Baseball

So you expect your favorite team to lose every year?

I actually go into most seasons not expecting my teams to get to the playoffs. (Except for the USWNT). It helps tamper my expectations and heart break. I've been very pleasantly surprised this year (Nats and I still can't really wrap my head around it). And got what I expected with another team (Pelicans). And still had my heart a bit broken (Saints past few years).

Every year, the Cardinals and their fans enter the season with their heads down and they simply play hard and follow the Cardinal Way, like Stan the Man would have wanted. They don't brag. They don't boast. And, amazingly, despite being the humblest and most underrated, without fail, they still end up being the best team and the best fans in all of sports year after year.

Every year, the Cardinals and their fans enter the season with their heads down and they simply play hard and follow the Cardinal Way, like Stan the Man would have wanted. They don't brag. They don't boast. And, amazingly, despite being the humblest and most underrated, without fail, they still end up being the best team and the best fans in all of sports year after year.
This rides that line so nicely I cant truly tell if its satire or not.

1574105311894.png

Who's your picks?

My picks:
Larry Walker, Scott Rolen, Derek Jeter, Curt Shilling, Manny Ramirez, Todd Helton, Bobby Abreu, ....Bonds*, Clemens*..........................DUNN

Jeter is the only HoFer on there imo
agreed.

I guess if I have to pick others, Omar Vizquel, Andy Pettitte, Manny Ramirez, Larry Walker, Todd Helton, Garry Sheffield.

Manny Ramirez should be a first balloter, but I guess not because he's had some controversies. I hated when the Yankees would play against the Red Sox because he always was so dangerous

Dunn was my only fan-biased vote. Well, partially Rolen too, but I think he definitely has a legit case.

Also, for the record I've been very anti-PED in HoF for a while, but I'm starting to come around? I'm still torn.

Someone on twitter posted the career WAR for each -

1574109096265.png

INCOMING CARDINALS BIASED OPINION!

Scott Rolen has my vote!

lolol
Rolen would be my next closest, but as a Phillies fan I cant stand him. Hall of really good? Hes a lock. I just dont think hes a HoFer
agreed.

I guess if I have to pick others, Omar Vizquel, Andy Pettitte, Manny Ramirez, Larry Walker, Todd Helton, Garry Sheffield.

Manny Ramirez should be a first balloter, but I guess not because he's had some controversies. I hated when the Yankees would play against the Red Sox because he always was so dangerous

I love Manny, but hes too closely associated with roids for him to have a shot.

I've actually come around and think juicers should be let into the HoF in their own wing that has a plaque saying "Steroid use was rampant in the league during this era but these are the best players from the Steroid era"

Last edited:
walker has to be in there, same a jeter. bonds, ramirez, and clemens too - but im fine continuing to make an example of them for now.

that leaves pettite, sheffield, helton, jones, abreau and rolen.

pettite and his potseason makes him a lock

jones revolutionized center field, and though at the end of his career he fell off a clif - that should boost him to the hall. he alone helped that braves pitching staff to so many more outs than anyone in the league.

helton gets the nod to me for his longevity, ditto for abreau - both dudes we so consistent.

i think sheffield and rolen get in also at some point but wait a few years.

there are some more guys on the bubble here but not consistent enough or anything more than a couple of amazing years to get it.

also, im biased as a braves fan but id realy like to see dale murphy get in; especially after baines, etc. this guy played on shitty teame forever and still managed to be durable, consistent and win two mvps. all without a trace of cheating and being nothing but classy the whole way.

Hall of really good? Hes a lock. I just dont think hes a HoFer

This is what the HoF has pretty much turned in to.

The Harold Baines induction showed this.

Walker should be in. Rolen could get in as voters start to realize that WAR undervalues defense.

walker has to be in there, same a jeter. bonds, ramirez, and clemens too - but im fine continuing to make an example of them for now.

that leaves pettite, sheffield, helton, jones, abreau and rolen.

pettite and his potseason makes him a lock

jones revolutionized center field, and though at the end of his career he fell off a clif - that should boost him to the hall. he alone helped that braves pitching staff to so many more outs than anyone in the league.

helton gets the nod to me for his longevity, ditto for abreau - both dudes we so consistent.

i think sheffield and rolen get in also at some point but wait a few years.

there are some more guys on the bubble here but not consistent enough or anything more than a couple of amazing years to get it.

also, im biased as a braves fan but id realy like to see dale murphy get in; especially after baines, etc. this guy played on shitty teame forever and still managed to be durable, consistent and win two mvps. all without a trace of cheating and being nothing but classy the whole way.

Pettite admitted to using HGH and Sheffield was in the Mitchell Report, so if we're still punishing steroid users they need to be included too. But yeah, like I said in my previous post I'm still torn on it.

This is what the HoF has pretty much turned in to.

The Harold Baines induction showed this.

Walker should be in. Rolen could get in as voters start to realize that WAR undervalues defense.
Yea, but Harold Baines shouldnt be in either. It's a pretty weak argument to say well they messed up before, so why not mess up again.

Yea, but Harold Baines shouldnt be in either. It's a pretty weak argument to say well they messed up before, so why not mess up again.

That wasn't my argument at all, just that it was a bad decision to vote him in when there are many more deserving players.

Baines barely makes the "Really Good Player" HoF.

My opinion about Walker and Rolen have nothing to do with Baines being voted in....they should get the votes based on their careers.

problem is with the hgh and roid era its hard to measure the accomplishments of the guys like baines that came prior. hes no doubt a solid player but he had the misfortune of ending his career as some guys that were probably on performance enhancers were starting theirs with amazing numbers. so on one had he was dope for his era; but on the other hand it takes 5 years retirement to be considered.

in reality its opened a huge box of worms.

but then again the universe is a huge ever expanding and contracting mess and we tiny humans who serve to self gratify at every angle instead of banding together to seek exploration and utopia are pretty much meaningless. so yeah, there's that.

This Jacoby Ellsbury thing is an incredibly stupid move by the Yankees. Not dropping him - that’s probably overdue if anything - but picking this fight over clawing back the money on the last year of his deal, right at the outset of a pivotal free agency period for the franchise, is such a needless own goal that it boggles the mind.

Back