Baseball

I was trying to find a Phillies game to hate watch. But I forgot, they haven't played for a few weeks now.
It's cool it's the time of year they replay the 08 WS that they won. Nothing like remembering championships won, you know the feeling right....

😁

It's cool it's the time of year they replay the 08 WS that they won. Nothing like remembering championships won, you know the feeling right....

😁

As a fan of the USWNT and Saints, fully aware of how it feels for my favorite teams to win it all. And I don't have to go back to 08 to remember that feeling.

As a fan of the USWNT and Saints, fully aware of how it feels for my favorite teams to win it all. And I don't have to go back to 08 to remember that feeling.
I mean me either since the Eagles have won more recently than the Saints and everyone is a USWNT fan. I just meant how good it feels to watch your favorite baseball team win the WS and not choke away a 2-0 lead with 3 home game losses in a row

I mean me either since the Eagles have won more recently than the Saints and everyone is a USWNT fan. I just meant how good it feels to watch your favorite baseball team win the WS and not choke away a 2-0 lead with 3 home game losses in a row
Who hurt you? And why are you taking it out on me?

Seriously. Go have a look at my status and maybe lay the fuck off for today?

Who hurt you? And why are you taking it out on me?

Seriously. Go have a look at my status and maybe lay the fuck off for today?
Sorry. No one hurt me, and I'm not taking anything out on you. I meant nothing personal by any of this I thought it was all in good fun. I even said before that you're the one reason I'll feel good if the Nats win. I thought we were friends enough that we could needle each others sports teams (mainly Nats/Phils) and not think it's a personal attack. I guess not tho. Sorry again

Last edited:
@Woob_woob was the unfair object of my retaliation towards homophobia. I apologize to woob. As a peace offering, I present a slew of well deserved memes.

Nationals-Choke-Meme.jpg1cbqej.jpgb11eb2bb4e45413f7ded88b4b2d98250cbaf87c9e40a5fac2d0343a8836d03e2.jpg

Love ya. Congratulations on having the better team this year (and pretty much the past decade)

I am still holding out hope against hope that this is going to be that extremely unusual series in which the teams sweep the games in the opposing city. And that Max can pitch again.

I am still holding out hope against hope that this is going to be that extremely unusual series in which the teams sweep the games in the opposing city. And that Max can pitch again.

This series has been so strange, I think the chances are better than 50-50 that we see a game 7. And then, who knows what will happen. Some combination of Greinke-Urquidy for the Astros versus Max for the Nats. I'd say advantage Max there if he's 100%, but back issues are tricky. All I know is this series hasn't gone at all the way I thought either before it started, or after the Astros lost the first two games.

I will say that the strike zone last night was terrible, and I can understand Nats fans being upset with several missed calls late. I will also say that the Nats fans booing Trump was amazing, and if the Astros do drop this series in 7, that memory will soften the blow just a tiny bit.

This series has been so strange, I think the chances are better than 50-50 that we see a game 7. And then, who knows what will happen. Some combination of Greinke-Urquidy for the Astros versus Max for the Nats. I'd say advantage Max there if he's 100%, but back issues are tricky. All I know is this series hasn't gone at all the way I thought either before it started, or after the Astros lost the first two games.

I will say that the strike zone last night was terrible, and I can understand Nats fans being upset with several missed calls late. I will also say that the Nats fans booing Trump was amazing, and if the Astros do drop this series in 7, that memory will soften the blow just a tiny bit.
Max is such a competitor. He does not like to not play. So he must be in some really intense pain for him to scratch himself for a WS game. Which makes me very hesitant about him being able to play again in this WS. My heart fell into the bottom of my shoes when I saw the news come across my phone yesterday afternoon.

Yeah, the ump was not hugely great about the strike zone. But when the score is 7-1 and we strand a gazillion base runners (I think I saw a stat that said the Nats were 1 for 25 with runners on the bases these last few games, that is not good), an ump that is missing some balls and strikes is not going to make much of a difference. That loss was not the ump's doing at all. The Nats need to string together some hits.

Game 7s are the best things in sports, so I'm rooting for the Nats to win game 6 at least to set up the winner take all final game.

Back