What's The Most Valuable Record In Your Collection?

Was in some hibernation on the collection, so not a ton of movement but some interesting adds/changes

View attachment 172176

New Entries:

#3: Orebolo: Volume 1 - This will settle I assume, just came in and people who missed the open pre-order had their regret buys. Nice 2 LP acoustic jamming...honestly prefer it to Goose but don't tell Goose fans. I can't imagine that holds up in the short term but Goose limited run vinyl is nuts.

#6 Elvis Presley S/T - Probably my best recent find. Not ideal conditioning but press for a 1st press was nuts.

#7 Blonde - OK y'all were right on the pricing. I think I'll eventually sell it, I just don't love the music as much as many do.

#26 - Sea Sew - List Hannigan - Probably my second best recent find. The local Bull Moose finally began pricing vinyl to marketish, so finds are limited to items in their system under the ancient pre-owned prices or misses...not sure which one this was but it was welcome. Great little album

#29 - Little Willies S/T - I paid market for this. I have no regrets. Fantastic classic country homage from Norah.

#31 - Let It Be Deluxe - Given this is like $40 retail this will disappear from the list shortly.

#48 - La La Land (Blue) - Just picked this up as Bull Moose priced it as the black. Sleeve damage but a worthy trade off.

Some false listings in terms of real value - Froot just got a repress, Let It Be is in the discount bin, The Story had a recent repress, etc. There's a decent number of titles that should absolutely be up there but haven't sold enough copies to do, but this is roughly accurate.
Love that Orebolo - it sounds fabulous. We did see them perform at Goose's Fred Fest at Lockn Farm.

Regret not buying that Lisa Hannigan record.

Wish I had the blue La La Land

This keeps getting worse and worse but I ain't selling

1628524074748-png.108152

View attachment 108151
I'm actually quite impressed that the median price of this is now matching the lowest price from two years ago. There definitely was a little bit of a vinyl bubble during covid

1681747118486.png

I'm actually quite impressed that the median price of this is now matching the lowest price from two years ago. There definitely was a little bit of a vinyl bubble during covid

I would legit think about spending that sort of money for a while, and then have a stern word with myself. Perhaps I could sell my SL-27 7" and buy it :ROFLMAO:

Haven't done this in a while, so here's my top 100. Some really big jumps from the last time I checked, like collector's version of DAMN that was available seemingly everywhere for so long

Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 17.13.14.png

Update from April...

Sorted by median value.

Top 14 -
XPhiWl.png

The range of what is below is $1,284.24 for the Beatles Mono Box to $122.49 for the Queen Of The Damned Soundtrack.

I don't usually see too much extreme movement in this value range - most of the movement is in the $40 to $100 range. Things shift a bit slightly, but not too aggressively. There are some new 2023 releases that should make the cut next time I upload, though.

VbTUOW.png

I definitely haven’t been collecting as long as most people on here, but here’s my top ten max albums. Hard to believe some of these have sold for these prices. I definitely don’t feel like I have any grails!

Attachments

• BD36542C-0155-4317-BDC6-33390F1DDDB0.png
    BD36542C-0155-4317-BDC6-33390F1DDDB0.png
    347.6 KB · Views: 37
this remains my most valuable record

followed by this, which I got for $35 a few months ago

I got it when they did the mystery vinyl sale on RSD about 6-7 years ago. I had no idea how rare it is when I received it. They say there are less than 100 in existence.

A day or so before the original rsd release McCready was playing on a small show in Seattle and he handed some out at the gig. What a way to get one!

this remains my most valuable record

followed by this, which I got for $35 a few months ago

Fun game. The Beatles mono box remains my most valuable entry.

These three are in my top 25; paid 50 cents for each of them.

Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 10.39.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 10.39.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 10.40.07 AM.png

Back