Baseball

im a braves fan and its going to be weird for me also. hoping the braves get rendon and madbum this year too...
For some reason I think the Phils are going to end up with Madbum. I'm ok with that if there's no way of Cole or Strasburg, which I can't figure there will be. $16 mil from the cap now. Although a lot coming off next year.

Well with the Cozart move plus these comments from Cash (the whole thread, not just the first tweet) I’m starting to think this isn’t going the Yanks’ way. I’ll see you guys in a bit over in the Drunken thread.

sure its great to sign cole or stras long term. but i shudder to see how many of these long-term contracts end up criplling a team down the line past their prime years...

Didi is a Phillie

I was really hoping the Reds would be able to entice him back to The Nati, but alas. Was hoping for an upgrade over Galvis at SS this year, and Correa is on the trading block I guess, but at this point I think I'd rather focus on other areas of need.

Giving a 29 year old player a 9 year contract???

Cole will be good for maybe 3 or 4 years and then fall off. He's no Randy Johnson.

sure its great to sign cole or stras long term. but i shudder to see how many of these long-term contracts end up criplling a team down the line past their prime years...

Cole will be good for maybe 3 or 4 years and then fall off. He's no Randy Johnson.

I agree with you both.

Stras and Cole are both great pitchers. But both of those contracts are ridiculous. Stras has a history of injury and being a bit delicate. He had no issues last season which means he's due.

At this point, I look at it this way: The Nats signed him so that they never have to play against him.

Yea but the Yankees have an open window for the next 3-5 years and desperately need pitching and if they win a WS it's all worth it. Also if any franchise can afford to pay stupid money to an aging player it's the Yankees. Plus he has an opt out after 5 years.

Is he a CC Sabathia? Because I and every Yanks fan I know will line up to take that ride again.
I hope so.

He did have decent numbers on a bad team (Pirates) same can be said for DeGrom. Maybe with run support and defense he’ll continue to get better.

Yea but the Yankees have an open window for the next 3-5 years and desperately need pitching and if they win a WS it's all worth it. Also if any franchise can afford to pay stupid money to an aging player it's the Yankees. Plus he has an opt out after 5 years.
Just let me have a knee jerk reaction in peace!!

Back