
That certainly makes sense but with next year not looking good labor wise I'm very eager for a full season this year.

Real cool sport we have here, salary dumping potential MVP candidates
Right, The MLB is truly fucked if basically only a handful of teams are willing to even attempt to be competitive in a given season. The Rockies were competitive last season but instead of trying to figure things out they would rather scrap this (and likely at least the next half dozen) season to save money and start rebuilding. It’s a shame.

Watched the full Phillies game while spinning some tunes tonight, looking forward to the season! Nola looked great, and as long as the bullpen isn't statistically close to the worst of all time again, we should be competing.

Since I got my first dose of Pfizer yesterday, I bought tickets to a late April mid-week Rangers game at the new stadium. It will be my first trip out to the new ballpark. Sure we'll be dead last in the AL West and probably the American League but NEW STADIUM! Oh and Dollar Dog Night.

Since I got my first dose of Pfizer yesterday, I bought tickets to a late April mid-week Rangers game at the new stadium. It will be my first trip out to the new ballpark. Sure we'll be dead last in the AL West and probably the American League but NEW STADIUM! Oh and Dollar Dog Night.
Yeah, they are going full capacity to start off the season right? I am still hoping to get vaccinated prior to the White Sox coming to town in late June but they are only doing 25% capacity as of right now so I am not sure what the ticket situation is gonna be. I don’t think I would want full capacity either but I also don’t wanna pay more the $50 for a bleacher seat either.

It's supposed to be full capacity for opening day and then reduced after. We picked aisle seats to give us a little bit of a break from at least one person on our right. There was also 4 empties next to us on the left so my hope is maybe people skip a seat if they're looking for a pair. It's also why I picked a mid-week game. We also may move around if it feels too crowded. I'd like to check out different sections of the stadium on that first game if it's allowed so we'd look for a more open section if it's too weird. We'll still mask up.

If anyone listens to games on Sirius XM it looks like they're moving live games to the "All Access" tier. So dumb. That's how I listen to most mid week day games.
I don’t know if you have T-Mobile or Sprint but T-Mobile has an App called “T-Mobile Tuesday’s” and they offer special deals to their customers every Tuesday.

Anyways, today through 4/5 they are offering MLB.TV for the entire season FOR FREE! I know it doesn’t help everyone because it is only for out-of-market games but as a White Sox fan living in the Pacific NW, this saves me $135 bucks.

I don’t know if you have T-Mobile or Sprint but T-Mobile has an App called “T-Mobile Tuesday’s” and they offer special deals to their customers every Tuesday.

Anyways, today through 4/5 they are offering MLB.TV for the entire season FOR FREE! I know it doesn’t help everyone because it is only for out-of-market games but as a White Sox fan living in the Pacific NW, this saves me $135 bucks.
Nope. I have Xfinity Mobile. That's a great offer though!

I already had it, need to see if I can get my money back and use this. Saw it earlier, but no idea if I can make that work.

I already had it, need to see if I can get my money back and use this. Saw it earlier, but no idea if I can make that work.
Yeah that’s a bummer, hopefully you can get it taken care of. I was literally about signed up this morning but decided to hold off until opening day.

Yeah that’s a bummer, hopefully you can get it taken care of. I was literally about signed up this morning but decided to hold off until opening day.
On the phone with MLB.tv now, and it sounds like they have a policy to refund for this. What a great bonus!

EDIT: Well that worked out nicely, paid for the earlier trip to my local plus a little extra!

Last edited:
Back