Baseball

its going to be great to see such great sp match up. but as long as the nats have that same bullpen im going to throw on the swami hat as say stros in 5. im an nl guy all the way and hate to root for the gnats since im a braves fan; should be a fun series as long as washington starters pitch deep.

I had mentioned earlier in the playoffs that the Astros actually didn't fare all that well against the NL teams they faced during the regular season. At least in comparison with their overall record. I checked this morning, and it turns out they were 11-9 in interleague play this season. Most of those games were against the NL Central teams, where they actually went 7-9. It looks like the Nationals went 14-6 against the AL in interleague play this year. I'm not sure which AL division they played this year, but that's a really good record regardless.

It's the playoffs, and I think you kind of have to throw most stats and trends out the window, but I still thought that was interesting.

Go Nats

I saw this too and was very displeased.

Trash talking is def a part of sports. But there is a line. Don't make fun of peoples' kids/wives/mental illness challenges/etc. And don't defend domestic violence! FFS. Why do we even have to say things like that?

Also, I HATED those announcers. They were so clearly on the Astros hype train. I had to mute it because I kept yelling SHUT THE FUCK UP after everything they said.

I miss our local Nats announcers. After every home run, the Nats do a dance in the dug out (it's part of the fun that baby shark brought to the dug out). Each Nat has their own dance. And after every home run, as the Nat player is entering the dug out, the announcer says, "And now we dance." I said it for Zimmerman and Soto last night.

Also, I HATED those announcers. They were so clearly on the Astros hype train. I had to mute it because I kept yelling SHUT THE FUCK UP after everything they said.

I miss our local Nats announcers. After every home run, the Nats do a dance in the dug out (it's part of the fun that baby shark brought to the dug out). Each Nat has their own dance. And after every home run, as the Nat player is entering the dug out, the announcer says, "And now we dance." I said it for Zimmerman and Soto last night.

yeah...I'm not a fan of MLB screwing over the announcers that work all year then don't get to call the most important games of the season during the playoffs. These national announcers don't know anything about these teams unless it's written down for them.

I'm a Cardinal fan...and I don't really like Joe Buck.

Back when the Phillies were in the world series, they had ways you could listen to the home team broadcast (radio, internet) I'm not sure if this is still an option, but it might be worth looking into.

You enjoying this run is the only silver lining to watching the Nats in the series. Go Astros

Back when the Phillies were in the world series, they had ways you could listen to the home team broadcast (radio, internet) I'm not sure if this is still an option, but it might be worth looking into.

You enjoying this run is the only silver lining to watching the Nats in the series. Go Astros

This is just so much fun! No matter the outcome, this city is very very excited. I got a picture of my nephews in their Nats attire this morning. Yep, they live in Yankees country but proudly wore their Nats shirts to school today.

THE NATS BEAT COLE! I mean, come on! How cool is that????

I am going to look into listening to our local dudes.

THE NATS BEAT COLE! I mean, come on! How cool is that????

giphy.gif

Back