Baseball

I mean obviously generalizations arent always right across the board. Not every Philadelphia fan is a santa booing, battery throwing, child puking monster, but just like how we get saddled with that stereotype for a reason, same goes for Cards fans and their hollier than thou, hypocritical attitude.

A lot of them have been humbled these past couple of years of a struggling Cardinals organization.
Which is kind of weird because despite winning multiple WS, we always seem to be the underdog lol

I mean that's one way of looking at it. Another is that it's the biggest cheating scandal in sports in my lifetime and waaaaay worse than any team stealing signs.

It was a big deal as far as it made it a Federal crime, but in the baseball / front office aspect of it, not really. Considering they aren't even in the same league, and that it was literally one guy trying to make a name for himself.

It seems that you read a lot of the anti-Cardinals Deadspin blogs.

I mean that's one way of looking at it. Another is that it's the biggest cheating scandal in sports in my lifetime and waaaaay worse than any team stealing signs.

I think sign stealing is worse. That takes a whole organization. Cards situation was one employee's dumbass idea and then following through.

This comment doesnt help Cardnials fans case any.

How? I'm not saying that they're the best, or that they are God sent, or that they're the best team. Cause they're not lol
They struggle a lot, them acquiring talent is stressful and somewhat embarrassing, can't win a WS against the Red Sox and usually are the underdog in every postseason they are a part of.
Now, do Cardinal fans have high expectations, YES, they expect the Cards to at least make the postseason every year, and to me, that should be every teams fan expectation despite who they are.

Cardinals fans making my points for me as far as I'm concerned.

I don't see how seeing scouting reports from a different team is worse than in-game cheating by sign stealing....to the extent they were doing it.

A runner at second can tip a pitch to a batter all day long if they let him...but having a camera on the catcher and banging on a trashcan loud enough for the TV cameras to pick up is more of an issue that one guy looking at scouting reports.

So you expect your favorite team to lose every year?
giphy (44).gif
A) Have you seen the Phillies roster over the last decade? Of course I have.

B) I'm not talking about winning and losing at all here. I'm talking about a fan base that continuously acts like they are gods gift to baseball. When in fact Cards fans are just as gross as every other fanbase and their front office is one of the most crooked front offices in all of sports. Baseball Heaven is a joke to every other fanbase

I don't see how seeing scouting reports from a different team is worse than in-game cheating by sign stealing....to the extent they were doing it.

A runner at second can tip a pitch to a batter all day long if they let him...but having a camera on the catcher and banging on a trashcan loud enough for the TV cameras to pick up is more of an issue that one guy looking at scouting reports.

Yea federal offenses are rarely big deals....

Baseball Heaven is a joke to every other fanbase

And as I said above - all that media crap is a joke to a lot of actual fans. I don't think St. Louis is "Baseball Heaven", far from it.

The fan base is what I would call "baseball savvy", we like well played baseball....the home team fans booed the Cardinals a lot this year - and they made the playoffs. (I would say they over achieved and clung on because MIL/CHC couldn't catch up in time)

My wife's family is from Minnesota, so most of it is a friendly hate from me. Although the Vikings and Eagles have been building a small side rivalry these past few years

totally fair. And I agree, although you definitely have gotten the best of us so far! Straight up embarrassed us in the NFC championship. I also want the 76ers and Twolves to have a rivalry for the Embiid and KAT angle, but you guys are a lot better than us this year.

What he did isn't the same as how he did it.

He went to prison for "hacking" - not for looking at scouting reports.
Hey you do all the mental gymnastics you want.

Baseball is built on scouting more than any other sport and to steal an organization's scouting report is as low as you can get. It takes a team of scouts traveling the entire country over multiple years to gather that information and to steal that work is the lowest of lows. I'd rather know what great talents are coming up in the draft than if the next pitch will be a fastball or not. A bad player can know every pitch coming and they still wont be able to hit them.

totally fair. And I agree, although you definitely have gotten the best of us so far! Straight up embarrassed us in the NFC championship. I also want the 76ers and Twolves to have a rivalry for the Embiid and KAT angle, but you guys are a lot better than us this year.
Yea we got the game that mattered the most and then won a Superbowl in your stadium, but you've won the past two games including blowing us out this year. It also helps that there is no love lost between the fanbases based off how Vikings fans felt they were treated at that NFC championship game.

Back