Baseball

Back when the Phillies were in the world series, they had ways you could listen to the home team broadcast (radio, internet) I'm not sure if this is still an option, but it might be worth looking into.

You enjoying this run is the only silver lining to watching the Nats in the series. Go Astros

I would try to sync up the radio broadcast from AtBat, but it's a bit behind the TV. I might go radio-only tonight.

Also, I HATED those announcers. They were so clearly on the Astros hype train. I had to mute it because I kept yelling SHUT THE FUCK UP after everything they said.

I miss our local Nats announcers. After every home run, the Nats do a dance in the dug out (it's part of the fun that baby shark brought to the dug out). Each Nat has their own dance. And after every home run, as the Nat player is entering the dug out, the announcer says, "And now we dance." I said it for Zimmerman and Soto last night.

It's funny, you heard the same thing from Astros fans about the Fox announce team during the Yankees series. "They're totally pulling for the Yankees", "They want the series to go 7", "They hate the Astros", "Screw Joe Buck", etc. Fox is just looking for angles to frame stories. The Yankees-Astros series was framed as "two heavyweights going toe to toe". Of course they were pushing for a game 7 in that series. Game 7s are high drama and equal ratings. I feel like the narrative in this World Series is a "David vs. Goliath" thing, kind of like they did with the Astros/Rays series. I don't believe that line, but I get why they are going with it. So when you hear the announce team hyping up the Astros, all I hear is them setting this up as the scrappy outgunned Nationals defeating the big bad Astros narrative. And, hey, it seems to be working well for the Nationals to play that underdog role, so...

I'm kind of indifferent to Joe Buck. I don't love him, but I don't think he's the worst guy on the planet to call a sporting event. I think Smoltz is pretty spot on with some of his observations. I think the pre/post game team is kind of cartoonish. A-Rod brings up good points, but his delivery is kind of annoying, and his homerism is REALLY annoying whenever the Yankees are involved. Frank Thomas doesn't really provide much in the way of analysis, and Big Papi plays the fun character role. Like everybody else, I prefer our local tv and broadcast teams.

Also, I HATED those announcers. They were so clearly on the Astros hype train. I had to mute it because I kept yelling SHUT THE FUCK UP after everything they said.

I miss our local Nats announcers. After every home run, the Nats do a dance in the dug out (it's part of the fun that baby shark brought to the dug out). Each Nat has their own dance. And after every home run, as the Nat player is entering the dug out, the announcer says, "And now we dance." I said it for Zimmerman and Soto last night.
Joe Buck is the worst. It’s the worst part of watching the Series.

Ah well. It's a crap way to end a season that had a lot of promise, but, this feels like it's the Nationals' year. I thought this would be a tough series, but, I have to admit, I felt like it would most likely be a split in the first two games. I thought Cole would get game 1, and Verlander would drop game 2. I think they could have bounced back from a split, but dropping both games? Not this year...not this team based on the way they are playing during this playoff run. Just hasn't felt like the same team that I watched the entire regular season. Some of that is facing the best of the best, but, they faced good pitching and great hitters in the regular season too. They just aren't clicking right now, which is unfortunate timing to say the least.

wow....Looks like the Nats showed up to play some baseball.

Glad I'm not the guy that bet millions on the Astros.

(I'm sure he hedged his bets, tho)

Ha! Yeah, Mattress Mac is going to take a hit. But he'll be alright. Houston loves that guy for all he has done for the city over the years.

Houston won in 2017 when the whole city needed it after the Hurricane/Flooding. Although I still remember that Gurriel incident about Darvish. :mad::cautious:

Nationals deserve this one a little bit more. It’s not over yet but what a win it’ll be for Zimmerman. First National player ever after being drafted back in 2005 (!!!). I remember buying a Nationals shirt from Dick’s in their first season and then a hat when my 8th grade class took a multi day field trip to DC. I’m not about to break it out now because it’s red and I hate red hats and it’ll look a little bandwagon-y. Anyways... go on Washington!

The Nationals just have the appearance of "that f'ing team". Like when the Giants and Cardinals beat my Rangers.
wow completely forgot the Rangers blew two straight World Series. Sucks when a team gets there with such a good squad to never win it.

wow completely forgot the Rangers blew two straight World Series. Sucks when a team gets there with such a good squad to never win it.

When they were the prohibitive favorite in both World Series. The Giants one wasn't even close. The Cardinals one was right there for the taking. Then Game 6 happened. If the Rangers never win a World Series, I'll take that one out away from winning one to my grave. At least I've witnessed championship with my other teams (Longhorns, Cowboys, Liverpool, Mavericks). But the Rangers have always had a soft spot with me since they were always so terrible when I was growing up.

I said this to my family last night and they agreed:

The Nats look as confident in themselves as the USWNT did at the World Cup.

That is a very very high compliment.

I'm Cardinals fan and they deserved every win The Nats have gotten. (Also, Cards have 11 WS Titles, so let someone else have a ride lol jk jk not really)

All that to say I'M FREAKING PUMPED FOR THE NATIONALS! Especially the ability to win it all at home!!!!!!!

Also, I have to keep my excitement down at work since a colleague (astros fan) went to the game yesterday after spending $1,300 for two nosebleeds and then driving back for work today. He's not really pumped right now lolol

Back